“My go to hotel in Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #76 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Nassau, New Providence Island
“My go to hotel in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Every time I visit Miami, my family and I ALWAYS stay here. We usually book the two room suite and I must say they are great in size. Plush beds and pillows, TVs in each room and the living room area, and the bathroom is a good size. Not many bad things I can say except for the fact they only have one dolly. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Corner suites are best in my opinion..not much foot traffic
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank You for sharing your experience at the TowenPlace Suites in Miami Lakes. We are always encourged by our guest feedback. I will share your comments with our associates in our breakroom. If there is anything I can do to assist you with your return trip, please dont hesistate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Hospitability,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Daraga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I worked all night and slept during the day. The building I was in seemed to be quiet most of the time, I never was awakened because of noise. The room was clean and comfortable. I never tried the laundry, free breakfast nor exercise room so I can't be much help there. There were some problems with the internet, and when I complained, the manager offered to move me to an upgraded room in the other building, but they were resolved in a few days, and later a new, faster system was installed. Parking area seems to be lacking. Good location with a small mall across the street and another just down the street. I would have no problem staying at this hotel should I return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write on trip advisor. It is all comments that we use to continue to improve our product. I will make sure to pass along you positive comments to our staff who will continue to grow from positive reviews.
We absolutely enjoyed having you as our guest during your business trip in Miami. If we can do anything else for you, please don't hesistate to contact me directly at the hotel.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

It's 350 in the AM, the screaming kids (playing not crying) down the hall stopped about an hour ago thanks to a noise complaint, but the walls are so thin every sound carries. People are outside yelling with no regard for others. I hear every activity on this floor. This is not the direct fault of the hotel but the thin walls exacerbate this problem. The carpeted floors in the stairwells were horribly dirty, they were cleaned during my weeklong stay but they had gotten bad enough to note here. I went to "breakfast" at 830 am only to find bananas, milk, and cold cereal. No oatmeal, yogurt, boiled eggs, or anything else a you would expect from a normal continental breakfast. I am normally Marriott loyal, and I have stayed at other Townehome Suites in the past, but unfortunately this hotel does not live up to the standards I have come to expect from Any Marriott hotel. I should note the staff was very professional and courteous. Also the Internet is a tiered pay for speed system.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a quiet area?
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for your time in mentioning TownePlace Suites in Miami Lakes on Trip Advisor. First I would like to thank you for mentioning the "professional and courteous" staff. We have a great staff at this proprerty that really work to make each guest stay as great as possible. As you have noticed, we have just recently upgraded our high speed interent service. Our current service is more the 2x's faster than our previous service. We also now offer, as you mentioned a tiered service that is 10x's faster and is complimentary for our Marriott Gold and Platinum Elite Members. This is the new standard for TownePlace Suites. I do apologize if we were missing a few items in our breakfast. I will speak directly with our staff to ensure that our breakfast in not short on any of the items that we offer.
Again, thank you for your comments.
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've driven by these hotels many times. They look nice, on the lines of a Residence Inn. Boy, was I surprised. I had a late arrival into this Miami suburb, so I assumed I should go the safe route... a Marriott property. Not anywhere near the level of most Hampton's or Holiday Inn's I've been to lately. Dirty and outdated. There were women's underwear hanging in our shower. The "breakfast" is coffee, granola bars and cereal with no where to sit. I will assume this is their standard and never stay in a TP Suites again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for responding on trip advisor. On behalf of Marriott and the TownePlace Suites in Miami Lakes, I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We are always looking for areas to be able to improve our service to our guests and your feedback is a valuable too.
You are correct regarding the TownePlace Suites breakfast. Our standard is a Continental breakfast. As we offer a full kitchen in every suite, at the time of your stay, we did not have a breakfast room.
As Marriott recognizes the ever changing market, as you may have noticed, we were still finishing our renovation. A portion of this renovation is to build a new breakfast area where our guests will be able to sit and relax.

Sincerly,
Noblesville, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked this hotel because of the somewhat reasonable rate for a 3 night stay in Miami. I'm disappointed in the internet connection. Even though I am on vacation I am doing bits of work along the way. Connecting to my work VPN was impossible. I had to go to the Starbucks across the street to connect to work.

I agree with another reviewer that the room has the distinct smell of a former smoking room. There is really no way to get rid of it unless you remove the carpet and do a complete revamp of the room. I had to open the window each night to deal with it.

The bottom line is that the room did have a pull out couch for our boy but did not include blankets so I picked a few up at the office, The room was reasonably clean but somewhat small. it has a fridge, utensils and plates. Most of the things you would expect for over 120 per night.

However, we stayed in a 5 star hotel on the way down for less than 100. I know this is a suburb of Miami, but really! I give a a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10, We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you just need a roof over you head and a bite of food in the morning this is the hotel for you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Hello and thank you for your response. I am sorry that you were not able to connect to the internet. As a result of our guest feedback, we are actually in the process of upgrading our internet to a 20MB ciircuit. This work is estimated to be completed in Jan 2013.
I also read that your room had a smell of smoke in the room. Like all Marriotts, we are a smoke free facilty and we do charge a $250 fee for anyone smoking in the room.
We do inspect our rooms daily before allowing a guest to check in, we also use special products that will remove the smell of smoke by adding Ozone into the room.
Again, my apologizes for any inconvenience.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've stayed at this location twice. Once in Dec 2011 with family and in Nov 2012 by myself.
The hotel could use a little freshing the furniture and decor is getting a little tired and dated. The rooms are a fine size (regular room in Nov '12, 2-bedroom suite in Dec '11).
The hotel seams to draw a lot of Landscapping businesses. Both times I was there, the parking lot was full of "work" trucks. The parking lot is EXTREMELY tight for anything over a compact car, so these trucks sometimes take up two spaces.

The "breakfast" provided is really just Cereals, Yogurt, Muffins, Apples and Bannanas with Milk and Coffee. It's grab and go, there is not really any space to sit and eat. There is a great little sandwich shop across the street, I highly recomend it to anyone staying here.

Overall, I would consider this hotel again if they freshened up a bit.

Room Tip: The "other side" of the hotel (behind the office) has more parking and is usually less cro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond and choosing the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Our customer feedback is very important to us and allows us to grow every day.
I would like to address a few of your comments.
In response to previous guest feedback we are actually in the process of building an actuall breakfast rooms that our guests will be able to sit and relax at. This is currently in process and we hope to have completed by Mid Jan 2013.
The numerous trucks that we have in front are actually a large lont term group that we have styaing with us. As we are designed for the long term guest, this is an ideal place for this group to stay.
I know sometimes it can be confusing to our guests to tell apart. Our landscaping company only comes once every 3 weeks and looks like a typical landscaper truck.
Again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this review at 5am on my first night stay at the town suites miami lakes ((guest in room 331). I had called the hotel three time prior to arrival to confirm that we would definitely be given a crib on arrival as we were traveling with a noe month old baby.

After arriving at the hotel from a twelve hour long journey we were told that no crib could be provided tonight. I have spent all night just watching my daughter sleep on the bed for fear of her crawling off the bed (as she starts crawling as soon as she wakes up without crying). Also we had explained to them on the phone that another reason we new the crib guarantees is because our daughter has to sleep on an incline and kne can raise one en of the crib with books or blankets while impossible to do realistically with a bed. As a result she has spent half the night struggling to sleep.

In hindsight I should have listened to all the poor reviews and not stayed here. Also for families there are bouts of large external noise every hour or so which can wake up light little sleepers.

I am checked in here for five additional nights an unless I'm given a crib by nine am before our daughters first nap I am checking out and moving my reservation to another hotel that can provide us with a crib.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accomodate your request for a crib on your first night. We do try to accomodate all of our guest requests whenever possible. Unfortunately, this time we were unable to do so as all of our cribs were already in use.
I do see that you actually did stay the entire 6 nights, so I am glad that we were able to get you a crib as soon as it became available.
Best Regards,

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!