“What an adventure!” 5 of 5 stars

22700 S.W. 8th Street, Miami, FL 33194
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Our professional airboat guides will take you on a personalized, educational airboat tour covering approximately 9 miles of this unique environment. We first go into the vast open saw grass where you will see why the Everglades are called the "River of Grass"! You will travel by Airboat through a Hardwood Hammock (a small island of solid ground in the "river of grass"), into the Everglades National Park stopping at alligator holes and seeing the abundance of 'glades wildlife. See the Purple Gallanule voted the most colorful bird in Florida and the endangered Everglade Snail Kite as well as herons, grackles, turtles, raccoons and other Everglades residents! The Everglades are a truly unique and vibrant environment which you can only experience first hand! Unless you brought your hip waders, a private airboat tour is the best way to see it! (And much drier, too!) After this fascinating and educational airboat tour, relax and enjoy a taste of 'Down Home' cooking, Everglades-style. The Coopertown Restaurant offers such delicacies as frog legs, 'gator tail, catfish and more! All served in a friendly country manner that is distinctly "Floridian". "Belly up" to the bar and meet the folks of Coopertown! Learn some of the fascinating history of the area, and check out the guest book to see who else has passed through and enjoyed a ride on a Coopertown Airboat! Take a closer look at these fascinating creatures in our Alligator Exhibit! What a cute little guy! Popular enough to have a college mascot named for it! A ride on an airboat is the best way to Check out the rest of the gator population in Coopertown
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What an adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Decided to revisit Coopertown after many years, and it was even better than I remembered! Although it was a bit rainy, our guide Mike, was very informative and professional. I'm not sure I can ever drink tap water (alligator pee?) ever again, but we enjoyed the ride through the sawgrass. We had great photo ops with everything from several interesting birds to at least five different alligators! Coopertown is definitely worth the drive, rain or shine. My family will recommend them to anyone looking for an Everglades adventure!

1 Thank Jstar1266

Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Best trip in Miami. A bite of nature. So friendly and very good Price. THIS IS A MUST. We made a stay in Homestead just for this. Loved it.

Vaasa, Finland
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“These guys know what they are doing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were in Miami and looking into an airboat tour at the Everglades. I made some calls to compare prices and quickly realized that these guys seem to have the best price for a tour. We drove down there ourselves, bought tickets and were told to wait for 15 min until the next tour. During the wait we were shown snakes and alligators while a very knowledgeable guy told us about the animals in question. The ride itself was fun, the Everglades itself were somehow different from what i had imagined and seeing different types of birds as well as wild alligators was of course very cool. Our guide was a bit of a comedian, but he knew his thing so it didn't bother me one bit. The ride was a good length, as the airboats are rather loud I wouldn't really want to sit in one for 2 hours or so. Afterwards we got to hold a baby alligator, which was a nice touch as well. The fact that these guys have been around since 1945 should tell you something about the business.

Marco Island, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Complete washout”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We drove from Marco Island as we'd been told Coopertown were the best. It was raining when we boarded the boat but our guide assured us it was just a 5 minute shower. Funny then that he chose to wear full waterproofs!! The downpour worsened. Half way through the tour our guide confessed that alligators don't like rain and tend to stay under the water! Then he declared the weather to be refreshing. Hmmm, let me think about that................ I'm freezing cold, my hair is soaking wet and plastered to my scalp, my clothes are now wringing wet and I'm sitting in a puddle of rain water. When the boat travels at speed I have to close my eyes as the driving rain stings my eyes. Do I feel refreshed? - NO, I DON'T!! We saw a total of 1 alligator during the tour. We'd spotted more from our car during the journey to get there!! Oh, and as the ride was concluding, our guide advised in all seriousness that he would like tipping!! So here's your tip - if it looks at all like rain, don't bother going to Coopertown.

1 Thank cold_and_wet_13
Alexandria, VA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Lots of fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Rick gave us a real fun and informative ride. We really enjoyed the ride, the scenery and the wildlife. Oh yeah, and especially the Everglades. The cost was very reasonable for the length of the ride. You'd have to spend a lot more and drive a longer distance to beat this experience. Everyone was friendly, informative and enjoyed their work. That made our experience even better.