“wonderful airboat tours” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 234 Activities in Miami
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Our professional airboat guides will take you on a personalized, educational airboat tour covering approximately 9 miles of this unique environment. We first go into the vast open saw grass where you will see why the Everglades are called the "River of Grass"! You will travel by Airboat through a Hardwood Hammock (a small island of solid ground in the "river of grass"), into the Everglades National Park stopping at alligator holes and seeing the abundance of 'glades wildlife. See the Purple Gallanule voted the most colorful bird in Florida and the endangered Everglade Snail Kite as well as herons, grackles, turtles, raccoons and other Everglades residents! The Everglades are a truly unique and vibrant environment which you can only experience first hand! Unless you brought your hip waders, a private airboat tour is the best way to see it! (And much drier, too!) After this fascinating and educational airboat tour, relax and enjoy a taste of 'Down Home' cooking, Everglades-style. The Coopertown Restaurant offers such delicacies as frog legs, 'gator tail, catfish and more! All served in a friendly country manner that is distinctly "Floridian". "Belly up" to the bar and meet the folks of Coopertown! Learn some of the fascinating history of the area, and check out the guest book to see who else has passed through and enjoyed a ride on a Coopertown Airboat! Take a closer look at these fascinating creatures in our Alligator Exhibit! What a cute little guy! Popular enough to have a college mascot named for it! A ride on an airboat is the best way to Check out the rest of the gator population in Coopertown
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
11 attraction reviews
“wonderful airboat tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Lovely, knowledgeable airboat ride in the glades; the guy knew so much about the everglades. He was able to call the gators out and it was such a marvelous place to experience.

Lochgelly, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Airboat thrills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We visited here on a lovely morning and the attraction was quite busy. There is a small area with young alligators which are not able to survive in the open. We were taken out in to the Everglades on the airboat and the area was quite fascinating. There was a fair amount of bird life and then we came to an area where the alligators tended to stay. The guide/boatman was, needless to say, very knowledgable about the flora and fauna and pointed out many interesting features.
We felt it was a reasonably prices attraction as we were on the water for about an hour.
There was also a small shop adjoining where drinks and snacks were available.

Visited October 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The ride was nothing special. Saw a few gators, but you can see more on the Shark Valley tram ride.

Our real problem was the "displays" of gators, snakes, etc., which were in small dirty, poorly maintained enclosures

interior bc
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We unfortunately forget our guides name but he was very informative. We paid $ 200.00 for a private two hour tour and it was so worth this once in a life time trip. Our guide loves what he does so much and this being his back yard he has his own airboat he plays in when not a work. Anyway we were very entertained, saw so many alligators, Tammy, Damian and Romeo to name a few. Our guide stopped the boat a distance from Tammy and called her and damned if she didn't come to the boat, took some great up close photos. The birds are insane, so many different species, all in all fantastic experience!

Miami, Florida
“A must do atleast once wheather you are visiting or just plain live in Miami.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The Entrance:
From the moment I walked in I felt very welcome by the young lady at the desk she explain that the next tour would not be for atleat 10 mins from the time I arrived she also mentioned if I needed to use the restroom there was one inside the restaurant as well as some beverages. She then allowed us to go on in as we waited for the next tour so that we may see the animals wich they kept.
My Airboat Experience:
My tour guide name was Rob.
He was outgoing, and funny guide. Once he stopped to speak about the Everglades, you could see that he was very knowledgeable about what he was saying, as he was mentioning that the native Indians used to eat certain plants that grew and how they used others as medicine, also how hammocks would form above the water and even what hammocks really means to the natives. I would have to say that my favorite part was at the very end when he made certain that we each of usus got a picture to take home with a small gator.
The Restaurant:
I have never ate gator before but I have been told that it does taste like chicken so as I saw the sign I decided to try some before we left. Well from the momment i walked in I loved that i was able to have a seat and not have to wait so long to be served, also how friendly the waitress was. Well I have to say gator does taste like chicken as even my picky five year old could not have told the difference. A must have before leaving this small place
Changes:
If I had the opportunity to experience it again I would not change a thing as all the staff seemed to be perfetly polite and friendly.

Visited November 2013

Been to Coopertown Airboats? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Coopertown Airboats, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.