“Great food, bad service” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Antigua Guatemala Cafeteria
2741 W Flagler St, Miami, FL 33135-1334 (Little Havana)
305-643-0304
Improve this listing
Ranked #652 of 3,614 restaurants in Miami
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Miami, Florida
“Great food, bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

I have gone often to this restaurant because the food is so delicious. I always get the carne adobada. The food is amaing always fresh and very tasty. But the service really needs improvement. Most of the time i have gone the waitresses say hello like they wish i hadnt come and take my order bring my soda and dont come back to see if i need refils, until i waive them down. Then they bring the food and do the se. They dont check up on you. The only time i got superb service was a night that they had a lot of customers and a manager i forgot his name (he has glasses) was very nice. Another thing that cheapens the atmoshere is that they allowe people to walk in and sell pirated movies, flowers, pirated cds, and mariachies offering their services. So you have to keep saying no thanks while eating.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
“Best kept secret”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place is one of Miami's best kept secrets. Excellent Latin food for all tastes and at VERY reasonable prices. Plus, trust me when I tell you that you get so much food you'll have leftovers for the following day. I must also mention that service is excellent. My family and I go at least once a week and we have felt like family since day 1.

Keep in mind if going that weekends are really busy. The wait time is never long (5 min. or less), but if you prefer quiet meals, visit during the week.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Hidden Local Gem: Delicious food at affordable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I discovered this little Guatemalan gem in the middle of Little Havana a few months ago. We would pass in front of it often, and always see that it was packed. Until one day we decided to give it a try and we've been back several times afterwards, last time being last night.

The food is abundant and delicious. We both enjoy starting our meal with their "pupusas" as appetizers. (Pupusas are a Salvadorean stuffed patty, similar to two mexican tortillas but thicker, filled with your choice of cheese, beans, pork, or a mix of the three). For main course, I usually order the same dish and I love that it is consistently amazing: It is "Camarones al Ajillo" (Shrimp on Garlic Sauce)...The shrimps are fresh and they serve more than 4 of them! My husband is very adventurous and has never been dissapointed. He particularly loves their steaks ("Carne Asada").

We prefer going at night during the week. On weekends it can be a bit busy for our taste. Also, sometimes they have a mariachi band singing table-side for tips, which can be enjoyable, but not suitable for everyone. (We really prefer just enjoying our meal and talking to each other!).

Prices are very reasonable and service is prompt and kind. The place is nothing fancy but it is clean and very family-friendly. We love it and consider it our new "neighborhood" cafeteria.

• Visited October 2011