“Nice hotel in Doral” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 129 hotels in Miami
Melbourne, Florida
“Nice hotel in Doral”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I happened to find this hotel because the other Marriotts were sold out one weekend. I had a pleasant experience, the staff wasn't the friendliest but the room was nice. Plenty of space to work and stretch out. Breakfast was less than to be desired but the rooms are geared towards the long term guests that will most likely make there eggs and bacon in their personal kitchens. The bed was a perfect Marriott bed and the Flat screen TVs were awesome with all HD channels. Internet was a bit slow. Was able to check email but couldn't stream netflix. If I'm in the area I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Reviews weren't great about this place but I liked it just fine. Staff weren't all super helpful although a couple of them were really nice. The playpen was set up in the room when we got there. Room was clean. Beds were very comfortable! Dolphin mall is nearby and the airport is close but I didn't hear any planes. I think it's best to get a car (we had one and got around fine). If I need more than one bedroom I think I'll most likely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This place delivers what any traveler would expect for the price, just a good night sleep. When we first checked in the person in the counter was courteous, as it is supposed to be, but never informed us of any of the amenities this hotel has.
One of us had to sleep in the sofa bed, we had a small two bedroom suites, and when ask the front desk person if the maid would go up (while we were out having diner) to have the sofa bed ready, we were told that we would have to do it ourselves, the climax came when I was going to make it and realized then there was nothing for the sofa bed, so I had to come down to the front desk and request all the necessary things (pillow, bedsheets, etc).
So, all travelers must understand that it is not an ***** Hotel, once that sinks in, everyone will realize it is a fair hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

The hotel has undergone significant renovations, which has helped improve its offering. The exterior still looks old and in need of updating. It's nice to have a kitchen, but it's not perfect. The rooms are close and you may hear your neighbors. The staff is very helpful and will do what they can to help you out.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Not that bad as I read, depend on the apartment you got. I changed the room twice, and I discovered that there are different types of apartments, so if you are unhappy with your room, try to change it, you'll be surprised. The clerks are helpful and polite, the hotel is close to the Dolphin Mall and Int'l Mall and not far away from the Airport, around 20 min. The cons: the cleaning is so and so, the breakfast is the same every day, the pool is tiny, the area is surrounded by warehouses...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I booked the hotel using points. I needed the room for one night after returning from a cruise. When we arrived at the hotel the Front desk agent was nice, but before checking he system she told me that it's too early to check in, she then looked into her computer and said I a have a "nice suite for you". The agent was nice, but did not bother informing me about any of the hotel amenities or telling me about the area. The initial impression of the hall ways was terrible. They were very dark and smelly. When we arrived at the room, we were disappointed to see how dated the furniture and the appliances were. The sofa bed was not made and did not have any pillows. The TV was old and had a large cable box on top of it. During our stay the AC went out. When I asked the front desk agent to get it fixed, she said that the maintenance guy was around, but she does not know where he is, she'll try to contact him, but if she cannot find him he'll fix it tomorrow. I explained to her that I needed to sleep and that I am leaving at 3:00 am the next morning and I needed it fixed. After few minutes, the gentleman who was very nice came to the room and got the Ac fixed. it' disappointing that the gentleman did not speak a word of English but insisted on telling me what he was trying to do. At 3;00 am when I went down to the lobby area to get a luggage car I asked the lady working overnight if we can get the grab and go breakfast for my kids since we are leaving early. She said "O.K." but had no idea what I was asking talking about. I also observed some people sitting in the lobby using the computer and blasting some music, it looked like they were friends of the employees. Sadly I cannot think of anything good to say about this hotel and don't let the Airport in the name fool you. The hotel is a good 20 minutes away form the airport.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Clifton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The studio had a kitchen, the bed were comfortable, and cleaned daily. It was enough for two people. We had a blast because we rented a car and drove everywhere. It was quiet, no one bothered us. Every morning I got a plastic bag to get the complimentary breakfast. The staff members were helpful as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Airport West / Doral Area? Share your experiences!