“SUFFICIENT TO OUR NEEDS” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #78 of 130 hotels in Miami
Bermuda
“SUFFICIENT TO OUR NEEDS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It was in good location. Close to mall & 22 mins from miami beach. It had a kitchen (utensils are super basic & limited). It was clean. Staff was friendly. Tho when we arrived late at night & needed a blanket for the sofa bed they didnt have ANY available. AlwAys waited at the front desk for someone to come help me. Pool was clean & warm. We were near airport could hear airplane when outside. The breakfast was a disappointment. DONT EXPECT ANYTHING HOT.
Our room smelt very bad. But the best part about our stay was the bottles of shampoo & conditioner was paul mitchell brand (saloon style) it worked wonders on my beach hair. (Silly i know). But we had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Walter A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Ms. Hakes,
I wanted to take this opportunity to Thank You for posting your comments regarding your recent stay here with us at the TownePlace Suties. I sincerely appreciate the invaluable feedback which you have provided. I will be sure to share your comments with my team so as we may strive to continue to improve the hotel experience.
Regards,

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Westfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights this past week. The front desk staff was friendly upon check in. When I went into the room it smelled a bit funky. Needless to say it was still a nice 1 queen bedroom studio.

On the second morning within being in this hotel I had a housekeeper knock on the door asking if I needed service. I politely said not right now in 20 minutes and she then proceeded to speak loudly and say "I have 24 rooms to clean, I don't have time to go back and forth". I then stated that it was ok that I don't need service just give me some towels. All the towels she gives me smelled as if they were not washed. I also asked for some toothpaste and she said she would deliver them to me underneath my door, but that also didn't happen.

On my last day upon checking out I waited at the front desk with no one in front of me for about 5 minutes. I could clearly see what seemed to be the accountant or manager sitting at a desk doing his own work right in front of me instead of asking if I needed assistance. It wasn't until I coughed that he asked if I needed anything. Then the front desk agent ran up and checked me out.

Now I work at a Marriott myself so I can understand some things, but the housekeeping team of this property need to be a more educated. There was some minor unprofessionalism, but the stay was still nice regardless.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Walter A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Mr. B,
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay here with us at the TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West. I sincerely appreciate the feedback which you have provided, as this allows me to share the guest comments with my team so we may strive to improve the hotel experience. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience which we may have caused you during your stay.
Regards,
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed for 3 nites, room wise was good, they cleaned our room everyday. Security was good- main door to enter the floor was with hotel key/access only ( suggestion: do NOT place hotel keys "cards" next to your cell ph) it does something to the keys and you end up like us--- forever trying to open the door!! Breakfast was not good- they need to improve on that, but there's lots of places near to eat and shop. Overall is friendly budget hotel that if used wisely can save you lots of $$.. Best of luck!

• Stayed June 2014
Walter A, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Babycom.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide me with your invaluable feedback. I sincerely appreciate the information which you have provided us as this allows us to train and continue to improve the overall hotel experience. I am sorry for any inconvenience which we may have caused you and we look forward to seeing you again.
Amin Khatri
Operations Manager,
TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed in a 2 BR suite only one night. The room was clean but the entire place is in desperate need of updating. The 2 BR suite was pretty small, but met our needs for the night. The halls/stairways needed to be vacuumed. It's obviously an older hotel. If I had to pick place in the area to stay again, I would shop around as this would not be my fusty choice.

Stayed April 2014
Walter A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Passing Thru,
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking time to write a review to Tripadvisor. I sincerely appreciate your invaluable feedback. Please accept my sincere apology that you did not enjoy your stay here with us.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We picked our mother-in-law up from the airport and stayed for three days with four adults and four teens for the weekend before her cruise. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful and was so sweet to our teens alone or accompanied (oldest 19) in the breakfast area, pool or lobby. Tons of shopping, fast food and some very nice restaurants within walking. She used a fee shuttle for the cruise which was very reasonable.

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor suite and a studio for 8 but had room for 10. The suite kitchen was very roomy a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Walter A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear JenniferB,
I wanted to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review with Tripadvisor. I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding my team and my hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West. We look forward to your return.
Bad Schonborn, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had a room on the ground floor, which had a connection door to the neighbor room, which made it fairly noisy over the night (I was close to offer a cough suppressor to the neighbor (room) :-) ). But these connection doors are always making the e noise level higher, regardless in which hotel. The room itself was okay, the bed was a twin bed, and the fridge in the kitchenette was brand new (and quite). The bathroom was very clean. Location wise it is approx. 10 minutes ride from the airport, in an "industrial area" but nothing where you have to be concerned about. The breakfast was continental style and offered in a clean, fairly small breakfast area, but everything you expect at such breakfast was available and fresh.

Room Tip: Probably, ask for a room without connecting door, or ask if the neighbor has a caught :-)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Walter A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Mr. Vordenbaeumen,
I wanted to take this opportunity to Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a response. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the TownePlace Suites. Thank you for your kind words regarding my hotel. We look forward to your return.
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before a cruise because it was low points for a free stay. It does the job for low points-- but the location isn't great.

No hotel shuttle from airport ($37 taxi with tip), "wrong direction" from cruise terminal-- so pricier taxi than other hotels ($45 taxi before tip). Nothing much within walking distance to see -- although we could walk to some restaurants. Very loud planes all evening (should have expected that-- it's near the airport).

Friendly and helpful front desk staff and clean room. Hallways a little dank and dark. Loud garbage truck at 6am. Does the job for a free stay-- but the extra taxi costs might be more expensive than using more points or dollars at another hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Walter A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear WendyMW,
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for providing us with your invaluable feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the TownePlace Suites. I am sorry but due to staffing models our perticular hotel does not operate a shuttel service. I do apologize and would like to pass along my Thank you for your kind words regarding my team members.
Walter A.

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area? Share your experiences!