“Thank you so "SO" Much!. I feel like home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Offers & Announcements
Savings Up To 15%
Ranked #17 of 131 hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“Thank you so "SO" Much!. I feel like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am back in Atlanta, GA. I am writing to tell you how much I enjoyed my stay at The Mutiny hotel. I have brought back rich and everlasting memories. Your staff made so many efforts to make us feel comfortable. I deeply appreciate your thoughtful gestures and truly hope that there will be an opportunity of reciprocating your hospitality. It was a very entertaining trip, no doubt and I shall forever cherish the enjoyable moments.

Thank you once again for the marvelous time At The Mutiny Hotel!.

Sincerely Yours,
Marcela

Room Tip: Any room will be mazing!.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed for a night while in Miami. We had a wonderful room#1105. The room was very nice, the bathroom had a jet whirlpool tub and a rain drop showerhead. The bathroom also had a bidet, which of course made me turn into a 5 yr old kid. I had never seen one so I am showing my husband and leaning over it pushing every button turning ever knob, until I proceeded to spray my whole entire face and hair. Very funny. The service we received from the front desk was fantastic. They made me feel so welcome. I cannot wait to return.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Palm City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here one night with my family while in Miami for a family function. Would I stay here again? Hard to say.

The positives--we had a one bedroom suite, which was spacious, clean, and provided a nice view of Sailboat Bay and Biscayne Bay. Service was friendly and competent. Check in and check out were quick and easy.

The negatives--the TV in the living area didn't work. A call to the hotel staff resulted in a promise that someone would be up right away to fix it. A half-hour went by, and no luck. Finally cancelled the repair order, as it was approaching bedtime and didn't want someone knocking at the door too late. Water pressure in the shower was surprisingly low, as the water rushed out of the bathtub faucet when you turned it on, but when you flipped the switch to the shower head, hardly any pressure at all. Finally, a typical problem at older properties (although I heard that this property was renovated, so I'm a little surprised that this wasn't addressed). I'm not Shaquille O'Neal or anything, but at 6', I was practically on eye level with the shower head, and so taking a shower wasn't the most comfortable, and angling the shower head up only made the water pressure issue worse.

Great location, nice room, good service, but the negatives suggest that looking into alternatives is probably warranted the next time we stay in Coconut Grove.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had a get away weekend April 11-13, 2014 at the Mutiny Hotel in Coconut Grove. The location of the hotel was perfect, within walking distance of all the fun things, great restaurants and general cool atmosphere that is Coconut Grove. The hotel itself was wonderful, from the friendly and helpful staff (starting with the parking valet, the attendant at the front desk, the housekeeping staff, the waiter in the restaurant on Saturday morning, the attendant at check out on Sunday morning), to the very nicely appointed one bedroom suite, great view of the bay from our 6th floor balcony. I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A group of us was put-up here as part of a business trip. The name 'mutiny' conjured up images of pirates and low sophistication. The venue, in fact, is refurbished condos or apartments (or is in the process of being converted into apartment-like rooms). The first thing I noticed was that I had less than a foot on three sides of the bed. I could not open the closet and get by the door. The HVAC unit was so loud that I could not carry on a phone conversation in ANY of the rooms. Even worse, the temperature in the room fluctuated so much that I questioned whether it was working - period. The work area is the kitchen table (barely large enough for a computer and mouse by the way) and the nearest electrical outlet was a cord-stretching several feet away. Adding insult to injury, the hotel didn't provide complementary internet access excepts in a VERY limited space in the lobby (even then it was near-dial-up speed!). Colleagues who purchased the internet reported that the paid service was equally slow -- at $15+ per night, I didn't bother. Fortunately, a Starbucks nearby sufficed. The breakfast offerings are VERY limited and service was so-so. Prior reviews about cleanliness should not be ignored - ants were everywhere!! Overall, Miami has many more preferable options. Try them first.

Room Tip: Low floors coupled with poor sound insulation means street noise in addition to HVAC cacophony.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Charlevoix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This is a very nice, clean hotel in South Miami overlooking Bayside Park and Key Biscayne. Valet parking only which is a negative in my book, but the hotel was quite nice. We had a one bedroom suite style with a full kitchen, large refrigerator, pull out sofa, and balcony that spanned the full width of the suite. We were on the North side and quite deep in the hotel but still had a view of the harbor.
Pool is nice but small and only 4'6" deep. There is also a hot tub, fitness center and sauna and steam room. We spent one day at the pool and then went down to South Beach the second day. Took about 40 minutes each way because of the traffic, theoretically we were only 22 minutes away according to Google Maps.

I would certainly stay here again if I didn't want to be on the beach. Its right in Coconut Grove so its an easy 3 minute walk to all different kinds of food and some shopping.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was the only hotel that still had room during our vacation in Florida. The troubles started at the time of the booking. I tried several times through the official site of the hotel and my credit card got declined several times, personal didn't really made an attempt to help, just said that my card was declined. I ended up booking through expedia.com without any problems with the same card. Arrival at the hotel was good, the girl at the reception was friendly. Our room was not the cleanest but it was large and spacious. Then my boyfriend noticed that the curtain blinds in the sleeping room were broken and didn't shut, which is very awkward not to mention uncomfortable in the bedroom. Called the reception, waited 30 minutes to no avail. Called reception again, they got confused and thought we were talking about the sheets. After another 15min or so someone from the hotel came to check out the blinds and concluded that they couldn't fix it and that he'll check with the reception whether we could get another room. After 5min the reception called again and said that the hotel was fully booked and we couldn't move to another room and she was going to check whether they can hang up a sheet up. Another 5min later she called back to say that there was nothing that they could do. After the last call, my patience was gone to be honest. This is a $400 room and you'd expect more customer service for a 4 star hotel. My boyfriend went downstairs and asked to talk to a manager and all of a sudden we could move to another room. The new room was not clean, the sofa had dried up food stick to it and the view was awful (construction site). But we had at least a bedroom with curtains that would close.

I'm just extremely disappointed in the customer service for a 4 star $400/night hotel. They didn't make any attempt to give a discount or try to do anything to make the stay nice, which is a shame.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!