“Great property with a great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #68 of 122 Hotels in Miami
El Paso, Texas
“Great property with a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was my first time staying at a TownePlace Suites by Mariott and to say I was a bit worried upon entering the property would be an understatement. The reviews on here are definitely sub-par and certain things about the brand itself concerned me (especially the breakfast).

I am happy to say that our stay was very much enjoyable. The property is consisted of two buildings and I can at least say that the one we stayed in was kept up very well. It would appear that the property has and is currently going through renovations and upgrades of just about everything(there were some landscape contractors there during our stay). Some of the photos on here are very outdated (such as the ones with "dated" kitchen appliances). Upon entering our room, we were pleased to see it was rather spacious with a full kitchen (stove,microwave,full fridge,dishwasher, sink), queen bed, and couch with pull out bed. Kitchen was fully equipped with clean silverware and dishes including pots and pans. Bed was very comfortable and again it would appear that this hotel has most recently had a makeover. Everything in the bathroom from the flooring to the tub looked brand new as well. Long story short, we were very satisfied with the room aspect.

Now the breakfast... surprisingly good! As a frequent traveler I of course like to have a full breakfast with meats and eggs in the morning. TownePlace Suites does not offer that and it specifically states that within the brand profile. However, they do indeed provide a continental breakfast. And for being continental, I was very satisfied. Six cereals to choose from every morning, several varieties of instant oatmeal, milk cartons, yogurt, orange and apple juice, hard boiled eggs, bagels, English muffins with a variety of jams, bananas, and apples. So for a continental, this hotel does a fantastic job! I do wish that Marriott would offer more for this brand, but that is in no way the fault of the managers or staff here. The staff did a wonderful job keeping everything stocked with food.

One thing to note. This is an extended stay brand. So there are various guests whom are more like residents as they basically live here. During breakfast there were several kids getting ready for school but I did not find any one during the 5 days we were there disrespectful.

We didn't get a chance to hit the pool, but it looked just fine and clean. It is outdoors.

The gym has all brand new equipment which is a plus. Very small though, but each time I went no one was there, so no biggie.

The location is great. Just a few miles out of central Miami and located next to plenty of restaurants, malls, and a 24 hour CVS across the street. There is also a Winn Dixie a block away. Very peaceful location.

Overall, fantastic place to stay if you are looking to stay near Miami but want a little peace as well. Highly recommend for anyone who is looking for a place to stay for an extended period of time.

Room Tip: High Floors
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
hotelmanager8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your most recent stay a the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. I appreciate your feedback and will be sharing your comments with our team.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was a little worried about staying here when I read some of the reviews, but I needed a room close to the Golf Tournament in Doral and close to Shopping. Other hotels closer were either booked or way overpriced. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the room. It appeared to have been recently renovated. It had a bed, coach, kitchen, and desk area. The refrigerator was big and if you wanted to you could cook because the kitchen had a full stove. I know some people are real picky about the breakfast, I am not. I thought it was fine. The coffee was good. They had bagels, muffins, english muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereal and oatmeal. Again, I was ok with it, I understand others might want a bigger breakfast. The highway was right there so I was able to get everywhere I needed to. There were also some restaurants and stores right there. Since it wasn't a tourist area, the CVS had normal prices so it was great to be able to grab things I needed from there like water. So overall it's not the fanciest place, but I found it to be clean and roomy and for the price I was very happy.

Room Tip: There are two buildings, I'd stay in the one where the breakfast is served so you don't have...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your most recent stay at our location. On behalf of myself and my team I am very happy you enjoyed your time with us and I will be sharing your comments with my staff.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I was a bit underwhelmed by this property. It was a bit old but they were working on it. The breakfast was terrible. Very limited and a very small area. I was there for 4 days and every morning they could not keep the bar stocked or coffee made.
The staff were nice but not friendly. My key would not work on 3 different occasions and when I went to the desk they changed it out but never an apology. I thought it was odd. Also every time I went to the front desk the person running it was in the laundry room chatting with housekeeping.
The rooms were nice but oddly stocked, 3 glasses, 3 cups, no wine glasses and odd numbers of plates.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
hotelmanager8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for staying at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott and for sharing your feedback about your stay. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with our hotel team to immediately correct the issues you experienced during your stay. My apologies for any inconvenience. I appreciate the suggestion on adding wine glasses to the rooms as well. Thank you again for sharing your feedback
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The rooms were old, dirty and extremely smelly. It was discusting and it seemed that the whole hotel smelled and not only our room. It smelles like an old basement with old wet carpets.

The location was great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feeback on our hotel. I am very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. When you have a moment would you please contact the hotel at 305-512-9191 as I would like more specific feed back from you such as the room number or building location you are referencing so we may further investigate and correct the issue. Thank you.

Gurley, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Don't expect a large lobby because this hotel does not have one. Well they do but it's very small. Everything looks a little old and needs good cleaning and painting. The outside looks much better than the inside. Breakfast is not anything special and people seem to help themselves to bags full of yoghurt, milk, and other breakfast items. No one seemed to care.The staff though was very nice and helpful and the rooms were ok.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
hotelmanager8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. I will share your comments with my team regarding the service you receieved and your breakfast experience. This hotel is scheduled for improvement projects in 2014 which includes painting of the exterior of the building, in order to maintain a fresh product. Thank you again for staying with us.

Best Regards
Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed for two nights with my son between college semesters in early January for a break from the NJ cold.
I requested an early check-in and was disappointed when a room wasn't available at around 11:45 AM. I am a "Silver Elite Member" and assume that that should come with a few perks.
Once in the suite, I was impressed with its cleanliness and layout. There's a good-sized work area, small living area with sofa bed, and small kitchen with stove. The bed was very comfortable (my son got the sofa sleeper, and said it was comfortable enough as well).
The continental breakfast, although small, was better than I expected. I have been at Towneplace Suites where there is simply a selection of wrapped bars and muffins; this location has cereal, oatmeal, and bagels & muffins that can be toasted as well. Hot cocoa and fruit is also available.
The staff is friendly and pleasant, greeting all the guests with a "good morning, buenos dias" (it is, after all, Miami!).
The fitness center is adequate, with a treadmill, cycle, elliptical, and small selection of dumbbells. There is also a laundry room and small outdoor pool.
It's located within walking distance of a large strip mall with restaurants; a Publix is located a bit further away, but still in walking distance near "Main Street Miami Lakes". Nice location for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
hotelmanager8079, Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and will be sharing your comments with our staff. Thank you again, I look forward to your return visit.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Spacious rooms, comfortable bed, nice work area, full kitchen, nice area, plenty of parking and a helpful friendly staff. Recently remodeled to include a new breakfast room and very appealing decor. Now the bad news: Water was off the entire day right after I checked in. It flooded the new breakfast room so I can't comment on that...it's been closed. Well, a dip in the outdoor pool would cool me off...except that is closed too! I hate to complain when I really did have a comfortable stay, but really. It is December and that makes it tourist season. Shouldn't everything be at it's peak for the busy season? At least I have a nice view...of the parking lot. Almost forgot. They have a nice picnic area with a gas grill. (It worked!)

Room Tip: No real difference in the rooms. All are "parking lot view", All are large & comfortab...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!