“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Special Offer
Save up to 37% off!
Ranked #17 of 111 Hotels in Miami
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed with our two children who really made the most of the lovely pool area and helped us have a memorable holiday.
The gym is useful and I even managed to frequent it a few times , it also has an easy to use sauna and steam room.
Its in an excellent location with plenty of really good restaurants in easy walking distance.
The service and staff are very helpful and friendly this was borne out just after checking in as my Wife wasn't happy with our initial room and the front desk was very helpful in helping us get a lighter room with a balcony ,which was a pre requisite from our 9 year old daughter!
Only complaint would be the hefty valet parking charge which you can half with nearby public parking.
However all in all we had a great time there and I would thoroughly recommend it as a quality place to stay in Miami.

Room Tip: View or pool views much preferred I think here.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I recently stayed at The Mutiny Hotel for 5 nights in a two-bedroom condo on the 9th floor. Very Spacious accommodations and had a great view of bay and Marina across the street. The hotel was impeccably maintained. The pool and hot tub area was so relaxing with lush tropical gardens and water fall - made laying by the pool a vacation by itself. The wait staff from Atchana Restaurant waited on us poolside and were always smiling - food was delicious and amazing cocktails, especially the frozen pina' colada. :) From the moment we arrived the very friendly hotel staff went above and beyond to make sure our every need was taken care of. They all worked together and were very organized and professional - they were fantastic! Great location to shopping and restaurants. Had a fabulous stay at this hotel in beautiful Coconut Grove and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have visited the Mutiny Hotel several times. We love staying there. We feel like we are at a luxury condo residence. The service is incredible & the amenities make us want to move in & never go home. We are a family of 3 and our son loves the pool, my husband the gym & of course I love the jacuzzi. The location is perfect. We can walk to the heart of coconut grove & a beautiful park & marina across the street. Its very easy to access off of the main highways as well. I highly recommend the Mutiny hotel to all of my friends & family. We love the staff, especially Karel the front desk manager. He always remembers us by name & this last visit we even had a welcome back basket waiting in our room. He goes above & beyond for us everytime. Thank you Mutiny Hotel. See you soon!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We obtained a great rate at the Mutiny for 30 family members to stay for a long weekend for our daughter's senior recital from the University of Miami. The staff were great, the pool lovely, and the suites, although not new, were lovely and spacious, and the location was perfect near the water and Coconut Grove. We all had a wonderful time, and highly recommend it! My one and only recommendation would be to make the "pool dining" menu a little more family/kid friendly, and more creative. The salads and spring rolls were bland, but the buffalo wings get a big thumbs up!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms with a water view are the best. Request to not be near the parking garage, where the...
Miami Shores, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a stay-cation at this Coconut Grove classic. Older locals love to tell stories about this hotel and it wild "Miami Vice" pedigree, but these days it is an all suite, completely renovated, family friendly beauty! Stylish, sort of European, and jammed with Coconut Grove Art Fair treasures. Beautiful pool.

jamaica plain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Mutiny was the hotel recommended to us as a place to stay while we were in Miami for a wedding. The positives: very helpful staff, very convenient to restaurants, close to the airport, and nice to have a suite instead of a cramped hotel room. Also, a very nice pool area. The negatives: the bathroom could have been cleaner, the shower needed updating, and the sink faucets did not operate correctly. We had a discounted wedding rate room so I can't complain about the price. However, I do resent being charged for the parking. I suppose this is the norm at Miami hotels. Overall. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Bloomingburg, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the moment I arrived, everyone who worked there was extremely helpful and very nice !! That extended through my entire stay. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and the pool area looks like a tropical rain forest. We spent a lot of time there. The hotel is very clean. The room was nice. It has a small kitchen. Only complaint was that the ice maker didn't work. We had a balcony view of the bay, spent the nights sitting out there enjoying the view. The bathroom could use an upgrade. Short walk to the Coco Walk, which has a bunch of shops. My only complaint about the hotel is that it is a little on the pricy side, and there was some hidden charges I was not aware of when I booked the hotel. I didn't know there was only valet parking which was nice to have, but I was told by valet it was $25.00 per night. When I asked the front desk they gave it to me for $16.00. Still it adds up when staying for a week. Then I found out later they were charging my credit card $50.00 a day just in case I used room service or the restaurant and charged it to my room. The restaurant, good food but WAY TO OVERPRICED!! The first night we went to the restaurant, because we were tired from the flight and didn't feel like driving around looking for a store. We ordered 1 appetizer and 2 meals came to over $70.00. One day we were by the pool, I ordered 1 cheeseburger no drink .... The burger was $19.00 and change !! I didn't see it, but on the menu it says they add 18% gratuity, because I didn't see it, I wound up giving an extra 20% tip to the waiter. I later read that they charge $9.95 to use their Wi-Fi, so I never used it, because I didn't want to pay any more extra money. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!