“Great staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very helpful staff and the room with kitchenette was everything I needed. Also has a desk in the room. Housekeeping was thoughtful enough to leave towels, shampoo and wash cloths on my door because I did not request housekeeping. Great place and clean. close to airport but you do not hear the planes. I was on the 3rd floor

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Walter A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear George R.,
I wanted to take this oppertunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West. I would also like to thank you very much for your kind words regarding my team members and my hotel. If there is ever anything that my team or I may be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The property is about 10 miles from downtown Miami and there are several ways to get there, including toll roads. It is worth making the drive and staying here because of the cheaper rates and the free parking. There are many restaurants and groceries stores close to the property.
Amin, the hotel manager allowed me to do an early check in and was very accommodating. He was professional and caring. The property seemed to be very nice. The room was very clean, with very comfortable beds. They were probably the most comfortable beds that I have had to any of Marriott's properties. The hotel was going through renovations of the lobby and the breakfast area was lacking, but that was very minor. I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Walter A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
I would like to take this oppertunity to thank you for your feedback regarding my hotel. I sincerely appreciate your kind word about my team member and my hotel. We look forward to your return.
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good sized rooms, average clean, average new. There seems to be a big difference between rooms, our first was bigger but with a horrible matress, the second one a bit smaller but with a great bed. Some of the friends we were staying with complained about the very dirty floors and carpets, our rooms were just slightly unkempt. Rooms are serviced everyday. Pool is allright, the barbecue 'area' is just a table with a small barbecue and a large garbage container, not a pretty view. Reccomend the first floor rooms, they are a bit cooler than top floor. Right now they were undergoing some major renovation, perhaps thing will change.

Room Tip: first floor: cooler, pool view rooms and parking lot: noisy and hot. reccomend first floor with vie...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I wanted to take this oppertunity to thank you for providing us with your invauluable feedback. I am sorry we were not able to speak during your stay. As you mentioned the hotel has now under gone a rooms renovation. We look forward to seeing you again.
Bucuresti, Bucuresti, Romania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have reserved a two bedroom apt and when I arived here there was no one left and manager just said " Welcome to the real world!". We got a room with kitchen witch smels like garbage and everything is very dirty. Very dirty olso the pool and very small. The elvator is very dirty, the hall, the ice, the furniture. The worst stay ever.
Ashame Marriott Hotels.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Walter A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
please allow me to extend my sincere apology for your recent stay. I am sorry we did not get to meet during your stay. If there is ever anything my team or I may be of assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mt. Prospect
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I call it small home experience because we selected a studio room with a full kitchen. We wanted a room with a full kitchen because we wanted to cook our own food specially seafood like lobster and shrimp and fresh fish that we knew we would find in Miami and we were right. A minor disadvantage was the utensils in the kitchen were not complete. although they provided what I think was a service for three (correll) there was only one steak knife and this is supposedly to be used for cutting needs like splitting the lobster and onions and tomatoes and there was no cutting boards. It was like offering you the kitchen but do not use it! And the dining table is the same as the working table which is fine but with only one rolling chair my wife or I had to sit on the phone table beside the bed. One last thing but very important! It was difficult to find the address of the hotel because 36th St. becomes 41st St. halfway of the road going west.
Altogether, we will stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Studios like this is very rare at this price range
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Please except my apology for the city of Doral as they do not do a very good job of letting people know of the street change from 36th to Doral Blvd 41st Street. I do apologize for you not having enough utensiles in your kitchen and the inconvenience this may have caused.

Orchard Park, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We checked in late and couldn't wait to go to bed after a long ride from Orlando and a long flight from Buffalo. Upon entering our room we found that the room smelled bad. There was a smoke smell and a air cleaning machine in the room. Went down to the desk and was given a different room. The second room was much better but we couldn't find any sheets for the pull out couch. Ended up saying screw it and shared a bed.

The continental breakfast was ok but there was no place to eat inside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Please except our sincere apology for the inconvenience which we caused you. Thank you for high rating for my team members.

Sincerely.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We only stayed one night but this room was so comfortable, it would be great for a week. Full kitchen in every room, a comfortable bed and sitting area. Very clean. Convienent to the airport, but far enough away to be away from the noise of the airport. The staff were very friendly. Pet friendly for $100 service fee. Breakfast was a grab and go - no seating and very little variety. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind word regarding my team members and our hotel.

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area? Share your experiences!