“The IDEAL Miami Spice/Spa Staycation Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Early to Save 25%
Ranked #16 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami Beach, Florida
“The IDEAL Miami Spice/Spa Staycation Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had our yearly staycation recently at The Mutiny Hotel to try out some Miami Spice menus in the area as well as spa services we had booked. I'd never stayed here before but we loved it! Rooms are spacious, the full kitchens were a surprise and the service was first class. Concierge/door staff were very pleasant and the gentleman Juan who checked us in at the front desk was extremely helpful with many questions we asked regarding where to find local banks, pharmacies etc. Also interacted at some point during our stay with one of the sales people, I believe the name was Raysa, who was very nice as well. Would definitely recommend to friends and plan on staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jvalera, Front Office Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear SOBEGIRL2121,

More and more, our Miami locals our rediscovering the Coconut Grove area, and they are finding that the Mutiny Hotel is a great place to start on that quest. Our spacious fully equipped suites, friendly staff, and proximity to everything there is to do on the Grove sets us apart.
We are very happy Miami Spice and The Mutiny Hotel made your stay-cation the ideal getaway. Please come back soon to see us!

Juan-Manuel Valera III
Front Office Manager

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Im am sorry to say that I will not go to the Mutiny when back in Miami. I was put into room 1115 and stayed on the night of sept 2. I did not complain during my stay until check out time and the guy, who btw is the front office manager, was extrememly rude to me. He asked me how my stay was and when I told him my room was dusty and had ants in the kitchen, he said it was just something normal. Really? Dust and ants are just normal??? Thats not what I wanted to hear. Besides that when I asked him to speak to a manager he told me that wasnt necessary and he refused to get me one. I truly dont understand how or why he would ask me to fill out a tripadvisor comment. My suggestion is to clean up the mess you all have, starting with the so called "managers". People go to your place for a nice time, not to meet rude and dry people.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Jack L, Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear AGRIFFITH38,
I was extremely disappointed to learn of your experiences while you were a guest of our hotel. First, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the discourtesy and nature of what you described. This is unacceptable and certainly not how we earned our reputation for consistently delivering outstanding service and accommodations. I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and I have personally addressed these shortcoming with the appropriate staff members so that we can avoid a future re-occurrence of this nature.

On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize again and in an effort to regain your trust in The Mutiny Hotel I would welcome the opportunity to personally handle your reservations if you plan to return to Coconut Grove in the future.

Please contact me directly so I may assist you.

Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Mutiny is too good to be true…an amazing value for a really great product! My husband and I have stayed at the Mutiny several times and have NEVER been anything but amazed at how nice the hotel is for the money. The rooms are very clean with well appointed full kitchens, spacious living areas and bedroom…not your typical hotel room (more like a condo). The views from the private balconies won’t disappoint…a nice place to relax with a cocktail and take in the scene. The hotel itself is very attractive and the staff very nice. There is plenty to do in and around Coconut Grove. We enjoyed walking around the marina across the street. There are plenty of park benches to sit and enjoy the scenery. There are plenty of great bars, restaurants and take outs available in the area. We did not get a chance to eat in the hotel restaurant but heard from others that the food was good. The Mutiny itself is very centrally located (just a few minutes from Coral Gables and Key Biscayne, not too far from South Beach). One would be hard pressed to find a better value than this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a high floor and facing the south - these are the best rooms for view and also because you g...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We were a group of 48 passengers who were overnighting in Miami before a cruise. I made advanced group arrangements with Raisa who was the Group Sales Manager. We found the price to be extremely fair, the reservation process smooth, the welcome by staff incredible, the service awesome and the rooms beautiful. My guests raved about the place. I would recommend the Mutiny hotel to everyone visiting the Miami area. Walking distance to Coconut Grove restaurants and entertainment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Coconut Grove is quite a spot in Miami. Just a few minutes drive from all interesting sites (including less than 15 minute drive to the airport) and yet away from traffic jams, which are normal in big cities. The Mutiny Hotel is located in front of a Marina, nice to have a stroll in the morning and offers a quiet atmosphere, which is very relaxing. The staff is very kind and attentive and the front office manager, Mr. Juan Manuel Valera is always at your disposal to assist and help.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a very nice view of sea.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Baldwin, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Mutiny Hotel was very pleasing and meets all needs. Nice pool, gym. and sauna. The Service was great they were always right on top of everything. The front desk service was especially great. The front desk service was especially great, Yvonne was working at the front desk everytime we needed something and her service was excellent. She helped us with everything. The Coconut Grove area is beautiful and the suites are spacy and nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Jack L, Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear KAAGIRL N,

As I read your comments, I know that we are taking steps in the right direction with our service culture. Our prime location, in the heart of Coconut Grove, is only accentuated by our staff's caring service. We look forward to having you with us again the next time you are in South Florida.

Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Mutiny Hotel is very nice hotel, my wife and I have stayed on several occassions. The Mutiny Hotel is in the ideal location in beautiful Coconut Grove. All room are suites very spacious, the staff was very nice and accomodating. The front desk service was especially great, ISaura was working at the front desk when we checked in, and his service was excellent. I recommend anyone visiting the Miami or living in the area to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DAVIS36,

Seeing how you live in Ft. Lauderdale, it makes us extremely happy to know that you came all the way down to Coconut Grove to experience the Mutiny's brand of hospitality. We have plenty of South Florida locals who make the Mutiny Hotel their home away from home. We would also like to thank you for letting everyone known how our staff members treated you. Please come back real soon!

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!