“Comfortable, Good Value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Special Offer
Fun in the Sun
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Savannah, Georgia
“Comfortable, Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We did enjoy our stay at The Mutiny, which rents out condos but is run like a hotel. The location is great if you want to explore Cocoanut Grove and Biscayne. Adjacent building construction noise was very annoying. I know The Mutiny cannot control that, but we were not even given a heads-up during booking or even upon check-in. Otherwise, it was a very friendly and helpful staff. We'd return, but only if the construction was over.

Room Tip: Get a high up room on the south side. Better views and less noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Jackmac31406,

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience. I will personally share your comments with the team and celebrate another satisfied guest.

I am sorry that the construction that is going on next door was disturbing during your stay. They are making great strides with the project and it will be completed soon.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance and I look forward to your return to the Mutiny Hotel in the near future.

Greg A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had a wonderful experience. I stayed here for five nights from January to February for the Don Francisco Sabado Gigante Show and I had a wonderful stay. The staff was very attentive and professional. I have a special mention on behalf of Mayra Gil, who made my stay very pleasant and memorable. I want to thank her for her attention and service. She is a lovely person and great employee that she should be commended.
I recommend the Mutiny Hotel to everyone. It's a wonderful place to stay in.
M. Rivas

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Rivas15,

Thank you for choosing to stay recently at The Mutiny Hotel and taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your experience.

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience. I will personally share your comments with Mayra.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here six nights in February for the Miami Marathon and we had a very nice stay. A couple hiccups, but staff handled our concerns very well and overall our stay was wonderful.

The area surrounding the hotel is very walkable; with plenty of options for dining and shopping close at hand. The fitness center, back pool/patio area is very nice and we felt very much at home with our own kitchen, washer and dryer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Vicmaurer,

Thank you for choosing to stay recently at The Mutiny Hotel and taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience. Also, Congratulations on completing the Miami Marathon.

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience. I will personally share your comments with our team as we strive to eliminate the hiccups that you experienced.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Everything about this marvelous place is attractive: the rooms, the fitness room, the restaurant and, especially, those who work here. They are friendly, courteous, ready to project a positive image of the Mutiny Hotel.

Special mention on behalf of Mayra Gil, who made my stay here not just pleasant but also memorable. Mayra is a lovely woman, warm, and efficient. She should be commended.

I strongly believe that employees who deal directly with the public play an extremely important role in shaping the public images of their employers. Rest assured that Mayra Gil projects the best image of Mutiny Hotel.

Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear PatriciaF,

Oswego, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here 3 nights in January. The hotel is in a nice walkable area. The room is a good size with a full kitchen and a washer and dryer (only some units have washer/dryer). Considering it was the same price as a hotel, I'd say the value is certainly there. The fitness center and pool area are nice. The staff was helpful. The room was a bit 'worn' - tub was missing some grout but was not dirty and only one speaker worked on the stereo, cabinets were worn on the bottom. This may stem from this being a condo/hotel and perhaps major things are up to the owners of the unit. Regardless, I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear MarkT,

We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities and the great location in Coconut Grove. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience.

We are currently replacing the stereos in each unit with BOSE Wave Radios. At the time of your stay we had only been able to replace them in half of the units. I welcome you to return and experience the great sound technology that is in each room. We are constantly trying to improve and I will personally share your comments with our team as we strive to eliminate the hiccups that you experienced.

Warrensburg, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I'm still high on this hotel even though this last stay had a few hiccups. The television in the front room only had 4 channels, finally I gave up getting it fixed after three calls to maintenance (the last call at 8:00 p.m.), the internet was sporatic with access being denied due to an excess number of users, and getting the shower to work was a challenge. But this hotel still has the best location in The Grove and the staff is fantastic. Will still come back, maybe I'll have a better room next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear JohnE,

I am saddened to hear that you had an uncommon amount of maintenance issues within your suite. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful customer service from the staff and were able to enjoy our hotel amenities and our great Coconut Grove location. It is a pleasure to hear that the staff exceeded your expectations by providing a helpful and friendly hotel experience. I will personally share your comments with our team as we strive to eliminate the hiccups that you experienced.

Warmest wishes,

Fernandina Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights recently. While the location is great for Coconut Grove/Coral Gables touring, and there are a number of great attractions, the unit was disappointing. Bed was comfortable. Place is right on Biscayne Bay -- pretty. We have stayed in a lot of units with kitchens over the years, in both the US and Europe and this was the least well equipped we have ever seen. So, if you want a place to cook you may want to go elsewhere. There were no knives for cutting meat or veg, no cookware for the oven, no spatula, very limited number of utensils, so you have to wash as you go, and no linens or scrubbies to clean dishes with. Not to mention no pot holders for handling hot pans -- ouch. We called down to ask for a potholder and did rags and were told that they provided paper towel, as if that was enough. I mean who expects to have to pack potholders, dish rags and knives when they go on vacation, really? Also limited and poor was the wfi.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear CynthiaB,

I am saddened to hear that you had an uncommon amount of issues within your suite. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience exploring our great Coconut Grove location.

I have personally addressed your issues with the managers in the appropriate departments to ensure that our standard of service and amenities are not compromised.

Warmest wishes,

Greg A

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!