“Family Vacation on South Beach and Key West” 4 of 5 stars

Majestic Hotel South Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #159 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Indianapolis
“Family Vacation on South Beach and Key West”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

If looking for a high end hotel this is not for you .But the location was PERFECT for the art deco district of South Beach. We were travelling on a budget so even better. Fun to sit on porch/restaurant for a drink and food to visit and people watch. The hotel staff is ok weight staff great. I would come back here again. After returned from Key West stayed further up Ocean Dr with a place with a pool. Liked this location best but the amenities of the other hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Matthew C, Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Colleen D,

Thank you for your 4 star review! It's very nice to hear that you preferred our accommodations over another, although I'm sorry to hear that the hotel staff was out-shined by the wait staff. I'm hopeful that on your next visit, our hotel staff can exceed your expectations as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

1) $12.50 Resort Fee. Benefit=Fresh Beach Towel every day.
2) First Night=Paid for room with view. To see ocean a) Stick head out of window b) Turn to right.
3) First Night=Return to room at 3:30 A.M. from partying....neighbors next door argue with each other is spanish until 5:00 A.M. Walls are paper thin.
4) Second Day=Remote control turned TV on but didn't change the channels.
5) Second Day=Returned to room but key did not unlock door.
6) Second Day=No Fresh Beach Towel upon returning to room that we were locked out of. Found new remote control on bed.
7) Third Day=Bathroom light flickers but did not stay on. Had to use closet to put on makeup.
8) Third Day=Returned to room but key did not unlock door. Walked down 3 flights of stairs. No attendant at front desk. Couple before us had been waiting for attendant for 1 hour.
9) Third Day=After getting new key from reception...Bathroom light works but no fresh Beach Towels (resort fee)
10) Third Night (LAST NIGHT) 11:00 P.M. Relaxed in PJ's enjoying glass of wine...what's that I hear ooooh that's the FIRE ALARM! Grab Back Pack put clothes over PJ's go outside to see if the building burns down.
11) Third Night (LAST NIGHT) 11:20 P.M. Fire Alarm turned off and allowed to return to room.
12) Forth Day=6:00 A.M. LEAVING! Get dressed lug suite cases to elevator....what's that? Oh a sign on elevator stating "Out of Order". Lug suite cases down 3 awkward flights of stairs.

Furniture was raggedy! Torn patches on bench located beneath desk.

Yes, location was awesome but I will never stay at this hotel EVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Listen to your gut!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Oh lord what a ugly place please ppl never stay here go somewhere else is not worth it the hotel is dirty uncomfortable super expensive food n drinks I know is ocean drive but come onnnnn,this is so funny I went to the bar wed June 10th around 4pm they have the happy hour or whatever they call happy hour lol they charged me 23 dollars for a 2 drinks according to the guy buy one n get the second one for free , I told the bartender I just can have one kuz I'm going to the beach n that's too big can't finish them , he told me you can get the other one once you get Back from the beach just ask the waitress for it she will give it to you !! On top of that I tipped the waitress 10 bucks just to make sure I get my drink on my way back , I went to the bar I told the guy about what happened n was another bartender he ask me for the receipt n since she never game one he charge me 23 dollars for the drink I ordered lol like was my fault I didn't have the receipt I called the front the best n the front desk told me the Asian lady so rude that the bar has nothing to do w the hotel because they are 2 different management lol !!! So I paid almost 70 dollars for 2 drinks plus all the waitress's if you pretty they give you attitude and treat you like they better than u . like they are doing you a favor serving you I'm like you just a waitress seriously without being disrespectful maybe kuz ppl from chicago we always treat tourist good and with respect !!! The only good thing about the hotel is one of the front desk the tall white guy super hot and very helpful !!! Spend your money some other place please not worth it ! Bed are like a hard rock

Room Tip: Never stay here this place is not for human being !!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I most definitely would not recommend staying here, unless you don't mind sleeping on a bed with dirty and overly used comforters. Everything about the room needed to be replaced or cleaned. The only upside to this hotel was the location, it was within walking distance to everything. The comforters on the beds were stained and obviously never replaced or washed. I had complained to management about this and I was comped breakfast for one day and they were replaced with a not much cleaner and dingy version of the last comforter!!! Appalling that they are running a hotel this way!!

• Stayed June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked well in advance so the room was a great price for the location! Right on Ocean, its a minute walk to the beach and they provide beach towels which was great when your carry-on is pretty packed to begin with [balling on a budget!]. The hotel itself was older but it had everything you needed. The elevator was small and slow but it worked. The beds are hard, which I prefer, and the pillows were very comfortable. The hairdryer worked pretty well for one of the wall mounted dryers. Yes, the bathroom and room are small but who spends that much time in the room when you're in Miami?? The shower pressure was barely a dribble and the sink stopper broke. We didn't bother calling the front desk so we Macguyver-ed a bobbypin to prop open the stopper. Also, there was a metal bar sticking out from the bed frame that my friend kept running into because of its location. We tried to move the mattress around but the metal bar wasn't budging.

I read on several reviews that their staff was rude but I didn't have that problem at all. I called a few days before our check-in to request our group to be together and they delivered. They held our bags in their office while we waited for our rooms to be ready and they called us to check-in early at noon (reg check in is 3pm). If you're nice to them, they'll be nice to you. :)

The restaurant attached to the hotel was ok. I had the tex wrap which was good but expensive ($16 for a small wrap and a small portion of shoestring fries). My friend had the curry chicken and she said it tasted like Lysol. With the 20% it was still pretty expensive but thats what you get for people watching and dining right next to the beach. I would definitely stay here again but would eat everywhere else.

Room Tip: Dont expect an over the top place. Its a standard hotel room where you can sleep and walk to great n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Rooms have good size, Price is ok, service is no good, they have 20 percent off on their restaurant if you are a hotel guest but still expensive, food is not worth the price, location is really good. Overall stay is not so good.

• Stayed June 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed for two nights in May in an Ocean Front room and despite reading some bad reviews beforehand, we were relieved to find that our experience of the Majestic hotel was an enjoyable one. It was in a great location on Ocean Drive, ideal for sitting with a drink and people watching. We found the staff helpful and were always dealt with promptly. We were offered the Valet Parking service for $27 per night which we accepted as parking on the street is almost impossible! The room (including the bathroom and bedding) was very clean. Unlike some other guest reviews we personally had no problems with the water, electricity, WiFi or elevator during our stay. Although not the cheapest option in South Beach, we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Majestic Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!