“Poor understanding of customer service.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Special Offer
Fun in the Sun
Ranked #29 of 122 Hotels in Miami
George Town, Grand Cayman
“Poor understanding of customer service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First, and most important: they do not guarantee a particular room / bed configuration. I booked and needed a two bedroom with 2 beds in the second room for two teenagers. I got 1 bed in the second room and a lot of attitude when I called to change the room. And, although they had an empty room w/ 2 beds in the hotel the first night (I would have to move the second night), they would not give it to me because it was already cleaned and they did not want to let anyone use it and then clean it after only one night.
Look at Hilton.com or any other proper hotel website, and the first and most prominent thing is how many beds you are booking.
2nd: they charge for parking and for internet. Internet should be included. Also, internet is very slow and unreliable. They offer "boosters" when you ask them about the poor reception, but these do nothing.
3rd: In miami, lots of international customers get Amazon parcels delivered to the hotel, and I had about 10. There seems to be no system for keeping track of these packages, and it took them almost my entire stay for them to find them all.
4th: every morning 8am sharp: leaf blowers.
Overall: good location, nice to have suites with bedrooms (rare in miami) and nice rooms.
But I would not stay there again due to the problems above.

Room Tip: try to call and confirm room/beds you are getting a couple of days and the day before you arrive.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great hotel with all amenities you may need. Friendly staff and valet. Beautiful pool and spa area with waterfall and places to sit and eat or just sip on a complementary cocktail from the hotel during your stay. Near many restaurant and entertainment in Coconut Grove.

Room Tip: Do not get a room with a shower only. Also get the pool view as you will also get the marina view a...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The area where this hotel is located is great. Was not expecting it to be so pleasing. I really like this hotel it self. It did not feel like I was just another guest, the front desk staff was very welcoming and it made a impact in my entire stay. The room was great and the view is great if you're in the high floors. I will return if I ever travel to Miami again.

• Stayed January 2015
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I was attending a wedding and this was the hotel they recommended. The location of this hotel is perfect for the area. Everyone I had dealings with were very kind and professional. But..... when it comes to the rooms, they are very dated. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have every slept in. Now knowing that the units are privately owned I understand why the owners wouldn't want to put higher quality item in it. The bathroom was not user friendly for dressing, hair, make-up. This hotel would be good if you need a good Coconut Groves location and don't plan on being in the room.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We were very disappointed with this hotel. Soulless! Had a very shabby and dirty bathroom. Very uncomfortable bed. When we arrived reception was so busy with only one person on duty he couldn't give us any attention frantically answering phones and dealing with queries.The only thing that was good was the concierge.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Karel P, Front Office Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Andy R,

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the nature of what you described. This is unacceptable and certainly not how we earned our reputation for consistently delivering outstanding service and accommodations.

This was an isolated incident and I have personally addressed these shortcoming with the appropriate staff members so that we can avoid a future re-occurrence of this nature.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize again and in an effort to regain your trust in The Mutiny Hotel I would welcome the opportunity to personally handle your reservations if you plan to return to Coconut Grove in the future.

Warmest Wishes,
Karel P
kperez@mutinyhotel.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

Can't wait to come back to Miami. I had agreat time with my family over the weekend in this area. We had a wedding to attend and it was amazing. The hotel was only minutes away from the location. We had stayed for 3 nights and it really was a great choice. The front desk staff was always welcoming. And the rooms are so big. I didn't know it would be a full size apartment when I booked with them. If I ever return to Miami. I would return here.

• Stayed January 2015
Dear harger45,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Mutiny Hotel and taking the time to write a review of your experience.

I appreciate your kind words regarding your most recent stay at The Mutiny Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us again.

I will personally share your comments with my front desk team so that we may celebrate another satisfied guest.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel for any assistance regarding your most recent stay or for a future reservation. Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Mutiny Hotel in the near future.

See you next time,
Karel P.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were very please with this boutique hotel. Have stayed at many places in the Grove and Miami and The Mutiny is one we will come back to.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating and made our stay even better from the moment we arrived to the sad moment we left. The location was great - in the heart of the Grove and we walked everyplace. The room was clean and fresh.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear JuliaBHM,

I appreciate your kind words regarding your most recent stay at The Mutiny Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that the hotel in general was so accommodating during your stay.

See you next time,
Karel P.

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!