“Did not realize Marriott had stooped so low.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #82 of 129 Hotels in Miami
chicago
“Did not realize Marriott had stooped so low.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've driven by these hotels many times. They look nice, on the lines of a Residence Inn. Boy, was I surprised. I had a late arrival into this Miami suburb, so I assumed I should go the safe route... a Marriott property. Not anywhere near the level of most Hampton's or Holiday Inn's I've been to lately. Dirty and outdated. There were women's underwear hanging in our shower. The "breakfast" is coffee, granola bars and cereal with no where to sit. I will assume this is their standard and never stay in a TP Suites again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Good afternoon and thank you for responding on trip advisor. On behalf of Marriott and the TownePlace Suites in Miami Lakes, I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We are always looking for areas to be able to improve our service to our guests and your feedback is a valuable too.
You are correct regarding the TownePlace Suites breakfast. Our standard is a Continental breakfast. As we offer a full kitchen in every suite, at the time of your stay, we did not have a breakfast room.
As Marriott recognizes the ever changing market, as you may have noticed, we were still finishing our renovation. A portion of this renovation is to build a new breakfast area where our guests will be able to sit and relax.

Sincerly,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Noblesville, Indiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked this hotel because of the somewhat reasonable rate for a 3 night stay in Miami. I'm disappointed in the internet connection. Even though I am on vacation I am doing bits of work along the way. Connecting to my work VPN was impossible. I had to go to the Starbucks across the street to connect to work.

I agree with another reviewer that the room has the distinct smell of a former smoking room. There is really no way to get rid of it unless you remove the carpet and do a complete revamp of the room. I had to open the window each night to deal with it.

The bottom line is that the room did have a pull out couch for our boy but did not include blankets so I picked a few up at the office, The room was reasonably clean but somewhat small. it has a fridge, utensils and plates. Most of the things you would expect for over 120 per night.

However, we stayed in a 5 star hotel on the way down for less than 100. I know this is a suburb of Miami, but really! I give a a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10, We would not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you just need a roof over you head and a bite of food in the morning this is the hotel for you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Hello and thank you for your response. I am sorry that you were not able to connect to the internet. As a result of our guest feedback, we are actually in the process of upgrading our internet to a 20MB ciircuit. This work is estimated to be completed in Jan 2013.
I also read that your room had a smell of smoke in the room. Like all Marriotts, we are a smoke free facilty and we do charge a $250 fee for anyone smoking in the room.
We do inspect our rooms daily before allowing a guest to check in, we also use special products that will remove the smell of smoke by adding Ozone into the room.
Again, my apologizes for any inconvenience.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've stayed at this location twice. Once in Dec 2011 with family and in Nov 2012 by myself.
The hotel could use a little freshing the furniture and decor is getting a little tired and dated. The rooms are a fine size (regular room in Nov '12, 2-bedroom suite in Dec '11).
The hotel seams to draw a lot of Landscapping businesses. Both times I was there, the parking lot was full of "work" trucks. The parking lot is EXTREMELY tight for anything over a compact car, so these trucks sometimes take up two spaces.

The "breakfast" provided is really just Cereals, Yogurt, Muffins, Apples and Bannanas with Milk and Coffee. It's grab and go, there is not really any space to sit and eat. There is a great little sandwich shop across the street, I highly recomend it to anyone staying here.

Overall, I would consider this hotel again if they freshened up a bit.

Room Tip: The "other side" of the hotel (behind the office) has more parking and is usually less cro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond and choosing the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Our customer feedback is very important to us and allows us to grow every day.
I would like to address a few of your comments.
In response to previous guest feedback we are actually in the process of building an actuall breakfast rooms that our guests will be able to sit and relax at. This is currently in process and we hope to have completed by Mid Jan 2013.
The numerous trucks that we have in front are actually a large lont term group that we have styaing with us. As we are designed for the long term guest, this is an ideal place for this group to stay.
I know sometimes it can be confusing to our guests to tell apart. Our landscaping company only comes once every 3 weeks and looks like a typical landscaper truck.
Again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this review at 5am on my first night stay at the town suites miami lakes ((guest in room 331). I had called the hotel three time prior to arrival to confirm that we would definitely be given a crib on arrival as we were traveling with a noe month old baby.

After arriving at the hotel from a twelve hour long journey we were told that no crib could be provided tonight. I have spent all night just watching my daughter sleep on the bed for fear of her crawling off the bed (as she starts crawling as soon as she wakes up without crying). Also we had explained to them on the phone that another reason we new the crib guarantees is because our daughter has to sleep on an incline and kne can raise one en of the crib with books or blankets while impossible to do realistically with a bed. As a result she has spent half the night struggling to sleep.

In hindsight I should have listened to all the poor reviews and not stayed here. Also for families there are bouts of large external noise every hour or so which can wake up light little sleepers.

I am checked in here for five additional nights an unless I'm given a crib by nine am before our daughters first nap I am checking out and moving my reservation to another hotel that can provide us with a crib.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that we were not able to accomodate your request for a crib on your first night. We do try to accomodate all of our guest requests whenever possible. Unfortunately, this time we were unable to do so as all of our cribs were already in use.
I do see that you actually did stay the entire 6 nights, so I am glad that we were able to get you a crib as soon as it became available.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

First of all the smell was awfull!!!! We try everything possible to mask it but no success... The carpet was filty. Walking around the room barefoot I ended up with socks so dirty I threw them straight into the garbage. There was a water leak , which didn't help the smell. I felt disgusted to even be there. So I try to come in only to sleep.Half way to our trip we moved to a much much nicer, less expensive hotel, closer to the beach, clean, smell free, with a restaurant, room service and one I will be retuning to.
I will not be staying there EVER again, I will make sure to tell everyone I know about it so they can avoid it as well. Horrible hotel! I felt as if I was in a third world country instead of USA

• Stayed September 2012
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. I am sorry to hear that your stay at our property was not up to your expectations.
A member of the leadership team does inspect all rooms for cleanliness and odors on a daily basis. As we continue to work on improvements, I would like the opportuinty to review your room for myself so I may address the concerns you noted in your review.
Please feel free to contact me directly thru the hotel.

Mike
Augusta, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Me and my brother stayed here because of how close it was to Miami and Hollywood, Florida. Traffic getting in and out of the hotel was minimal and easy to navigate. This hotel didn't disappoint. The staff was very courteous and helped us in any way they could. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I was traveling to this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our associates. It truly does improve our Guest interaction when they recevie such positive feedback.
If I can assist you in future reservations, please do not hesistate to contact the hotel directly.

Mike
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here one before and back then it was very nice. So fast forward a few years later we decide to stay again its interior had been worn down some! The room was clean but it needed updating! The 2nd night the door wasn't working with the keys so we had to enter through the far side of the building which was inconvienent and a security hazard because we noticed that the guest propped the door open so they could get in and out and everybody else! Then the same night I get up in the night to use the bathroom and there's no power! So after stomping my toe a few times feeling my way to the bathroom I knock my babies' playpen and wake her up. So now I have a screaming baby no lights & about to pee on my damn self & no way to warm her milk to calm her down! Needless to say it was a long night!

• Stayed February 2012
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. I wanted to let you know that I am working on your concerns to address these problems.
I wanted to make you aware that with our scheduled upcoming renovation and new leadership at this property, we will have this property back to the way you remember it from your previous trip.
I look forward to you next stay and please feel free to ask for the General Manager next time you are in town.
Best Regards,

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!