“First Class Hollywood Experience....” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Special Offer
Savings Up To 15%
Ranked #17 of 131 hotels in Miami
West Hollywood, California
“First Class Hollywood Experience....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrived at the hotel pretty early and our room was ready! the room was spacious, comfortable and freshly cleaned with a great view! very delicious food at the restaurant! The order taker was really friendly and the fried rice is my favorite! the sangria at the bar is the best I've had in a very long time! The hotel is gorgeous modern and very clean! We had a small incident were my husband broke two small glass cups in the bathroom OOPS! We notified the front desk and they notified Housekeeping were in less than 1 minute the housekeeping Manager (Jay) was at our door accompanied by a housekeeper very attentive to our every need, WOW what a place!! We didn't have to worry about a thing. Very nice location! AAA Hotel! Perfect for business as well as family or friends trip! Will definitely be back! THANKS

Room Tip: We had a high level room on the 8th floor. The view is marvelous. Wake up in the morning have your c...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Beth C,

We are delighted you and your husband enjoyed your experience at The Mutiny Hotel in Coconut Grove.

Thank you for your kind words, we will be sure to share them with the team. Our staff strives to provide guests with a superior level of service and they will be happy to hear that your we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do for you.

Warmest regards,

427 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Visiting on business in March, after a long 6 week trip, it seemed like I had checked in at home when I arrived at the Mutiny. Friendly staff and great suites with everything you could possibly need including lots of space. I was sharing a two bedroom suite with a colleague, which I was apprehensive about until I walked into the room. The layout enabled you to have the necessary privacy as well as room to move. I am hopefully going to stay there for longer next year, I can't wait!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guy T,
Thank you for your kind words! Our staff strives to make each guest’s stay a memorable occasion. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and that you and your colleague were comfortable in the 2 bedroom suite. Our spacious and fully equipped suites do feel like a home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Warmest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at the mutiny hotel a little over a year ago for a couple days before a Cruise.
The rooms were very nice and well maintained. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool area was excellent. There is so much to do Within walking distance from the hotel. There are Parks, jogging tracks, outdoor gyms, and many restaurants, boutiques and even an outdoor shopping mall area. Definitely some fantastic nightlife and late-night food options in the area as well. I was having such a wonderful time here, that I skipped my group's trip to South Beach to go On a run to Key Biscayne and afterwards hang out by the lovely pool area here. The gym is small but nice.
I would definitely stay here again. As a matter of fact , I'm coming to Miami on Friday and was checking for availability so I Could stay here again, And I am sad that they are booked but decided to finally write my review. :)
Thank you very much mutiny for a great stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Kristy,

A warm thank you for sharing this wonderful review of your Mutiny Hotel experience. It is an absolute pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay here with us ,particularly our luxurious, well-appointed suites, favorable location, your excellent experience in our backyard and our amazing team. We are, however, sad to hear that we couldn't accommodate you this Friday. We sure hope to see you back here very soon.

Warm regards,

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The room met expectations, the service was outstanding. Very nice pool area and restaurant and the location was perfect. All requests were addressed very promptly. The entire property was spotless. Great view from the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Mutiny Hotel for your most recent trip to the Coconut Grove area. We are glad that you enjoyed the pool, restaurant and your suite. We will be sure to share your nice words with the team. Our staff strives to provide guests with a superior level of service and they will be happy to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you back very soon and of course, should you need anything in the meantime please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Warm regards,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at the Mutiny with my two kids and wife. The front desk clerk was very helpful with information on the local area. Although the hotel did not provide a extra bed for the room, the sofa bed was the write size for the kids. The room we were in was very spacious and clean. Pool area was big enough for my two little girls to play around in. And they serve drink by the poolside too. Paying for parking is not something I like but for the location, its acceptable. Nice place for the family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We are happy to hear you and your family enjoyed the location, pool area and your suite. We will share your nice comment with your team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Mutiny Hotel during your next trip to Coconut Grove.

Warmest Regards,

Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Its very close to everything and thats a very big positive. On the downside while I was there yesterday i spent time down at the pool. First problem was that the hotel draws the kind of crowd that throws towels on every available lounger at dawn and claims all are saved. Management would do well to police this 5th grade behavior. Second strike was that before long we had people bringing there own vodka laced drinks and cans of beer poolside. Then they were drinking glass bottled beer in the pool. Smoking is apparently prohibited but ok if you do it quickly. Finally I was treated to an afternoon boombox version of the booty dance followed by "T&*ties and beer" at full volume; charming.. Again management nowhere in sight so it was what it was. The bartender makes great drinks and the food was good but if you let the place take on the appearance of a nascar infield this place wont last.

Room was ok at best. Shower was weak ..pet peeve. Only a couch to sit on and it was way past its prime.

Room Tip: Must be on higher floors and get rooms near the front of the building as the back is a parking lot v...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg A, General Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. Your constructive criticism is valued, and it is one of the best ways for us to understand how we can enhance our guest experience in the future. Your comments will be passed along to each department involved, and I will relay your thoughts about the behavior at the pool and your room to every department involved.

We hope that next time you visit Coconut Grove, you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to assist you with your reservation and make your stay flawless.

With regards,

Duffel, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

When I was planning our vacation in Florida with our 9-year old daughter, I first wanted to stay at the Miami beaches for 3 days, but the pricing was way out of wxhat I had in mind, but admit want to stay in min **** hotels. Quality is a must. So I found the Mutiny Hotel, and I liked it. There was a promotion for a room with balcony and so I booked this one. Upon our arrival, we were friendly greeted, but when we got into our room, it was not the one I had choosen from the promotion. So I went straight back to the receptiojn and after some (kind) discussion - we were given another room, and oh boy what a difference! The room was with balcony! A spacious living room; seperate bedroom - and although we requested a seperate bed for our daughter, the king size bed was big enough for the 3 of us. Then a full kitchen, whith even a washing and drying machine! The location was perfect as it is in walking distance to Coconut Grove, which my wife loved very much, and so was I, because there was a live rock band playing, which I appreciate a lot as here in Belgium you will not find easy a live rock band playing when you go out for dinner. The breakfast was a surprise as it was no buffet?? But in fact there is plenty choice and the pricing is really not too much. If I am right the continental breakfast is about $ 10/person. The pool area looks cosy, but it should need more attention. I found a nice sitting corner with inviting garden furniture, but it was not really clean. Really pitty as it is a corner to have a drink with friends. The restaurant was Asian, and but we did not eat there as we were out every day. I noticed they had my favourite red wine, and again the pricing is very honest.for this high quality wine;.A nice walking is to the yacht harbour. Overall I recommend this hotel very much for the location and the relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: You need to ask for a room with a balcony as in our case was the best option.
Dear Willy,

We are elated to hear that after researching places to stay during your vacation in Florida you gave us an opportunity to welcome you. We are trilled that you joined the Mutiny family and glad to hear that you felt welcome and enjoyed our hotel. Thank you so much for the kind comments concerning our service and guest rooms. Your feedback about the pool area will be passed along to the departments involved.

We hope to welcome you and your family again soon!

Warm wishes,

Greg A

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!