“Great place to stay in Coconut Grove” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mutiny Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Mutiny Hotel to your Saves list
The Mutiny Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2951 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Offers & Announcements
Book Early to Save 25%
Ranked #16 of 130 hotels in Miami
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great place to stay in Coconut Grove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

If you are vacationing in Miami with parents, grandparents, and children, staying at multi-rooms suite hotels along the beach is the only way to go. The cost per person is low and the views are fabulous.

My son and his family including three of us grandparents loved our stay at the Mutiny Hotel with an 8th floor porch view of a boat harbor on Biscayne Bay.

The Mutiny is in the Coconut Grove area of Miami. Restaurants and shopping are just around the corner. For you fans of the TV series, Burn Notice, the under-utilized Coconut Grove Convention Center that is now used as its film studio is just down the street.

To get to the pool, you have to walk through a well-equipped fitness room.

The Fort Lauderdale airport is a quick 30-mile trip on nearby I-95.

This was our second stay in a Miami suite hotel. By now we wised up and used the full kitchen to fix dinner. After one-night stays in two different Miami suite hotels, none of us could clearly come up with a favorite. But we did agree that staying in suites was clearly nicer than renting three franchise motel rooms in Key West.

Room Tip: The better views are end of the hall rooms that face east.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Thank you Claudia for making my stay at the Mutiny Hotel an excellent one....I will always make the Mutiny my home away from home. The service was amazing, the food was delicious and you made this all possible...!!!

Thanks again,

Kind Regards.

YM

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

We recently stayed at the Mutiny for my brother's wedding, and all I can say is - WOW. The rooms were very nice, very clean, and certainly very spacious. The pool was perfect, and the Thai Restaurant downstairs is awesome. The best part about this Hotel though, is the customer service. These folks were outstanding. From Jesus in the bar to Claudia at the front desk, everybody was amazing. This staff was at our service, literally from the moment we walked in the front door until we left in the early hours of the morning four days later. I don't know that I've ever had a more courteous and responsive hotel staff, ever.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I've been staying here for a month for work, in an apartment suite. This experience has been INCREDIBLY UNPLEASANT to say the least.

The first room i got was on a low floor facing the back and was TOO NOISY (AC rattled throughout the night and trucks woke me up in the early morning) so i asked to be moved.
The second suite did not have a washing machine, i was told that I HAD TO GO TO ANOTHER VACANT SUITE when i needed to to do my laundry (as if that's a favor), that "privilege" has since been revoked due to "security reasons" and i'm being forced to PAY FOR LAUNDRY SERVICE.

There's the SUB-STANDARD HOUSEKEEPING, they only change sheets/towels, and take out garbage. There is dust everywhere and a smell from the carpet. Kitchen and bathroom have CABINET CRITTERS AND MILDEW STAINS everywhere from lack of proper cleaning.

And finally, the HOSTESS AT RECEPTION thought it was appropriate to snap at me when i asked why I was not notified about a package delivery, lied to my face and said that it had only arrived an hour later (I had the confirmation emailed to me affirming that it had been delivered 6 hours earlier).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed at the mutiny in the late 80's. Came back June 2010 for a week after a cruise.
Hotel staff fantastic, room fantastic location fantastic.

Beats everywhere else in Miami hands down. I know brickal village is in right now, but the grove still makes for a great base. Easy to get to the port and airport.

Sailboat bay views superb

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I worked at this the hotel for two months, and the Front Desk, Concierge, Valet, Bellman, Security, and the office have been amazing. Working from the hotel I had to ask a lot from the entire staff at the Mutiny, and they attended to every single task that I've needed. Cheers to all!!! All the rooms we rented have unique quality with spacious living rooms and big kitchens, and all are furnished with formal décor. Cleaning Service was great, whole place was spotless and they were attentive and helpful to some of our staff, whom have peculiar needs. Great location, beautiful Mayfair right behind the hotel and walking distance to Coco walk as well as all the bars and restaurants. Breath taking view from the room balcony. I wanted to give special thanks to all of the office staff including Claudia Cano and Jesus Montano for addressing all of our circumstances. The Front Desk staff Luis Rodriguez, Mario Leon, Yvonne Berga, and Isaura Parra for always extending a wonderful greeting and attending to our inquiries. The Concierge Ariel Cruz, and Karel Perez for helping answer all of our questions. The Bellman Alfredo Garcia, and David. Chief Engineer Ariel Paez for helping us with all our technical problems and boosting the internet. All of valet and all the security are extremely helpful. Great architecture, awesome service, great food, 5 stars in my book. I am impressed how well they took care of us at the Mutiny, and I will definitely come back here again soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I am just ending an extended stay at The Mutiny in Coconut Grove and I must say it has be a remarkable experience. The staff and the facilities are lovely. I found every staff member to be very kind and helpful.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Mutiny Hotel? Share your experiences!