“Another fun time at the Mutiny but watch out for renovation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Special Offer
Save up to 37% off!
Ranked #17 of 111 Hotels in Miami
drwendy
“Another fun time at the Mutiny but watch out for renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We love the Mutiny and regularly stay there as medical travel brings us to Miami often. Everyone is so kind and the rooms are always clean. For the price of a single room somewhere else you get a small condo with a full kitchen here, steps away from shopping and dining and the waterfront. The only issue was renovation this time. While I appreciate the effort to improve the rooms, jackhammering at 9 AM in the room next door is not a good way to recover from surgery. The management did their best to keep the noise to a minimum.

The wifi is slow and unreliable at best. It was down most of the time we were there. And there is no 3G on the south side, so communication with the outside world was dicey. If you think you're going to bring your laptop and get some work done, consider an alternate plan.

We will stay here again.

Room Tip: North side gets morning sun, south side afternoon. Higher and toward the front is the best view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear DrWendy,

Thank you for choosing to stay recently at The Mutiny Hotel and taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience.

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel location and amenities. It is a pleasure to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience. I will personally share your comments with the team and celebrate another satisfied guest.

Also, our WIFI and Cable service is in the process of a complete overhaul. We appreciate your patience and we look forward to provideing a stellar experience when you return.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance and I look forward to your return to the Mutiny Hotel in the near future.

Cliff Baldwin
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed at The Mutiny early May. The front desk staff was terrific. Friendly, helpful all weekend long. Housekeeping was thorough as well. All the people we came in contact with at the hotel were wonderful. There's so much to do right in the neighborhood around the hotel: walkable, shops, pubs, restaurants, etc. There are limitless things to do in the area or within a short convenient drive: beaches, pro sports, markets, restaurants/pubs. I've told quite a few people about The Mutiny already. And I will certainly refer others to try it. Very nice hotel. Terrific staff. Great location.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear NM4PAR,

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel location and amenities. It is a pleasure to hear that all of our staff that you encountered exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience. I will personally share your comments with the team and celebrate another satisfied guest.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The Mutiny Hotel provides rooms that are nothing short of 1BR/2BR apartments, with full kitchens with dining area, living room area, bedroom(s) and balcony, complete even with washer & dryer. These are perfect for short or long stays, and the location is perfectly located near park right on the bay in Coconut Grove. There are plenty of nice restaurants within walking distance, cozy bar at the hotel with nice outdoor pool, with coy-fish ponds. The staff was friendly and courteous.

Note that if you have a rental car, there is a fee per day and only valet parking available. Taking a taxi from airport to here is quick, and would recommend taxi and walking the Grove rather than keeping rental car there for several days.

Room Tip: The 1BR rooms face the Mutiny's pool/partial-ocean-view on one side of building, and partial oce...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear MarkS,

Long Branch, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

All in all, my stay at the hotel on April 27th was not that bad until check out. I was billed more for my room than my reservation stated. The two people at the front desk refused to honor the rate (I did not have my reservation printed and in front of me), nor would they look up the reservation. It took a phone call a day later to obtain the adjustment. Watch your bill when you check out.

Room Tip: The upper floors have a much better view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear MrsM,

Thank you for choosing to stay recently at The Mutiny Hotel and taking the time to write a review of your experience.

I am saddened to hear of the uncommon experience during check-out after your stay. I have personally addressed the issue with our Front Office Manager so that during your next stay you will not have the same experience.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed at the mutiny for a work trip and it was great . Rooms were spacious and very clean. Location is very convenient to shops and restutaunts. Pool area and restutaunt was nice too . Overall if I needed to be in the grove area did stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Mnstats,

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel location and amenities. I will personally share your comments with the team and celebrate another satisfied guest.

Regina, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I chose The Mutiny for a 2 night stay in Miami before leaving on a cruise. Booking two months in advance & requesting a 2 room suite to accommodate my wife along with my step son & daughter, I also asked for a room on higher floor with a view of the water/harbour. When we arrived, we got the 2 room suite but was on second floor and it overlooked the alley. When I inquired into my request for the higher floor with a view, I was told all of those rooms were already given to other guests. So much for requesting a particular room and paying for one night in advance!!! I can say the room was clean enough. But the holes in the wall of the master bedroom where it looked like there may have once been a headboard, the missing smoke detector in the 2nd bedroom, missing light in the main bathroom & the one light that did work, blinked on & off were all issues that led to my dissatisfaction. The front desk staff, who were always very friendly, thanked me for bringing it to their attention but they didn't do anything about it while we were there. The exterior of the hotel made the place look very attractive as did the lobby. But the room certainly wasn't as well maintained. Hopefully, after we checked out, they took steps to fix these issues in the room. We did have a great breakfast in the hotel restaurant where the portions were plentiful & the service was very good. Coconut Grove is a really nice area but there were other hotels we walked by in the area that we would likely stay at next time we're in the area. This place "was" at one time in the past (maybe the 70's), THE place to go. But it no longer would be my 1st, 2nd or ever 3rd choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear GeoffM,

I am saddened to hear of the uncommon number of shortcomings that you experienced during your stay. I have personally addressed each one of the issues listed in your review above with the applicable manager so that during your next stay you will not have the same experience.

Mansfield, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Firstly the positives - good location from which to get on all main routes around Miami. Starbucks with free wifi within 5 min walk. Lovely marina just across the road. Friendly staff, efficient valet service.
Now for the not so great - the air con in our room was super noisy. It was like having a motorbike revving throughout the night. We called maintenance and he said it was normal and all the rooms were the same. We were only there for 3 nights (otherwise we would have checked out) so decided to put up with it along with some ear plugs! I note that other reviewers found their apartment impeccably clean. I would not describe ours as such. I would say it was adequately clean, though the coffee table in the lounge was dusty and the bathroom floor had thick black hairs in the corners. They definitely did not belong to us. The fridge also could have benefited from a good clean. Wifi in rooms was $10 a day but free in reception - who wants to sit in reception in their device? Pool area was ok, spa tub closed for reason unknown. All in all I was disappointed with our stay, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for and at less than $250 per night in Miami it would appear you get this.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear superwrong,

Greg A

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!