“I was extremely dissatisfied” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #82 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“I was extremely dissatisfied”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

First of all the smell was awfull!!!! We try everything possible to mask it but no success... The carpet was filty. Walking around the room barefoot I ended up with socks so dirty I threw them straight into the garbage. There was a water leak , which didn't help the smell. I felt disgusted to even be there. So I try to come in only to sleep.Half way to our trip we moved to a much much nicer, less expensive hotel, closer to the beach, clean, smell free, with a restaurant, room service and one I will be retuning to.
I will not be staying there EVER again, I will make sure to tell everyone I know about it so they can avoid it as well. Horrible hotel! I felt as if I was in a third world country instead of USA

• Stayed September 2012
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. I am sorry to hear that your stay at our property was not up to your expectations.
A member of the leadership team does inspect all rooms for cleanliness and odors on a daily basis. As we continue to work on improvements, I would like the opportuinty to review your room for myself so I may address the concerns you noted in your review.
Please feel free to contact me directly thru the hotel.

Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Augusta, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Me and my brother stayed here because of how close it was to Miami and Hollywood, Florida. Traffic getting in and out of the hotel was minimal and easy to navigate. This hotel didn't disappoint. The staff was very courteous and helped us in any way they could. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I was traveling to this area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our associates. It truly does improve our Guest interaction when they recevie such positive feedback.
If I can assist you in future reservations, please do not hesistate to contact the hotel directly.

Mike
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here one before and back then it was very nice. So fast forward a few years later we decide to stay again its interior had been worn down some! The room was clean but it needed updating! The 2nd night the door wasn't working with the keys so we had to enter through the far side of the building which was inconvienent and a security hazard because we noticed that the guest propped the door open so they could get in and out and everybody else! Then the same night I get up in the night to use the bathroom and there's no power! So after stomping my toe a few times feeling my way to the bathroom I knock my babies' playpen and wake her up. So now I have a screaming baby no lights & about to pee on my damn self & no way to warm her milk to calm her down! Needless to say it was a long night!

• Stayed February 2012
hotelmanager8079, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns. I wanted to let you know that I am working on your concerns to address these problems.
I wanted to make you aware that with our scheduled upcoming renovation and new leadership at this property, we will have this property back to the way you remember it from your previous trip.
I look forward to you next stay and please feel free to ask for the General Manager next time you are in town.
Berlin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I booked this hotel, because the Miami area was where we would stay the longest during our three week road trip and my three teenage kids and I were bound to want some home-cooked meals and other comforts by the time we got to this place. I probably could not have made many worse choices:

The kitchen had a full set of appliances, including microwave, stove, oven, fridge, dishwasher and toaster, but they must have been bought at a junk yard before the Vietnam war. I was actually reluctant to use the stove for fear the rickety burner spirals would kick the boiling tea water on my feet. And then the household items! We had three sets of dinner- and flatware plus two pots, a pan, a can opener and a ladle, that's it. I asked the front desk every day to complete the sets for a family of FOUR, and each day we might get an additional mug or knife, but until the last day, we still had to eat in shifts.

We had the same problem with the linens, two towels were missing, a blanket, and sheets for the sleeper sofa. Again I requested them at the front desk and asked for a blanket that matched the serviceable comforter on the queen bed but I was told that no more than one of those was given out per room, I could only have the type of polyester blanket, that you can get for a dollar fifty at Woolworth and that smells like a boys locker room after the first use. In the end we had an additional blanket and a spare FITTED sheet but were still missing the flat one.

But the blanket - which at least on the first day still smelled better than the room itself - was the least of the problems with the sofa bed. The mattress was about two inches thin and essentially a square of springs in a polyester bag. You could count the metal rings with your naked eye, but to appreciate them fully, you just had to try sleeping on this contraption! After a night of feeling like a fakir, we decided to sleep on the floor instead.

The back pain darkened mood doesn't get any better in the mornings when the (shower-) water is hard enough to make your hair look and feel like straw, the breakfast consists of packaged muffins, cereal, yoghourt and weak coffee and the wifi is so slow that an internationally roaming smartphone shows you your email faster.

Was there anything positive about our stay? Maybe that the front desk was friendly and did try to help, no matter how incapable their housekeeping turned out to be - at least the clogged toilet was taken care of the day we reported it and the room was clean. And yes, there is an Einstein Bagel store directly across the street.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, make sure you don't have to sleep on the sofa bed and you don't in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for writing your comments. This is a valuable tool that allows us to get better. I am sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay. I would love the opportunity to discuss with you further at your earliest convienence.
Please feel free to contact me at tps.miats.gm@marriott.com

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights, July 13th and 14th. The place was in desperate need of updating! Also, the ice maker in the refrigerator didn't work and it was leaking water in the kitchen area and onto the carpet. The mildew smell was so bad it was hard to stay in the room for very long. We asked to change rooms, but unfortunately they were sold out. Unless Marriott does something about this property we will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for addressing your concerns with us. I do apologize for the moisture and the carpet during your stay. Your feedback is very important to me.
In regards to your concerns during your stay I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at tps.miats.gm@marriott.com.
Menomonie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The room was a surprise. Appliances were full size in the kitchenette, including the dishwasher. Even had a light on in the room waiting for us to enter. Air was even on, I know, surprising in a room in July in Florida, but it's true. The breakfast was grab and good but was just fine for us. Couldn't find a sheet for the pull out but worked through that.

Room Tip: Great rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank You for your comments, I will share them with our associates.

Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

The rooms have a kitchenette super comfortable and clean pool is not to big but everything else is great

• Stayed May 2012
, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to Miami.

Best regards,

Been to TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!