“The most comfortable, yet elegant hotel I have experienced in quite some time.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Special Offer
Fun in the Sun
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Kendal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

The quiet comfortable surroundings of this elegant hotel had all the amenities I desired and more. From the moment I drove to the front of the hotel through my entire stay all the service personel were attentive, warm and inviting. The front desk staff were concerned that all my needs would be met and anything they could do to insure my stay was memorable one would be insured. Once I was inside my room I was pleasantly surprised with its elegant decor and the bucolic view of the boats on the water and lush green plantings around the property. The luxurious bedding and the superior quality of the towels were appreciated and kitchen area was supplied with all one could possibily want. The hotel was in a perfect location with restaurants and shopping in close proximity. The most outstanding memory was the clean, comfortable room followed closely by the staff, especially the general manager. This hotel is definitely a hidden jewel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

This boutique hotel was just what I needed to provide my client with a relaxing yet top-notch stay in Miami. It's in the heart of Coconut Grove and within many interesting locales, so my client had a wonderful time in Miami. The room I was in was a suite with a full kitchen. Everything is updated with a modern edge, which I like. The staff was professional, and saw to it that my client received excellent treatment throughout her stay. I will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a family wedding. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of this establishment. The rooms are spacious and more luxurious than anything in this price range in South beach. The bed/pillows were clean and comfortable. We loved having a kitchenette. We ordered and enjoyed the food by the pool twice. The pool area was very relaxing and tranquil. We were always able to find chairs near the pool. We were traveling with our 2 year old daughter and felt that the pool area was just the right size...There were about 4-5 steps leading to a 3ft section of the pool. There was also a small waterfall and a hot tub= well designed. The hotel gym has a steam room and sauna. This hotel is right across from the marina and around the corner from the Coconut Grove shopping area and eateries. We ate at Jaguar one night (while my parents watched the baby)= excellent people watching spot and great ceviche. Lots of bars and night life nearby... book store with funky architecture. Historic buildings in the area. Also a short walk/drive away - every Saturday = Glaser Farmers market for organic produce/ raw/ specialty items- fresh non-dairy icecream- yummy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

My ID, insurance, and other important items were in a leather slip in my wallet, which somehow fell out on on Thursday night. I spent all of Friday calling every single place I had been and re-walking my steps. After talking to the security at the Mutiny on Friday to no avail, somehow on Saturday they found it for me. Literally would have ruined my month but they worked hard and found my ID for me. I don't know what I would have done with out them! The rest of the staff at the Mutiny were tremendously helpful also I couldn't imagine a better group of people ever.

• Stayed October 2010
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

The best part about staying at the Mutiny hotel is the location. Not only do you have a great view of the water from the hotel but many stores & restaurants are in waliking distance and the atmosphere is great.

The hospitaility that was demonstrated by the hotel employees was excellent!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed at The Mutiny Hotel on the Bay for the first time after cancelling reservations at another hotel in Coconut Grove. We absolutely loved the hotel and everything about it from the tropical pool, alcove bar, view and the luxuious suite. The suite was beautifully decorated with every amenity and a capitivating view of Sailboat Bay. I spent every morning, sipping coffee and watching the sun rise over the sailboats. I have never felt so relaxed. As wonderful as the accommodations were, the staff was even more so. The valet, desk clerk, concierge and bellman all called me by name whenever I came through the lobby or needed their service. We have never felt more taken care of and welcomed. This was a girls retreat and we will be coming back again and again. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I have stayed at the Mutiny twice in the last two months and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The location in the heart of Coconut Grove was perfect for driving anywhere in Miami. You can walk to restaurants, shops, parks and a gourmet supermarket is a short ride away.

The Mutiny has an “old world” atmosphere and if you're looking for a comfortable and quiet place then the Mutiny is worth considering. It's so convenient to have a well-equipped kitchen and laundry in the room and while there is no premium cable service the price was just right. The fitness and business centers are modest but well equipped.

Maintenance personnel were quick to respond to calls and staff was very courteous and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!