“Home style Italy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Soya & Pomodoro

Soya & Pomodoro
120 NE 1st St, Miami, FL 33132-2502 (Downtown)
305-381-9511
Neighborhood: Downtown
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Home style Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This little restaurant is tucked away in a building that crumbles around it but is steeped in history and deserves a really good look at before you start on the wine! I loved the washing line strung across the ceiling, the whole atmosphere is like street theatre with mismatched chairs and tables all adding to the home style ambience. The owner is warm, friendly and cooks with flair and passion. Everything is fresh, tasty and delicious. Well worth finding this little gem!

Visited March 2013

Houston
“A touch of Italy in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My friend who lives in Miami took me to this place just around the corner from her Condo. It was fantastic. Eclectic setting with a mix of old Italy & art deco. Food was wonderful; house green salad w/ shaved Parmesan curls & a light tasty dressing. I followed w/ a pasta of fresh clams & orriechette; nicely seasoned & cooked to perfection. Service was gracious & the wine by the glass good & reasonably priced. It I lived in Miami, I would probably dine here once a week. Definitely on my "to go" list when I return.

• Visited February 2013
Miami, FL
“Absolute Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

No only is the atmosphere fantastic, the service superb, the food is AMAZING!
The eggplant appetizer...superb. the salads all amazing as are the cheese plates. Once you get to the main course, the home made pastas are to die for. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2012
St. George's, Grenada
“my every time stop in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

It is like coming home. I come to this great place since about 4 years on every trip to Miami. The all know me by now.They know what I want to drink and my preferred food. the food, - is delicious.
It is like sitting in Italy, noisy, comfortable, enjoyable good. It you like Italy life style. You must go.

• Visited December 2012
Tamarac, Florida
“Amazing place in Downtown Miami. Do not miss it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

One of our friends invited us for a Saturday get together at Soya&Pomodoro. She assured we’d love the place and she was not wrong at all. We arrived around 830 or 845, the place was dim lit and they had some super cool music playing. 9 pm live music was promised on line, so we were expectant. As we walked in, the smell or roasted peppers coming out of the kitchen was just captivating. The place is sandwiched between two buildings, seems like it was a hall way or something, not sure but it gives you the old world feel that many time South Florida lacks. The décor was cool, unpretentious mix of everything. We spent a good three and a half hours there and could have spent three more hours… The live music was super cool… They charge $4 for the band to your check, I had understood reading on the place’s web site it’d be $4 per person but it was $4 per table, as tip for the musician, which I think is not bad at all… And plus, the guy playing the guitar was super! So, no complaints at all!!
The food was very, very good. We had an appetizer special (burrata) that was very, very good… Their ciabatta bread was one of the best we have tasted in South Fla (if you live in Fort Lauderadle, try Las Olas “Gran Forno” bakery… Theirs is really, really good. At $5 a large loaf is worth the trip!!! But back to Soya+Pomodoro!!). My wife ordered from the “secondi piatti” menu their “sfoglia di melezne” (ok, I must sound super snob, but hey! I am happy now knowing this place) which was amazing!!! Our friend and I ordered their night special which was also an eggplant dish, only this was their home made raviolis which were also very good, a little al dente for my taste but not off putting at all! We had their pinot grigio at the table and then some glasses while chilling in one of their couches…. All was amazing! I am sure that you will love this place. It is a true bohemian, not stuck up, super friendly place that we will keep on visiting.

• Visited October 2012