“Nice place away from the hype” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice place away from the hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nice looking hotel. Most the staff were friendly. Although not as I expected when checking in. May be I wasn't dressed as smart as the other guests (shorts and tee shirt).

Room was a nice size. The bed was huge which I really liked, slept well. Big TV, decent bathroom.

Included free parking however spaces directly in front of the hotel were limited as full if you got back late.
Te gym was good, cable machines, treadmill and cross trainer.

Not a lot near by, ideally you would need a car to get around.

Would defiantly look at this hotel again when I go back to Miami.

• Stayed February 2013
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hello Chou1983,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
Please accept our apologies for not making you feel as welcome, believe me, we were very happy to have you stay with us, shorts and tee-shirt are expected, sunny Miami, we certainly hope that we see you again soon, relaxed as it should be.
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate it.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Oostende
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is a very good option for staying a few days in Miami and discover greater miami and the beaches. It has a very good location with restaurant options and supermarket on walking distance. Very good service and friendly staff! The rooms are very spacious and clean. Breakfast was ok. Everything OK!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Mookos,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, we hope you will visit again soon.
Tulio.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

i was helped since choosing a car rental company, to places where i could eat, drink, buy and have fun. The attendants are most atencious and prepared for any kind of doubt, and they do their best to help you.

Fui ajudado desde a escolha de uma cia para aluguel de carro, ate lugares aonde eu poderia ir para comer, beber, fazer compras ou me divertir. As (os) atendentes são muitissimo atenciosos e preparados para que resolver qualquer questao, e farao o possivel para lhe ajudar.

• Stayed February 2013
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are grateful you took the time to write a review of our property, we appreciate the kind words and we hope you will visit again soon.
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My room at the Comfort Suites was spacious, immaculately clean and well-appointed. The bed was comfortable. The checkout time (noon) was nice compared to the often-seen 11 am checkout at many hotels now. The bilingual staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was actually pretty good, as hotel continental breakfasts go. At $130 for the night, it wasn't super cheap but you will get an excellent experience for the money, especially considering the typical prices for other hotels in Miami.

Food options in the immediately walkable area are limited. There is a gas station/convenience store next door as well as a Burger King.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear SteamRabbit,
Thank so much for writing a review of your recent stay with us, I have shared it with our staff and we are all grateful, we hope to see you again soon.
Please know that there is a great variety of small-family owned restaurants on Bird Road, really worth trying, not only Cuban cuisine but from all over Latin America, from an Argentinian steak house to a Peruvian seafood restaurant and many, many more.
Again, on behalf of the entire staff: Thank You.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel is probably the best there is in the Miami-Kendall area, its near airport, beach, and dolphin and international mall. The hotel is very nice in the inside perfect for a comfortable and enjoyable stay for anyone. The best thing however I have to say about this hotel is about the service. The people that work in this hotel are so friendly and nice they really know how to make you feel at home. When I left my keys inside my car and was alone and had no phone to contact anyone they didn't hesitate one bit to help me. They went to try to open my car door and when they weren't able to do that they called a locksmith for me and waited with me until he came. The people that work at this hotel completely saved me and i'm so thankful. For that I feel if your going to stay anywhere in Miami this is the place to stay! AMAZING service and people at an awesome spot for all your Miami adventures!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We are very proud of our staff, our team enjoys providing the best possible service with a smile.
We hope you will visit again soon.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in late January 2013 in this Hotel. I picked it among hundreds of Hotels in Miami just based on reviews from tripadvisor members and I am happy that I trusted those reviews and am not disappointed. Let me talk about all aspects of this Hotel one by one, and remember we should always compare apple to apple. When I say something was fantastic, I am not comparing this Hotel to a 5 star Meridian, I am comparing them to Hotels at their price range up to almost twice their price range.
Location: It is located off of Florida Turnpike and very easy access and exit for both south and northbound. It is just 1 min. walk away from a Publix supermarket, a medical centre, tons of restaurants and fast foods, and all different shops. The Dolphin Maga Mall is just less than a 5 minute drive from the Hotel. The only thing that I was worried when I was booking the room was the road noise, because it is close to SW 40th St, SW 117th Ave. and Florida Turnpike, and I am a very light sleeper and have insomnia. So I asked them to give me a room as far as possible from any noise. She said they were fully booked and the only room available was the one they offered. I understood because we arrived late and thought maybe next day I would ask them to change my room, but to my surprise it was very good. Not dead silent but acceptable. So we didn't bother asking them to change our room and stayed in that room for another 4 nights.
General Area: Lobby, corridors, elevators very nice, clean and inviting. Decorations are very good.
Room: It was big and very spacious compared to regular Hotel rooms but on the small side compared to a “suite”, comfortable beds, nice couch bed, clean bathroom, with fridge, microwave oven, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, and all other necessities. TV was LCD but a little on the small side for a room that size. You can fill up your ice bucket from the ice machine on the ground floor.
Wifi: It was free and OK.
Breakfast and Breakfast Room: Breakfast was very good. They had waffle makers where you could make your own big regular or cinnamon waffles (although the ready to use dough was not the best), sausages, hams, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, fruit yogurts, cream cheese, bagels, toasts, jam, just three types of cereals (I wish there was more options), milk (although I wish they had skim milk), different juices (although not best quality), coffee, some sweets, etc. Do you want more from a free breakfast in an American style Hotel? I would like to see some variety for those who are staying longer than one or two nights. Breakfast room was complete with a big TV on the local news and couches. Chairs and tables were abundant and comfortable. Although some days it was too busy and there was line up for waffle machine but it was not that bad.
Pool, Gym and Spa: Pool was in an acceptable size where you could swim comfortably, water was always warm and clean, towels were always available, Spa was clean and nice. Gym had treadmills and weight machines. There was no free weight (dumbbells). For me it was perfect.
Personnel: every single one of them that I encountered, from the front desk during check in, to the lady in the breakfast room who couldn’t speak English, to the room service, etc. etc. were very polite, helpful, friendly and receptive. Hotel manager was standing in the lobby checking out with guests most of the mornings if everything is in order, chatting with them about where they want to go giving them directions and one day when I complimented him, he said they will be doing a renovation in coming June, although the Hotel is 12 years old! So be aware of that!
Almost everything you might need for a couple of nights stay with a better service and more comfort at a fraction of the price of a Miami Beach hotel.
I normally don’t spent time to write reviews unless I am very unhappy or extremely happy and obviously this time I was so happy I wanted to appreciate them with their great work. I got most value for the money I spent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Meron,
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of our property, it is a pleasure to host such wonderful guests, I have shared your comments with my co-workers and we all thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Recently spent 4 nights in this hotel on a business trip, great rooms, great services, wifi works ok, comfortable beds, little far away from downtown and miami beach but main roads are all near by. 15 mins from airport, 35 mins from miami beach

• Stayed January 2013
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Yvan Miniño,
Thank so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, it was our pleasure to host you. We hope to see you again soon. Muchas Gracias!
Tulio

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!