“Perfect for romantic get away.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Special Offer
Save up to 37% off!
Ranked #16 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Jupiter, Florida
“Perfect for romantic get away.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Big spacious rooms with kitchen. Upgrade for small fee for view of Bay and the beautiful greenery of coconut Grove. Directly across from marina walk to Grove shopping and dining. Nice relax ing get away. ..

• Stayed July 2013
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Mike,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Mutiny Hotel in Coconut Grove. Our suites are, as you mentioned, very spacious and luxurious and many have views of the Bay. The surrounding area is indeed a hidden gem in Miami, with a lush, tropical atmosphere and many shops and restaurants to choose from.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the Coconut Grove area.

Warm Regards,

Greg A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have highly recommended The Mutiny to family and friends since the first time I stayed there. I recently visited again, and was reminded what a great place it really is. The rooms are more like apartments that feel like a home, the view over the marina and the park across the street are beautiful, a two minute walk leads you to the restaurants and shops of CocoWalk, and staff are always super friendly. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay in hour hotel and that enjoyed our luxurious suites and views of the Bay. We will be sure to share your review with our staff and celebrate another, yet, happy guest.

We look forward to welcoming you, your family and friends back to The Mutiny Hotel very soon.

Warmest Regards,

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was in need of getting away from the mundane boring routine I was in. So, I went back to my favorite place The Mutiny. As soon as you pull up, there are so many staff members to greet you, take your bags and help you along the way. Once I saw the room, I knew it was going to be a great weekend. I upgraded this time and I am so glad I did. It is spacious, well decorated, fully equipped with everything I needed. The room was quiet. I had an amazing view of the water. The pool was just the right temperature. Whats so nice about the location? Well, you can walk outside and in just few minutes your walking through Coconut Grove. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel one night and I have to say our service was wonderful. The dinner to the desert was perfect. There is no where else I would stay. I will always come back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Martine C,

Thank you for choosing the Mutiny Hotel once again and the the wonderful review. We are delighted to hear that your stay with us is always wonderful, and that you are taking advantage of our hotel and suite amenities. Our staff thrives to make each guest' experience a memorable one, and we will be sure to celebrate our success with the team.

We look forward to seeing you back very soon, and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions in the meantime.

Warm Wishes,

Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Came for a girls' weekend and it was heavenly! The location is perfect for those looking for charm away from the hustle and bustle, and the staff was friendly and attentive. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your most recent visit at The Mutiny Hotel. We appreciate your recommendation and kind words about the hotel's features, staff and location. We are thrilled to hear that you had such a nice girls weekend, and we sure hope to welcome you back very soon.

Warm wishes,

South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I cannot say enough about how wonderful my family's stay was at the Mutiny. We were there for an entire month. The room was spacious and the staff was always helpful and so friendly.I have two small children, and the museum is able to be both luxurious and kid friendly, this is not something you often find. If we are in the Coconut Gove area again, we will certainly be staying at The Mutiny.

Room Tip: Corner ground floor was great with kids. Easy to head out to Coco alk and very large balcony where t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jessica,

Thank you for the choosing The Mutiny Hotel for your extended stay in Coconut Grove. Our suites are spacious and great for families, and our location cannot be beat! We are dedicated to making each one of our guest’s stays enjoyable and we will be sure to share your thoughts with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Mutiny soon.

Captiva Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Mutiny a few times now over the last year. I have really enjoyed my trip every time that I have visited.

The units are clean, pretty, updated, and very spacious. I believe that each unit is owned individually, therefore every unit is not identical. I find this to be a nice feature because every time you stay there, you know it will meet the Mutiny standards, but the room will be decorated differently.

The staff is very friendly, welcoming, and very accommodating. The lobby is large, open, and luxuriously furnished. The pool is also very nice, with pool side service (always a plus).

The location is great! walking distance to much shopping, restaurants, bars, and boutiques. Coconut Grove is the best!

Even though I have now moved to Miami, I would gladly stay here again for a mini stay-cation. When I have family in town, they all stay at the Mutiny. I wouldn't have them stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: A two bedroom suite that's located at the front of the building is great! Good view of Biscayne...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Mutiny Hotel experience! We appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you had a fabulous experience. We will be sure to share your feedback with our team . Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

The suites are individually owned and they all have a slightly different decor, which makes for a great new experience every time you stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel soon!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Coconut Grove is so pleasant but the Mutiny Hotel leaves a lot to be desired. The exterior has been updated and looks great, but the same can't be said about the rooms. I don't have a problem with rooms that are a little worn, but this hotel had a couple of major issues. First, the AC unit was so noisy that it was difficult to be near while it was on. Second, the hotel says the one-bedroom suite "sleeps four". I was here with a colleague on a business trip and because of the AC unit, I opted to sleep on the pull-out couch. When's the last time management checked out this mattress? The springs are practically poking through, and it's hard to find a sleeping position where one isn't being assaulted by a spring. Even when the couch is closed up, it's uncomfortable. Too stiff. Maybe this kind of 'bed' is okay if you're here as a family and have kids sleeping on the pull-out, but this is definitely not the place for two adults to share a room. Guess we should have opted for the 2-bedroom suite, but when the website said this room would accommodate 4 people, I bought into it. I don't think I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
While we are happy to hear you enjoyed Coconut Grove, the experience you have describe does not sound like what should be expected of the Mutiny Hotel. We are disappointed to hear that you found the AC to be noisy and that the sleeper sofa was uncomfortable.

We would like to invite you back to the Mutiny Hotel and provide you with a much better experience. Please contact me directly when booking your next stay.

Greg A

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!