“Friendly and helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Friendly and helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The staff at this hotel is awesome! My check-in was very efficient and welcoming after a long day of air and ground travel. The front desk was very helpful in recommending to us a great place for dinner within walking distance (Nunzio's), and another place for drinks afterward. The property and my room were clean and updated, and the location is very convenient with easy access to Florida's Turnpike and stores/restaurants.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear MRH137,
Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for recognizing our team members, we are very proud of our staff, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.
Tulio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Friendly and very professional front desk staff. Rooms including the bathroom were very clean and neat. Large room with desk, couch, small refregerator and micro wave. Good location right off the Florida Turnpike.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Robert H,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review, we hope you will return soon.
Newark, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Being my first business trip after a terrible experience at another hotel chain (which I will not be so harsh as to name), needless to say I was paranoid and nervous about going to my next business trip and staying at another hotel. Well, I must say, the Comfort Suites in Miami definitely helped me get over my paranoia. It was clean, looks brand new when you walk in. Smells good, not just like they through a febreeze or potpourri over the scent of the place (which I have encountered in other places and I can't stand that smell! (It's like it's trying to smell decent but doesn't make the cut)
Anyway, the personnel was very kind and funny too! They were so courteous to tell me of the best restaurants in the area and helpful at all times. I especially found Tulio Espinal to be a great host. I would walk in everyday after a long day of work and he always had a smile and make me smile with kind words or ask how my day was (which is just simply nice to hear, when you travel as much as I do).
You will definitely be satisfied with your stay at this Comfort Suites if you stay in Miami. Oh, and I think it is pretty affordable, because my company has a limited budget and they booked me there, so it couldn't have been too pricy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear VIP20142014,
Thank you so much for the kind words, we are happy you stayed with us, we want to thank the person who made your reservation for you to stay with us and hope you will return soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was visiting Miami to attended my son's freshman orientation at FIU(Florida International University) and glad I picked the Comfort Suites at Miami-Kendall. The hotel was conveniently located to the school(just over a mile away) and a short drive to numerous restaurants and stores. Although, those without a vehicle would be able to walk also, as there were many places close by. Check in was quick and painless and I was even given a Hershey Bar with a label customized with my name, nice touch! Despite the hotel being situated at a very busy intersection, our room was very quiet. The Hotel was very well kept as was our room which had two comfortable double beds, a flat screen tv, microwave and a small fridge, iron and board. The bathroom was very clean and updated. There were plenty of a/c outlets to charge all the electronic devices we all travel with these days. The only negative about the room was the air conditioning unit. The temps were quite high during our stay in Miami, and the unit was not doing that great a job and we had to lower the setting quite a bit. It wasn't terrible though! One strange thing to note, when we returned to our room after spending the day at FIU, there was a running fan placed in the room next to the air conditioning unit. Don't know why and never inquired about it. Oh yeah, they also provide a free breakfast which should be sufficient for most, bacon and eggs, make your own waffles, cereal, coffee and many other items. It was nice that the breakfast area was large and separated, so we didn't feel like we were eating in the lobby. All in all, it was an excellent stay and we were very satisfied. They have an outdoor pool, but didn't have time to take a swim, it looked clean and refreshing. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to FIU.

Green Features: They have a policy of not replacing the bath towels unless requested. (leave towel hanging on hook if no need to replace, place on floor if you want a fresh towel)
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Surfside 74,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review.
The A/C unit in the Junior Suites you stayed in has been replaced, the reason for the fan was because said A/C unit was malfunctioning, taken care of. We hope to see you again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It had been almost two years since I had been to Miami and to my favorite hotel Comfort Suites on Bird Road. WOW! the hotel looks really good, all new furniture and bedding, a little kiosk in the lobby with sodas, ice cream, chips, candy and more. And more importantly the staff, they are great and is no wonder they are led by Tulio who you can find every morning greeting guests and asking about their stay, where else do you see a GM doing that?
Thank you all for another great stay.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms facing south
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Robert K,
Thank you as always for the nice comments and for coming back to stay with us
It was wondeerful to host you again, we hope to see you again soon.
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stay at this hotel about 3 times a month for a night at a time and find it to be a very good value. It's clean and well run. Desk staff are friendly. FIU and Dolphin mall are very near by which is very convenient.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear frank D,
It is always a pleasure to host you., Thank you for being such a loyal guest, see you soon!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stay at this location each and every time we visit Miami. It has always been a perfect stay. There is never anything to complain about. I think, if you looked hard to try and find a problem, you would be wasting time because you will not find one here.
The rooms are always clean. This visit we noticed they have updated the rooms which is nice. The beds are always extremely comfortable. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Although we did not request it we happen to get a room right near the laundry room on the 4th floor which was very convenient for us. With young children, dirty clothes and beach towels, I did laundry each of the 4 nights we stayed. The complimentary breakfast is always nice.
I give this property a 5 star and look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Fl0r1dal0v3r,
It was wonderful to host you again, we are glad you liked the renovations, we like it a lot!
Thank you again for your loyalty and for the very nice comments, we look forward to your next visit with us.
ALL THE BEST!
Tulio

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!