“Better service and more comfort at a fraction of the price of a Miami Beach hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

Ranked #11 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in late January 2013 in this Hotel. I picked it among hundreds of Hotels in Miami just based on reviews from tripadvisor members and I am happy that I trusted those reviews and am not disappointed. Let me talk about all aspects of this Hotel one by one, and remember we should always compare apple to apple. When I say something was fantastic, I am not comparing this Hotel to a 5 star Meridian, I am comparing them to Hotels at their price range up to almost twice their price range.
Location: It is located off of Florida Turnpike and very easy access and exit for both south and northbound. It is just 1 min. walk away from a Publix supermarket, a medical centre, tons of restaurants and fast foods, and all different shops. The Dolphin Maga Mall is just less than a 5 minute drive from the Hotel. The only thing that I was worried when I was booking the room was the road noise, because it is close to SW 40th St, SW 117th Ave. and Florida Turnpike, and I am a very light sleeper and have insomnia. So I asked them to give me a room as far as possible from any noise. She said they were fully booked and the only room available was the one they offered. I understood because we arrived late and thought maybe next day I would ask them to change my room, but to my surprise it was very good. Not dead silent but acceptable. So we didn't bother asking them to change our room and stayed in that room for another 4 nights.
General Area: Lobby, corridors, elevators very nice, clean and inviting. Decorations are very good.
Room: It was big and very spacious compared to regular Hotel rooms but on the small side compared to a “suite”, comfortable beds, nice couch bed, clean bathroom, with fridge, microwave oven, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, and all other necessities. TV was LCD but a little on the small side for a room that size. You can fill up your ice bucket from the ice machine on the ground floor.
Wifi: It was free and OK.
Breakfast and Breakfast Room: Breakfast was very good. They had waffle makers where you could make your own big regular or cinnamon waffles (although the ready to use dough was not the best), sausages, hams, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, fruit yogurts, cream cheese, bagels, toasts, jam, just three types of cereals (I wish there was more options), milk (although I wish they had skim milk), different juices (although not best quality), coffee, some sweets, etc. Do you want more from a free breakfast in an American style Hotel? I would like to see some variety for those who are staying longer than one or two nights. Breakfast room was complete with a big TV on the local news and couches. Chairs and tables were abundant and comfortable. Although some days it was too busy and there was line up for waffle machine but it was not that bad.
Pool, Gym and Spa: Pool was in an acceptable size where you could swim comfortably, water was always warm and clean, towels were always available, Spa was clean and nice. Gym had treadmills and weight machines. There was no free weight (dumbbells). For me it was perfect.
Personnel: every single one of them that I encountered, from the front desk during check in, to the lady in the breakfast room who couldn’t speak English, to the room service, etc. etc. were very polite, helpful, friendly and receptive. Hotel manager was standing in the lobby checking out with guests most of the mornings if everything is in order, chatting with them about where they want to go giving them directions and one day when I complimented him, he said they will be doing a renovation in coming June, although the Hotel is 12 years old! So be aware of that!
Almost everything you might need for a couple of nights stay with a better service and more comfort at a fraction of the price of a Miami Beach hotel.
I normally don’t spent time to write reviews unless I am very unhappy or extremely happy and obviously this time I was so happy I wanted to appreciate them with their great work. I got most value for the money I spent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Meron,
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of our property, it is a pleasure to host such wonderful guests, I have shared your comments with my co-workers and we all thank you and hope to see you again soon.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Recently spent 4 nights in this hotel on a business trip, great rooms, great services, wifi works ok, comfortable beds, little far away from downtown and miami beach but main roads are all near by. 15 mins from airport, 35 mins from miami beach

• Stayed January 2013
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Yvan Miniño,
Thank so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, it was our pleasure to host you. We hope to see you again soon. Muchas Gracias!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

As per the hotel's name it was comfortable but it was also much more. For this price in Miami we were expecting something good but not great... but actually it was great! A really top quality hotel with a rather average name!

• Stayed January 2013
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear BritBangkok,
WOW!
Thank you so much, in the words of the great Shakespeare: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. We are so very proud of our great team.
We look forward to your next visit.
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

For the first time I felt home in a hotel! The room is cosin , avaiable tea and coffee and even a microwave. The beds are very comfortable! The staff is amazin! I`m pregnant and came from Brazil to do some shopping for the baby. The hotel staff colected all the items I bought in amazon, and kept safe in my room. Also, one day, my husband lost his small wallet, with cash and travellers check. For incredible that it seems, somebody of the hotel staff have found it and kept for him! We were very happy for that! Also the breakfast is good, the leisure area is excelent, specially for the heated pool and spa, very very warm! I wish I could stay longer! Next time I hope defenely come back to this hotel! This time with the baby! Before I forget it is very close to some very nice malls, specially the dolphin Mall! cheers!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fabilation,
It was our pleasure!
We are very proud of our staff/team, we have been together for a long time.
We wish you the best and look forward to your next visit, we would love the meet the baby.
Pelham, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very proud of its TA rating. It has a huge banner on the side facing the turnpike boasting its "excellent" rating. It is a very convenient location. The lobby was well decorated with a separate breakfast room sectioned off with beautiful wood doors. We stayed on the 5th floor. The room was an average size suite with a couch, desk, coffee table, chest of drawers which held the TV, two bedside tables, a small kitchenette with a fridge, and of course the bed. The bathroom was a little small but plenty adequate. The bed was comfortable with the usual sorry pillows that hotels offer. The only problem that we encountered was the roach. I killed it that night. I am not naive. I realize it would be very hard to insure that no pests were allowed to enter. However, I would be lying if I didn't say it freaked me out. I was paranoid all night about roaches creeping around or worse getting into my bag. But it was only one roach. Forgive me for saying but at $170 a night we shouldn't have to think about that. The next morning at checkout I informed the desk attendant what had happened. She gave me a puzzled disbelieving look. She said that would be very odd because "they are so good about that." I replied that "I am sure you are. It was only one. I just wanted you to know just in case it needs to be addressed." Because I had anticipated this response, I offered to show her the picture I took but she declined. She said she would send someone up to look right away because it probably just came in through the AC vent. With her half-hearted apology, I left. I was more put off my her reaction than the roach. It probably did come in through the vent but that still doesn't change the fact it was in my room. Other than this minor problem our stay was enjoyable.

Dear TNT TravelinCouple,
Thank you so much for staying with us, please accept our apologies for the "half-hearted apology" from my co-worker as well as for the roach in your room, believe me I understand, I assure you we take every guest concern very seriously, a thorough inspection of your suite was conducted and we are happy to report we did not find any other critters, nevertheless the exterminator was informed and proper measures were taken, we hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Miami, on behalf of the entire staff.
DeLand, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights last weekend. Upon check-in at about 1:00 A.M., I could find no desk clerk on duty for several minutes. Yelling for an employee got no response. After 4 or 5 minutes, a desk clerk came out of the back, appearing to have just awakened, and offered no apology or excuse. The hotel was nice, the room was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast left much to be desired for a $153.00 a night hotel. Cold hard boiled eggs, sausage links, muffins and cold cereal. No hot eggs, no hot potatoes or grits, no hot biscuits with sausage gravy, like I've seen in much cheaper hotels and motels. I expect to pay a lot for a hotel in the Miami area, but I also expect to get my moneys worth.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jackieboy22,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, please accept our apologies for the wait upon check-in, we are sorry we did not meet your expectations, please note that we do have at least two hot items on our rotating menu (Scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, ham)+Belgian waffles, three types of cereal, apples, bananas and a variety of breads and pastries. Thank you for your positive comments regarding cleanliness and comfort, we appreciate it.
New England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel location is good. Room was clean. Queen beds were smaller than average. Furniture needs to be updated. No desk. Nightly room was higher than expected for this hotel. We stayed at this hotel because it was en route to The Keys and in close proximity to South Beach and restaurants at the Dolphin Mall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear MJ0470,
Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay with us, we are glad our location was convenient for you, we are in the process of renovating the entire property and we hope you will visit with us again.
Tulio

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!