“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 130 hotels in Miami
miami
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The place surprisingly descent. You get your moneys worth so do not expect anything luxurious. The rooms come with a convenient kitchenette fully stocked with pans and silverware. It really is a cute place to stay in the heart of Miami Lakes. Could use some updating though. Recommend it for traveling couples or small families but keep in mind it is at least a 35 minute drive to downtown Miami. Beds are SUPER comfy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
On behalf of the TownePlace Suites in Miami Lakes, thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and we very much hope to accomodate you again. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff.

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ocala, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Cant say enough about this Hotel , customer service is the best , location is ideal , walking distance to pharmacy , restaurants , gas station .Good housekeeping , no problem with check-in , free continental breakfast , heated pool , gym . I stay with my wife and my 2 kids ( 3 and 1 ) every time we are in Miami ( 4-5 times a year .

Room Tip: never had an Issue.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the TownePlace Suites. Comments like yours really are the reason we are in this industry. If we can ever assist you with your future reservations, please do not hesistate to contact us directly.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed there for a one month business trip. Location is perfect, next to lot of eating joints.
Rooms had enough space. Kitchenette was their. Queen size bed which was too soft to my liking but was not a deal breaker for me. Bathroom had all the necessary toiletries and they were replinished timely. Room Cleaning and Front Desk were exceptionally good. During my stay, WiFi was not working intially, but it was fixed on day 4. I was allowed to move to a room on the top floor after a week of my stay.

To summarise, this hotel is a good deal both money and location wise.

If you are looking for shopping areas and beaches than this is not the place to be. Though you may go for your morning exercise in nearby park which is delight.

Room Tip: Choose on the rooms on the top floors. Allows you to sleep and keep noises from boarders above you a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at TownePlace Suites with TripAdvisor. It is always great to hear positive reviews especially for our associates. Thank you.

Hialeah, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Can't say enough about my peaceful time spent at this location.

Excellent staff. Requested "Do Not Disturb", hang items on door, no problem. Requested additional items after my stay was extended, promptly brought, again no problem. No problems with check-in, check-out (or times), booking.

Management onsite and available if necessary, daytime. Don't know about nights. Wasn't needed for my stay in either case, but the greeting was nice.

Clean, quiet, cool room. Laundry room (supplies available), breakfast room (free continental), pool area clean.

Wireless internet w/o problem, didn't upgrade from free. Computer w/printer available in the lobby.

Close to main roads, but quiet location. Near grocery store if you want to put the kitchen in your room to use, near Starbucks and restaurants if you don't.

Recommended.

Room Tip: Tip: A map was shown/given to me, so I'd know my way around. If not offered, ask beforehand: You...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank You for your comments on TripAdvisor. I know our staff always enjoy hearing the positive comments and I will be sure to pass your comments along. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your visit.

Chandler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

First time writing a review and doing so because I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Location – Perfect...near freeway access and lots of places nearby. CVS and strip mall across street. Larger strip mall ½ mile down the block ½ mile (recommend Anthony’s Coal Fried Pizza).

Room – size was fine. We had queen bed with pullout sofa. Rooms were clean, heard no noise and no issues with any smells. Internet worked fine. Used basic free first 3 days for web browsing and emails. Wanted to stream video and paid the $4.95 upgrade the final night and no issues at all.

Breakfast – Hotel has a basic continental breakfast which consisted of cereal, muffins, bagels, English muffins, oatmeal yogurt, fruit and most importantly, fresh coffee.

Staff – Saved the best for last. Staff was excellent. They were extremely friendly, and always super helpful. I left my phone charger at previous hotel and they lent me a charger to use during my stay. I enjoyed my baseball conversations with Danny.

I would stay again without hesitation. The value for the price was great. THANK YOU for making my trip to Miami a pleasant one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to pass along your thoughts to Danny. I know he very much enjoys his converstations with our guests. If any of us can assist you down the road, please feel free to call us directly.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Have stayed several times in the past; friendly helpful stay, fast check in. Located in a quiet part of town. Breakfast is very simple but enough for the day. Rooms are spacious but agree that some extra insulation between walls might be helpful. Full kitchen in each guestroom. Overall is a great hotel that would highly recommend to anyone who wants to go for business / shopping in the Doral area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank You for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Comments always help us improve the service that we provide our guests. If I can assist you in future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at the property.
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Every time I visit Miami, my family and I ALWAYS stay here. We usually book the two room suite and I must say they are great in size. Plush beds and pillows, TVs in each room and the living room area, and the bathroom is a good size. Not many bad things I can say except for the fact they only have one dolly. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Corner suites are best in my opinion..not much foot traffic
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank You for sharing your experience at the TowenPlace Suites in Miami Lakes. We are always encourged by our guest feedback. I will share your comments with our associates in our breakroom. If there is anything I can do to assist you with your return trip, please dont hesistate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Hospitability,

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!