“Annual Thanksgiving holiday visit” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 129 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“Annual Thanksgiving holiday visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is either the ninth or tenth annual visit to this property and though the public aea carpets are showing their wear, the buildihng seems to be in good condition. The menu at breakfast has not changed in recent years and is on a par with competition. On arrival, there was a vehice blocking the main entrance which made it difficult to manuever a luggage cart from our car to the lobby area. I reported it to the young woman on duty at the desk, however it was there over an hour later.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Wjlliamv,
Thank you so much for the review, we are always happy to see you, we look forward to your next visit. We will remain vigilant to make sure the entrance is not blocked by vehicles, we appreciate your comments. Until next time our very best wishes.
Tulio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel is located perfectly for a day in “the Everglades”.
The room was a bit old but clean and spacious.
We were a family of 5; 2 adults + 3 children (7 to 12 years old) traveling and stayed in 1 King Bed Suite.
This was good enough for the 5 of us.
Only odd thing was that the hot-tub/ shower was in the master bedroom.
The room had a fridge + coffee/tea making facility. Breakfast was included, a typical “Comfort suites” style.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Olchju,
Thank you for staying with us and for the review. We hope you visit again, we recommend adjoining rooms, there is one with a king bed and the other has 2 queen bed and a sofa bed.
We hope you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to hosting you again.
Glassboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great place - clean! very accessible (just off the Florida Turnpike). Nice staff, good complimentary breakfast, free Internet. If I were to mention one thing that I wished was better it's this: (even though it has nothing to do with the facility). I wish there was a bigger selection of restaurants very close by. Shorty's (a rib joint) is nice, but the menu is of course limited, In the adjacent shopping center, there is a great restaurant - Nunzio's - that has super Italian food, but that's about it. I definitely would (and plan to) return.

Room Tip: The facility has no restaurant and therefore no room service
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GMon37, We are grateful you took the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, By the way, Bird Road is like a "restaurant row", really, we have a printed list of local restaurants, really good Peruvian, Colombian, Cuban, Japanese, Thai and more. Next time you are in the area please ask us a t the front desk, we will be happy to recommend a nice place.
Again, Thank You.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I checked in Nov 2nd & the staff was really nice, however when I went to my room I found out that it was already occupied. The room had people & luggage in it when I opened the door, I don't know why that happened because you would think that they knew that people were staying there. I went back to the lobby & told them my story & they apologized & gave me another room, this time a room that was empty. The rooms are really overpriced for that area, I could have found a cheaper hotel in Downtown Miami or closer to the airport. The price is higher every year & the hotel is always full but nothing is ever going on in the area. Overall I had a nice stay the rooms were clean & the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was ok, the best part about the breakfast is the waffle maker. This wasn't my first stay here, I come every year in the beginning of November to visit family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bleinenbach407, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, It seems the guests checked-out and returned to the room because they had a late flight, nevertheless it should not have happened, we truly appreciate your understanding and look forward to your next visit. Again, Thank You.
South Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very good value for your money!!!! Clean, friendly, very good complementary breakfast, kitchentte facilities, quiet, good amenities in room, offering you nasal strips for a better breathing, better sleeping. staff at your service, very good attitude!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are grateful you took the time to write a review, on behalf of the entire staff, thank you.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here with my family while some repairs were done at the property, EXCELLENT service.
I can honestly say management went above and beyond to help us ALL feel at home. Room was always imppecable. The cleaning staff did a great job making the room and the hotel spotless. Every morning, my family and I had delicious breakfast at the cafeteria. The food was always great!!!!The management staff was very freindly and very respectful and were always within reach for questions and inquiries. In my tenure at this hotel I can honestly say I felt as if I was staying at a resort =)

Room Tip: Stay here =)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank You Ralph G.
It was our pleasure, we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Tulio.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

The ac in our room kept short circuiting. We told the front desk around 1am. Nothing would help. We told them again in the morning and they acted like it was somehow our fault. I felt we were treated very poorly because we were not Spanish speaking. Everyone who did speak Spanish was greeted friendly while nothing at all was said to us or any other non Latino. Very racist. Not worth the money .

• Stayed September 2012
ToolsMiami, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear FDuff12,
We are very sorry you feel the way you do, I assure you we strive to provide the best possible to service to ALL our guests, in as far as the A/C I am informed that we offered to change your room but you declined, I certainly hope that should you need to be in our area again you will give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I assure you you will feel differently about our staff and property, I hope to hear from you soon. Tulio

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!