“Good and Low Key” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Chandler, Arizona
“Good and Low Key”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended by the Concierge at our hotel. It is a no frills restaurant located on a very busy street but the ambiance inside is nice and laid back. If you're looking for a view and a dressier place, this isn't for you. There were 6 in our party and we all ordered different things. Great tropical drink selection too and bucket of beer was extremely inexpensive! Portions are large!! Some of our party ordered oysters and said they were the best they had ever had! The seafood pasta was also amazing. My only complaint was the grouper. It was horribly fishy! Others in my party also tasted and said it was terrible. Disappointing because it was $30 and we don't get grouper in Arizona so that is all I order when I go to Florida. I informed the waitress who sort of shrugged it off and didn't remove it from our bill. If ever in Florida again I would go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Miami
“Excellent fresh seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant directly in front of the Marriott Miami International you get service with a smile from start to finish. The food is served hot and fresh and they have the best ceviche and shrimp cocktail in Miami. There is an option to sit on the porch if you dont have a problem dealing with noise you can go inside highly recommended

Visited July 2013
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
“Good seafood choice, but lots of noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were staying the airport hotel area of Miami with very few choices of restaurants, but we found Catch of the Day nearby. We sat outside where there was lots of noise from the highway next to it. It was also a bit cramped with small tables set close to one another. But despite this, the food was good, with lots of seafood choices (many of them pricey). I chose shrimp and linguini. My wife chose Colombian red snapper and was a bit disappointed to find she got the whole fish and not a filet. We wish the menu or waiter would have informed us. Our waiter was, however, very attentive and gave us excellent service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MIDDLEFIELD
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Food to die for. Great locTion near Miami airport. Wonderful paella. Great deals on beers like 5 for 10 dollars. Great specials and good service

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“This place should be painted in gold....Fools gold!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I went in to the Catch of the day little did I know I was going to be the one who was fish hooked. I seen the AYCE crab leg sign and decided to to go in and try it, I didn't need a menu since I knew what I wanted. The food was edible, the ambiance was horrible and the price was shocking!!! I had a couple servings of crab legs and then asked for my bill, upon receiving my tab I noticed that the price of the AYCE crab legs $72.99!!!!!! That is not even close to market price for crab legs in the middle of the country, on top of that the place likes to try and be "nice" by already adding gratuity to your tab in addition to the outrageous pricing. This place is overpriced and under performs in every aspect of the business. I will never waste another dime there and I will be sure to warn anyone and everyone who will listen. This was just for one person since I was dining alone!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Catch of the Day? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Catch of the Day, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.