“Great location and value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 129 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great location and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Was visiting Miami to attended my son's freshman orientation at FIU(Florida International University) and glad I picked the Comfort Suites at Miami-Kendall. The hotel was conveniently located to the school(just over a mile away) and a short drive to numerous restaurants and stores. Although, those without a vehicle would be able to walk also, as there were many places close by. Check in was quick and painless and I was even given a Hershey Bar with a label customized with my name, nice touch! Despite the hotel being situated at a very busy intersection, our room was very quiet. The Hotel was very well kept as was our room which had two comfortable double beds, a flat screen tv, microwave and a small fridge, iron and board. The bathroom was very clean and updated. There were plenty of a/c outlets to charge all the electronic devices we all travel with these days. The only negative about the room was the air conditioning unit. The temps were quite high during our stay in Miami, and the unit was not doing that great a job and we had to lower the setting quite a bit. It wasn't terrible though! One strange thing to note, when we returned to our room after spending the day at FIU, there was a running fan placed in the room next to the air conditioning unit. Don't know why and never inquired about it. Oh yeah, they also provide a free breakfast which should be sufficient for most, bacon and eggs, make your own waffles, cereal, coffee and many other items. It was nice that the breakfast area was large and separated, so we didn't feel like we were eating in the lobby. All in all, it was an excellent stay and we were very satisfied. They have an outdoor pool, but didn't have time to take a swim, it looked clean and refreshing. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to FIU.

Green Features: They have a policy of not replacing the bath towels unless requested. (leave towel hanging on hook if no need to replace, place on floor if you want a fresh towel)
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Surfside 74,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review.
The A/C unit in the Junior Suites you stayed in has been replaced, the reason for the fan was because said A/C unit was malfunctioning, taken care of. We hope to see you again soon.

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It had been almost two years since I had been to Miami and to my favorite hotel Comfort Suites on Bird Road. WOW! the hotel looks really good, all new furniture and bedding, a little kiosk in the lobby with sodas, ice cream, chips, candy and more. And more importantly the staff, they are great and is no wonder they are led by Tulio who you can find every morning greeting guests and asking about their stay, where else do you see a GM doing that?
Thank you all for another great stay.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms facing south
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Robert K,
Thank you as always for the nice comments and for coming back to stay with us
It was wondeerful to host you again, we hope to see you again soon.
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stay at this hotel about 3 times a month for a night at a time and find it to be a very good value. It's clean and well run. Desk staff are friendly. FIU and Dolphin mall are very near by which is very convenient.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear frank D,
It is always a pleasure to host you., Thank you for being such a loyal guest, see you soon!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stay at this location each and every time we visit Miami. It has always been a perfect stay. There is never anything to complain about. I think, if you looked hard to try and find a problem, you would be wasting time because you will not find one here.
The rooms are always clean. This visit we noticed they have updated the rooms which is nice. The beds are always extremely comfortable. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Although we did not request it we happen to get a room right near the laundry room on the 4th floor which was very convenient for us. With young children, dirty clothes and beach towels, I did laundry each of the 4 nights we stayed. The complimentary breakfast is always nice.
I give this property a 5 star and look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Fl0r1dal0v3r,
It was wonderful to host you again, we are glad you liked the renovations, we like it a lot!
Thank you again for your loyalty and for the very nice comments, we look forward to your next visit with us.
ALL THE BEST!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Oh My just walking into the hotel I couldn't believe the smell of nothing! No smell at all means clean to me. I booked a room at another chain hotel that was not fit for my standards and drove further south and found this hotel. This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in. I will return and will tell my friends to stay at this hotel when visiting Miami.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Judith A,
Thank you so much!
We are so glad you stayed with us and thank you for the very nice review, we look forward to your next visit with us. All the best!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was a good choice, glad I paid attention to Trip Advisor when I booked this. We stayed for 3 nights. This is a good location, fairly close to Dolphin Mall and lots of other options. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Very nice staff, too. Breakfast was fine, and beds were comfortable. Was also very satisfied with low noise level, even though we were right next to the elevators, no noise issues at all. Great job CS!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TulioFL086, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Mitravelers 4,
Thank you very much for very nice review and of course Thank you for staying with us, we depend on guests like you to help us let others know about us, your comments are greatly appreciated, we hope to see you gain soon!
Brentwood, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I booked the stay for my sons college orientation. We traveled from NY. The front desk was very knowledgeable and professional. Especially Manny and Aida. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The rooms were clean the beds and pillows were super comfortable !!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Kdizzle37,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for recognizing our team members, we are very proud of our staff, our goal is always to provide a welcoming atmosphere and make our guests as comfortable as it is possible,we look forward to your next visit. Again, on behalf of Manny, Aida and the rest of the Staff, Thank You.
Tulio

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!