“Pardise in the Grove.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Special Offer
Fun in the Sun
Ranked #14 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Pardise in the Grove.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

A very quaint place to enjoy Miami..walking distance to everything.
We love a great get away!!!
Great for couples
Beautiful landscape.folliage surrounding property.In the Heart of Coconut Grove

Small pool area..although very nice

• Stayed October 2012
jvalera, Front Office Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear ISLANDGIRL6969,

You said it best: "Paradise in the Grove." This is what we strive for consistently at the Mutiny Hotel. We are experts at making your get away something you will always remember. To us it is not enough to be close to everything there is to do in Coconut Grove; we want you to feel the Grove when you step out of your balcony and absorb our views, or when you come down for a bite at Atchana's East/West Kitchen and you are met by our friendly staff. Thank you for choosing us.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We recently had our high school reunion at The Mutiny. The customer service at the hotel was top-notch. The staff was great and the food was good. An added plus was the location...across from the water and walking distance from the heart of the Grove.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear PAMK,

Coming all the way from Atlanta, Georgia, you must sure know a thing or two about southern hospitality. Here at the Mutiny Hotel, we have branded our own service culture and we want to share it with everyone that visits us. We are nested in the heart of Coconut Grove, and our spacious suites remind you constantly that you are on vacation, and that we are taking care of everything else.
Thank you for having chosen the Mutiny Hotel for your last visit to Miami. We hope to have you and yours soon with us again.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Coral Gables Class of 82 Held their 30th Class Reunion. The staff, the venue, the food and the ambiance couldn't have been better. Whatever we needed, we got and more.... I was the organizer of the event and although there was some issues that we ran across the front office worked with me to iron out all of the wrinkles so that our event would be spectacular.. All of our attendees have raved about the reunion and again I could not have asked for a better turnout.. plus I just love the location... literally right around the corner from all the Grove action.. I highly recommend staying here... Oh and did I mention running into ZZ Top in the lobby.. staying here too?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear NORMAJEANK,

At the Mutiny Hotel we take pride in being able to wow all who come through our doors. Whether it be a class reunion, or your first visit to Miami, we make sure this is a memorable experience you will want to repeat time and time again.
Thank you and the Coral Gables Class of '82 for letting us cater to all your needs. It was a pleasure having you with us.

New Lenox, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Mutiny staff is always helpful and pleasant, we stay at the Mutiny at least 4-6 times a year during the football season. We love staying at the Mutiny, rooms always clean and comfortable, with well appointed kitchens, very spacious rooms and love the balcony area, great for a relaxing cocktail overlooking the bay! There are many places to walk to in the Grove so no need to use a car, great value for the money. We have 4 other trips scheduled for the fall and will be staying here. Absolutely one of our favorite places to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in are very comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear YCLAW5,

College football season in Miami definitely brings all the fans into the Coconut Grove area, and what better place to set up shop with alumni and family members than the Mutiny Hotel! In Coconut Grove, the Mutiny Hotel is a household name, and our spacious suites allow for the whole family to come in and cheer for the home team. Afterwards, a nice stroll by the bay or a late bite in Coco Walk is a fine way to end a Saturday game evening. Thank you for making the Mutiny Hotel your preferred home game headquarters!

See you real soon,
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had our yearly staycation recently at The Mutiny Hotel to try out some Miami Spice menus in the area as well as spa services we had booked. I'd never stayed here before but we loved it! Rooms are spacious, the full kitchens were a surprise and the service was first class. Concierge/door staff were very pleasant and the gentleman Juan who checked us in at the front desk was extremely helpful with many questions we asked regarding where to find local banks, pharmacies etc. Also interacted at some point during our stay with one of the sales people, I believe the name was Raysa, who was very nice as well. Would definitely recommend to friends and plan on staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SOBEGIRL2121,

More and more, our Miami locals our rediscovering the Coconut Grove area, and they are finding that the Mutiny Hotel is a great place to start on that quest. Our spacious fully equipped suites, friendly staff, and proximity to everything there is to do on the Grove sets us apart.
We are very happy Miami Spice and The Mutiny Hotel made your stay-cation the ideal getaway. Please come back soon to see us!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Im am sorry to say that I will not go to the Mutiny when back in Miami. I was put into room 1115 and stayed on the night of sept 2. I did not complain during my stay until check out time and the guy, who btw is the front office manager, was extrememly rude to me. He asked me how my stay was and when I told him my room was dusty and had ants in the kitchen, he said it was just something normal. Really? Dust and ants are just normal??? Thats not what I wanted to hear. Besides that when I asked him to speak to a manager he told me that wasnt necessary and he refused to get me one. I truly dont understand how or why he would ask me to fill out a tripadvisor comment. My suggestion is to clean up the mess you all have, starting with the so called "managers". People go to your place for a nice time, not to meet rude and dry people.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jack L, Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear AGRIFFITH38,
I was extremely disappointed to learn of your experiences while you were a guest of our hotel. First, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the discourtesy and nature of what you described. This is unacceptable and certainly not how we earned our reputation for consistently delivering outstanding service and accommodations. I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and I have personally addressed these shortcoming with the appropriate staff members so that we can avoid a future re-occurrence of this nature.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize again and in an effort to regain your trust in The Mutiny Hotel I would welcome the opportunity to personally handle your reservations if you plan to return to Coconut Grove in the future.

Please contact me directly so I may assist you.

Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Mutiny is too good to be true…an amazing value for a really great product! My husband and I have stayed at the Mutiny several times and have NEVER been anything but amazed at how nice the hotel is for the money. The rooms are very clean with well appointed full kitchens, spacious living areas and bedroom…not your typical hotel room (more like a condo). The views from the private balconies won’t disappoint…a nice place to relax with a cocktail and take in the scene. The hotel itself is very attractive and the staff very nice. There is plenty to do in and around Coconut Grove. We enjoyed walking around the marina across the street. There are plenty of park benches to sit and enjoy the scenery. There are plenty of great bars, restaurants and take outs available in the area. We did not get a chance to eat in the hotel restaurant but heard from others that the food was good. The Mutiny itself is very centrally located (just a few minutes from Coral Gables and Key Biscayne, not too far from South Beach). One would be hard pressed to find a better value than this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a high floor and facing the south - these are the best rooms for view and also because you g...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!