“Best Hotel Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Special Offer
Fun in the Sun
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Best Hotel Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Beautiful suite hotel overlooking Biscayne Bay. I was on a business trip and had many special needs. The staff went out of their way to accomodate. And what a great place to come 'home' to after a hard day at the office. Calm, peaceful and relaxing.
Everyone was friendly, efficient and helpful from the valet, front desk, security, restaurant and especially management.
We were a large group, over 20 suites, and everyone agreed that we would come back to the Mutiny anytime...business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Request suite with view of Biscayne Bay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jvalera, Front Office Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear PAULAW,

At the Mutiny Hotel we are all about anticipating our guests' needs. From our friendly valet staff meeting you at the ramp, to our service-minded bell staff, up to our welcoming front office agents, everyone here has the inherent culture to stretch for our guests.
We know the importance of being away from the office on business, and being away from home as well. We like to think of ourselves as a team that sets you up for success for your business needs, and then creates an atmosphere for you to unwind.
Thank you for your comments and for letting the Mutiny team take care of you and your peers!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

A very quaint place to enjoy Miami..walking distance to everything.
We love a great get away!!!
Great for couples
Beautiful landscape.folliage surrounding property.In the Heart of Coconut Grove

Small pool area..although very nice

• Stayed October 2012
jvalera, Front Office Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear ISLANDGIRL6969,

You said it best: "Paradise in the Grove." This is what we strive for consistently at the Mutiny Hotel. We are experts at making your get away something you will always remember. To us it is not enough to be close to everything there is to do in Coconut Grove; we want you to feel the Grove when you step out of your balcony and absorb our views, or when you come down for a bite at Atchana's East/West Kitchen and you are met by our friendly staff. Thank you for choosing us.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We recently had our high school reunion at The Mutiny. The customer service at the hotel was top-notch. The staff was great and the food was good. An added plus was the location...across from the water and walking distance from the heart of the Grove.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear PAMK,

Coming all the way from Atlanta, Georgia, you must sure know a thing or two about southern hospitality. Here at the Mutiny Hotel, we have branded our own service culture and we want to share it with everyone that visits us. We are nested in the heart of Coconut Grove, and our spacious suites remind you constantly that you are on vacation, and that we are taking care of everything else.
Thank you for having chosen the Mutiny Hotel for your last visit to Miami. We hope to have you and yours soon with us again.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Coral Gables Class of 82 Held their 30th Class Reunion. The staff, the venue, the food and the ambiance couldn't have been better. Whatever we needed, we got and more.... I was the organizer of the event and although there was some issues that we ran across the front office worked with me to iron out all of the wrinkles so that our event would be spectacular.. All of our attendees have raved about the reunion and again I could not have asked for a better turnout.. plus I just love the location... literally right around the corner from all the Grove action.. I highly recommend staying here... Oh and did I mention running into ZZ Top in the lobby.. staying here too?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear NORMAJEANK,

At the Mutiny Hotel we take pride in being able to wow all who come through our doors. Whether it be a class reunion, or your first visit to Miami, we make sure this is a memorable experience you will want to repeat time and time again.
Thank you and the Coral Gables Class of '82 for letting us cater to all your needs. It was a pleasure having you with us.

New Lenox, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Mutiny staff is always helpful and pleasant, we stay at the Mutiny at least 4-6 times a year during the football season. We love staying at the Mutiny, rooms always clean and comfortable, with well appointed kitchens, very spacious rooms and love the balcony area, great for a relaxing cocktail overlooking the bay! There are many places to walk to in the Grove so no need to use a car, great value for the money. We have 4 other trips scheduled for the fall and will be staying here. Absolutely one of our favorite places to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in are very comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear YCLAW5,

College football season in Miami definitely brings all the fans into the Coconut Grove area, and what better place to set up shop with alumni and family members than the Mutiny Hotel! In Coconut Grove, the Mutiny Hotel is a household name, and our spacious suites allow for the whole family to come in and cheer for the home team. Afterwards, a nice stroll by the bay or a late bite in Coco Walk is a fine way to end a Saturday game evening. Thank you for making the Mutiny Hotel your preferred home game headquarters!

See you real soon,
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had our yearly staycation recently at The Mutiny Hotel to try out some Miami Spice menus in the area as well as spa services we had booked. I'd never stayed here before but we loved it! Rooms are spacious, the full kitchens were a surprise and the service was first class. Concierge/door staff were very pleasant and the gentleman Juan who checked us in at the front desk was extremely helpful with many questions we asked regarding where to find local banks, pharmacies etc. Also interacted at some point during our stay with one of the sales people, I believe the name was Raysa, who was very nice as well. Would definitely recommend to friends and plan on staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SOBEGIRL2121,

More and more, our Miami locals our rediscovering the Coconut Grove area, and they are finding that the Mutiny Hotel is a great place to start on that quest. Our spacious fully equipped suites, friendly staff, and proximity to everything there is to do on the Grove sets us apart.
We are very happy Miami Spice and The Mutiny Hotel made your stay-cation the ideal getaway. Please come back soon to see us!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Im am sorry to say that I will not go to the Mutiny when back in Miami. I was put into room 1115 and stayed on the night of sept 2. I did not complain during my stay until check out time and the guy, who btw is the front office manager, was extrememly rude to me. He asked me how my stay was and when I told him my room was dusty and had ants in the kitchen, he said it was just something normal. Really? Dust and ants are just normal??? Thats not what I wanted to hear. Besides that when I asked him to speak to a manager he told me that wasnt necessary and he refused to get me one. I truly dont understand how or why he would ask me to fill out a tripadvisor comment. My suggestion is to clean up the mess you all have, starting with the so called "managers". People go to your place for a nice time, not to meet rude and dry people.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jack L, Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear AGRIFFITH38,
I was extremely disappointed to learn of your experiences while you were a guest of our hotel. First, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the discourtesy and nature of what you described. This is unacceptable and certainly not how we earned our reputation for consistently delivering outstanding service and accommodations. I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and I have personally addressed these shortcoming with the appropriate staff members so that we can avoid a future re-occurrence of this nature.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize again and in an effort to regain your trust in The Mutiny Hotel I would welcome the opportunity to personally handle your reservations if you plan to return to Coconut Grove in the future.

Please contact me directly so I may assist you.

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!