“Maimi's South Beach has it all!” 4 of 5 stars

Miami
Directions
Miami, FL
Omaha
“Maimi's South Beach has it all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

After a six day cruise to Jamaica, my family and I decided to spend a couple nights in Miami's South Beach. This was a great decision on our end because it turned out to be more memorable than the cruise itself.

We decided to stay at the Courtyard Miami Beach Oceanfront. The hotel on 38th and Collins provided us with a fairly short walk to all the fine dining and entertainment that the art deco district has to offer. Most of our walks were down the wooden boardwalk and sidewalk along the ocean's beach. This is a great walkway that is also lit up for nightly strolls for people who'd rather not walk on the narrow sidewalks.

If you're looking for some great people watching, buying some "affordable" merchandise, or grabbing a bite to eat check out the Lincoln Road out door mall. During the noon time on weekends you can find plenty of independent sellers with antiques, fresh fruits/vegetables, and so on. It's also a fun place to be at night with all of the street performers.

If you're looking for some great Italian food check out Espanola Way. This is a nice place to sit out and eat on a beautiful night (did I mention the weather here is absolutely wonderful in October?). Don't forget to bring your camera for the infamous art deco neon signs on Ocean Drive, the early morning sunrises, and the sunsets from South Pointe Park.

I'm ready to go back as soon as I get more vacation time. Miami is quite large and it's difficult to see what the entire city has to offer in just a few days. Next time we'll probably spend a few days near the ship port/downtown area.

NYC
“my favorite place in Florida.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Visited Miami beach last December to attend Art Basel and plan to retun this year as well. Love the Aart Deco scene, the beach, the shopping. A fun place to be.

New York
“Great beach and nightlife!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

I was in Miami during the month of December, and the weather in Miami was beautiful. The beach is fun and there's fun shopping, boardwalk, and nightlife! If your into the club scene, Miami is definitely the place!

Panama City Beach, FL
“My Favorite Places in Coconut Grove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Coconut Grove has so much history and amazing architecture. the Plymouth Congregational Church located right off of main street has to be one of my favorites. Also the multiple parks, like chirstmas tree park, which allows visitors to play in the ficus trees that grow their roots from top to bottom. the area is beautiful and downtown coconut grove is great. Greenstreet is the place to eat, a Moose Juice at Moes is the place to drink, and kiwi is the place for desserts.

MO
“my favorite place to play vball”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

South Beach Miami is the best place for active people. the boardwalk makes it ideal for roller skaters, joggers, walkers, etc. the sand volleyball courts are always in session and if you are avid players of volleyball like my husband and me, you can base your whole vacation around it.

Been to Miami? Share your experiences!