“Comfort Suites Miami-Kendall” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glassboro, New Jersey
“Comfort Suites Miami-Kendall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great place - clean! very accessible (just off the Florida Turnpike). Nice staff, good complimentary breakfast, free Internet. If I were to mention one thing that I wished was better it's this: (even though it has nothing to do with the facility). I wish there was a bigger selection of restaurants very close by. Shorty's (a rib joint) is nice, but the menu is of course limited, In the adjacent shopping center, there is a great restaurant - Nunzio's - that has super Italian food, but that's about it. I definitely would (and plan to) return.

Room Tip: The facility has no restaurant and therefore no room service
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
GMon37, We are grateful you took the time to write a review of your recent stay with us, By the way, Bird Road is like a "restaurant row", really, we have a printed list of local restaurants, really good Peruvian, Colombian, Cuban, Japanese, Thai and more. Next time you are in the area please ask us a t the front desk, we will be happy to recommend a nice place.
Again, Thank You.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I checked in Nov 2nd & the staff was really nice, however when I went to my room I found out that it was already occupied. The room had people & luggage in it when I opened the door, I don't know why that happened because you would think that they knew that people were staying there. I went back to the lobby & told them my story & they apologized & gave me another room, this time a room that was empty. The rooms are really overpriced for that area, I could have found a cheaper hotel in Downtown Miami or closer to the airport. The price is higher every year & the hotel is always full but nothing is ever going on in the area. Overall I had a nice stay the rooms were clean & the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was ok, the best part about the breakfast is the waffle maker. This wasn't my first stay here, I come every year in the beginning of November to visit family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bleinenbach407, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, It seems the guests checked-out and returned to the room because they had a late flight, nevertheless it should not have happened, we truly appreciate your understanding and look forward to your next visit. Again, Thank You.
South Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Very good value for your money!!!! Clean, friendly, very good complementary breakfast, kitchentte facilities, quiet, good amenities in room, offering you nasal strips for a better breathing, better sleeping. staff at your service, very good attitude!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We are grateful you took the time to write a review, on behalf of the entire staff, thank you.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here with my family while some repairs were done at the property, EXCELLENT service.
I can honestly say management went above and beyond to help us ALL feel at home. Room was always imppecable. The cleaning staff did a great job making the room and the hotel spotless. Every morning, my family and I had delicious breakfast at the cafeteria. The food was always great!!!!The management staff was very freindly and very respectful and were always within reach for questions and inquiries. In my tenure at this hotel I can honestly say I felt as if I was staying at a resort =)

Room Tip: Stay here =)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank You Ralph G.
It was our pleasure, we look forward to hosting you again soon.
Tulio.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

The ac in our room kept short circuiting. We told the front desk around 1am. Nothing would help. We told them again in the morning and they acted like it was somehow our fault. I felt we were treated very poorly because we were not Spanish speaking. Everyone who did speak Spanish was greeted friendly while nothing at all was said to us or any other non Latino. Very racist. Not worth the money .

• Stayed September 2012
ToolsMiami, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear FDuff12,
We are very sorry you feel the way you do, I assure you we strive to provide the best possible to service to ALL our guests, in as far as the A/C I am informed that we offered to change your room but you declined, I certainly hope that should you need to be in our area again you will give us another try, please feel free to contact me and I assure you you will feel differently about our staff and property, I hope to hear from you soon. Tulio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

The staff at this hotel has been wonderful to me and my family. They have made us feel at home and have been courteous. I can honestly say that we have received excellent service from everyone at Comfort Suites
(3901 S.W. 117 ave.
Thank you all.
Zeferino Rafael Corona and Family

• Stayed August 2012
ToolsMiami, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Zeferaf,
We are grateful you took the time to write such a kind review of your stay with us.
It was our pleasure to host your family, we hope to see you again soon. Tulio
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my first stay was a Comfort Suites. I normally stay with Hilton and Marriott brands but this was close to my work location for the week and thought I'd give it a try.

It wasn't that the hotel was bad but I just couldn't bring myself to like it either...I guess I've gotten used to a certain level of customer service and greetings that was lacking from the property here. As someone who spends half a year in hotels I am a lot more picky than most.

The room was clean, but you could tell no extra efforts were being made to make it so...bare minimum. AC unit was loud and smelled a bit like must and mold, typical of humid Miami.

Publix was in the same parking lot so that was a plus, you also had a few fast food restaurants right there as well.

Decent...but nothing beyond average.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear CCTVTrainer,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property, should you decide to stay with us again please do your best to see me, I will be grateful if you could suggest ways in which we could make you stay a memorable one, again Thank You, on behalf of the entire staff.
Tulio

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!