“Fantastic Location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Special Offer
Fun in the Sun
Ranked #17 of 129 Hotels in Miami
texas
“Fantastic Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel has spectacular views of Biscayne Bay and is situated in the middle of Coconut Grove. Everything is within walking distance. Fabulous dining and enjoyable outdoor activities. It is enjoyable for everyone whether here for late night parties or a romantic getaway.

The hotel is nice. Each room has a kitchen and washer and dryer that is great for families. It is clean, but the bathrooms could use a renovation. The hotel restaurant is very slow and a bit understaffed during busy weekends, but the food is great.

All in all, we would definitely stay again for the convenience and views.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear UpsetmomTexas,

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience. I will personally share your comments with the team and celebrate another satisfied guest.

I am sorry that the restaurant did not meet your expectations in timeliness of service, but I am glad to hear that the food was excellent. I am also sorry to read that the bathroom in your unit was not up to your expectations. I am happy to report that we are starting to remodel the bathroom and I look forward to welcoming you back to experience the refreshing changes.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance and I look forward to your return to the Mutiny Hotel in the near future.

Greg A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Brooklyn, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

stayed here 2 nights and that was ok, but any longer and I would have been annoyed. I remembered why I choose not to stay in suites anymore. There was just too much room for the housekeeper to get things dust free. But some stuff was just silly. The glasses in the cabinets were right side up so dust collected inside, and half of the light switches didn't connect to anything. The living room was very dark as a result. The pool and hot tub were in need of cleaning as there were a number of leaves etc floating around the whole time we were there. I did appreciate the washer dryer which was helpful when we got caught in a soaking rain. Overall, I won't stay there again since there are so many other options in the city.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Jane_Birkin,

I am saddened to hear that you had an uncommon amount of issues within your suite. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience exploring our great Coconut Grove location.

I have personally addressed your issues with the housekeeping manager to ensure that our standard of service and amenities are not compromised.

Warmest wishes,

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We did enjoy our stay at The Mutiny, which rents out condos but is run like a hotel. The location is great if you want to explore Cocoanut Grove and Biscayne. Adjacent building construction noise was very annoying. I know The Mutiny cannot control that, but we were not even given a heads-up during booking or even upon check-in. Otherwise, it was a very friendly and helpful staff. We'd return, but only if the construction was over.

Room Tip: Get a high up room on the south side. Better views and less noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Jackmac31406,

I am sorry that the construction that is going on next door was disturbing during your stay. They are making great strides with the project and it will be completed soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had a wonderful experience. I stayed here for five nights from January to February for the Don Francisco Sabado Gigante Show and I had a wonderful stay. The staff was very attentive and professional. I have a special mention on behalf of Mayra Gil, who made my stay very pleasant and memorable. I want to thank her for her attention and service. She is a lovely person and great employee that she should be commended.
I recommend the Mutiny Hotel to everyone. It's a wonderful place to stay in.
M. Rivas

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rivas15,

Thank you for choosing to stay recently at The Mutiny Hotel and taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your experience.

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience. I will personally share your comments with Mayra.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here six nights in February for the Miami Marathon and we had a very nice stay. A couple hiccups, but staff handled our concerns very well and overall our stay was wonderful.

The area surrounding the hotel is very walkable; with plenty of options for dining and shopping close at hand. The fitness center, back pool/patio area is very nice and we felt very much at home with our own kitchen, washer and dryer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Vicmaurer,

Thank you for choosing to stay recently at The Mutiny Hotel and taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience. Also, Congratulations on completing the Miami Marathon.

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience. I will personally share your comments with our team as we strive to eliminate the hiccups that you experienced.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Everything about this marvelous place is attractive: the rooms, the fitness room, the restaurant and, especially, those who work here. They are friendly, courteous, ready to project a positive image of the Mutiny Hotel.

Special mention on behalf of Mayra Gil, who made my stay here not just pleasant but also memorable. Mayra is a lovely woman, warm, and efficient. She should be commended.

I strongly believe that employees who deal directly with the public play an extremely important role in shaping the public images of their employers. Rest assured that Mayra Gil projects the best image of Mutiny Hotel.

Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear PatriciaF,

Oswego, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here 3 nights in January. The hotel is in a nice walkable area. The room is a good size with a full kitchen and a washer and dryer (only some units have washer/dryer). Considering it was the same price as a hotel, I'd say the value is certainly there. The fitness center and pool area are nice. The staff was helpful. The room was a bit 'worn' - tub was missing some grout but was not dirty and only one speaker worked on the stereo, cabinets were worn on the bottom. This may stem from this being a condo/hotel and perhaps major things are up to the owners of the unit. Regardless, I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear MarkT,

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities and the great location in Coconut Grove. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience.

We are currently replacing the stereos in each unit with BOSE Wave Radios. At the time of your stay we had only been able to replace them in half of the units. I welcome you to return and experience the great sound technology that is in each room. We are constantly trying to improve and I will personally share your comments with our team as we strive to eliminate the hiccups that you experienced.

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!