“Excellent Classic Spot in Brickell Avenue” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Truluck's Restaurant

Truluck's Restaurant
777 Brickell Avenue, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)
+1 305-579-0035
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 3,415 Restaurants in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Brickell and SE 8th St
Barcelona, Spain
“Excellent Classic Spot in Brickell Avenue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Being a vegetarian it sounds crazy going to a place like this, but I went anyway and enjoyed a lot the food I could eat.

I ordered the warm goat cheese as appetizer, that came with crispy fried slices of bread and sun-dryed tomatoes, followed by the vegetarian falafel as main course. Both dishes were simple (in the good way) but effectively presented, and they tasted really good.

I finished the dinner with an organic green tea and the coconut cream pie, that comes as big as in the samples they bring for the costumer to choose! Frustrated beforehand because it was delicious and I knew that I couldn't eat it all, I asked the really nice waitress that served me that evening if there was the possibility to take it home, she did it in a blink of an eye and I left Truluck`s with a fancy black bag that contained the remainders of my pie.

Most of the time we enjoyed an alive band, extremely professional and with the right amount of pop, jazz and classics to make everyone happy.

A really enjoyable experience that I recommend and that I would repeat more often if they'd have more vegetarian dishes!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami Beach, Florida
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Love going here when I'm in Brickell. The bar has a great atmosphere and George the bartender is awesome. Drinks are perfect and fast considering how busy this place fills up. I love the piano and lounge singer. It really gives it a nice touch of class. You don't get that anymore in Miami without some DJ blaring music so loud that you can't even hear the person next to you. The food is great and if you get in with happy hour even better.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm Coast, Florida
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The maitre'd was extremely and the Chilean sea bass was out of this world. They restaurant even treated me to a surprise birthday "chocolate lava" dessert.

Very active bar and just a touch noisy.

Visited September 2012
Miami Lakes, Florida
“An enjoyable experience with large group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Loved our Miami Spice Outing! Went out with a group of friends and we had a blast. Their house Cabernet wine rocked! If not mistaken, they serve every glass slightly chilled which is how I love it. Trout was tasty and the carrot cake to die for!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Exquisite Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I dined at Truluck's on Brickell Ave on September 7th, 2012 to celebrate my Sister's birthday and it was a fabulous experience. The food, ambiance, our server (Shawn), and the live band was exquisite. We will definitely go back and I highly recommend this establishment. Thx Shawn for making our experience at Truluck's enjoyable and delightful. I'm still thinking about how great the food tasted two days later, from my lobster tails, lump crab cakes, garlic potatoes, roasted chicken and the butter cake with butter pecan ice cream for desert was absolutely delish, yum, yum, yum!!! My Sister was also served a complimentary chocolate cake with hot fudge, warm cherries and vanilla ice cream for her birthday and it tasted Devine....

• Visited September 2012