“The Majestic Hotel is great dont listen to the haters..” 5 of 5 stars

Majestic Hotel South Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   660 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #163 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Manhattan NY
“The Majestic Hotel is great dont listen to the haters..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Hi everyone my name is Irene K. from NY I have stayed in The Majestic Hotel on 7th st and Ocean for 5 times and every single time I had a great time, I cannot believe what other people write and it sounds plain and simple like they hate life and people all together. I found the hotel thru an older contact, a front desk man named Al, hispanic guy who was very nice to me and always gives me a great discount ( even on holidays call this man,) and most of the times a free upgrade to the ocean front (bigger room) and eary check in and late check outs. He will hold your luggage after check out time also.For an eldery person like me I would not stayed where the front desk staff was mean. I love the hotel, the location, the view, ocean dr, the hotel is always clean and taken care of, all the staff is smiling all the time, the pictures of the lobby are true that's how the lobby was but they had renovated with the arrival of the restaurant like most hotels are doing in South Beach, the pictures of the rooms are acurate and real, everytime I come they are renovating, painting, fumigating, washing the carpet etc, No way the rooms are nasty, what the heck is jayday talking about I dont know, they give you beach towels everyday and breakfast is a low as $5.75, my only problem I have is some ghetto people that come to south beach, they're ruinnnig the area, the come in gangs of 5, 6 people and try to stay in the same room for the same price. I knew in advanced about the resort fee since I was told about it the very first time by Al, all hotels have it, you must read the terms and agreement jayday plus you probably dont travel a lot. I go to the sister hotel to use the pool always, the Carlton on collins ave for same price, I thank you Al for the great attitude and your service for people cus I see you doing it all the time, Thanks Majestic for the free daily coffee and drinking water bottles,wi-fi and free local calls. I'll put you on facebook with the rest of the people Im love, I will return of course

Room Tip: Call the front desk directly they will match or beat the price on the websites, ocean fronts are a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I booked this hotel for one night before going on a cruise. The price was decent for being a spring break saturday night in South Beach. However, if I would've waited a little longer to book, I believe I could've gotten a 3.5 or 4 star hotel for a similar price. (this was rated 2.5 star). Now to the room... It was very very very small, but clean and it did the job. If you're looking for an economical option in the heart of the action, give it a try. If you want luxury and quiet, keep looking. We ate dinner right on the sidewalk at the restaurant under the hotel. And the clerk was very nice, he even called me a cab as I was checking out. I would stay here again, but I would like to try other properties first for my next trip to SoBe.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

1ST the pictures are a damn lie!!!! The lobby nor the rooms look anything like the pictures. Staff is horrible and cant speak english. Hidden fees when you check in and out!!! The room were beyond nasty! JUST LOOK PASS THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU LIKE LIVING IN DIRT!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Somerset, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

My stay at this hotel was quite disappointing. I traveled to miami with my sisters and was happy about one thing it was across the street from the beach. The rooms are very tiny especially the bathroom. It was pretty clean and there is no full length mirror in the room. That is a necessity for me when getting dressed for the club at night. The front desk manager was rude and unhelpful and I will not return there They never had complimentary beach towels oe umbrellas which they advertise on thier website and be prepared to be harassed everytime you walk out the door by the people in front to have a drink or dinner or whatever overpriced "special" they are advertising.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
manchester u.k
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed at the Majestic hotel south beach for 2 nights on a trip to Florida, Fantastic location right in the middle of south beach, our view was of the fantastic hustle and bustle of south beach, nice clean and comfy rooms with helpful staff. We took a trip to the street behind our hotel (washington ave) to the world famous Miami Ink and yes Armi was there! this is a great place with lots going on at all times, if you like to party or people watch then this is the place for you, plenty of celeb spotting to!

Room Tip: we had a room on the front of the hotel was not disturbed by noise
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Matthew C, General Manager at Majestic Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
tigst4r, Thanks for the Great review!! Your descriptions and pictures will help a lot of travelers and we appericiate you taking the time to tell other about your experience at the Majestic.
Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I liked it very much, excellent location the beach is so near, front desk guy Al and the others were nice and helpful at all times. Despite I was in a room (156) close to the Hotel entrance the music at the bar don´t bother me to sleep at all. From there you can walk to the Pharmacy, coin laundry and lots of restaurants and bars. And if you want to ride the Airport flyer bus (#150) just walk to Washington ave and 5th st. that is couple of block from the hotel.

My trip was for business, only had the opportunity to have breakfast, and was fine, I recommend the country omelet, delicious.

This is not a 5 star hotel, but your money is well invested.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Ricardo03_h, Thanks for the Awsome review!! We are so glad you found the Majestic to everything you needed and more!!
long island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

you cant beat the location right on ocean drive across from the beach hotel is clean and staff was helpful especially AL he was great the rooms were clean and well priced the restaraunt is very good the only issue was our a/c was not cold but it was only one night and they did try to fix it i have stayed here 5-6 times and will again

Room Tip: check a/c is working
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
hagster1, Thanks for the great review!! as a senior contributor your opinion means a lot. Thanks for making Majestic your home when you are in South Beach and we can't wait to see you next time!!

Been to Majestic Hotel South Beach? Share your experiences!