“Couldn't Ask For More” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Devon, Alberta
“Couldn't Ask For More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Only had one night in Miami after a cruise, and booked here because of the decent prices compared to a lot of other Miami hotels.
Really was a great stay even if it was short. Room was big and very clean with everything nice and very new looking. Hot tub and pool were clean and open later than a lot of hotels which was great. Free breakfast was excellent, great selection of cold and hot foods. WiFi connection was one of the best we've ever had in a hotel, very good speeds.

Only minus, and it was a minor one, was the distance from Miami Beach. It's about a 25 minute drive, but it's pretty much all freeway so it feels fast at least. But all the ammenities you could ask for are very close by. Really though, can't imagine anything being better anywhere at this price range in the Miami area. Can't recommend enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

The 2 male front desk clerks were all business upon my evening arrival and did not acknowledge my frequent traveler status with this chain. The 2 young women clerks the next morning were delightful and welcoming. The lighting above the table was nice for working. The pool was warm and pretty clean. The exercise room had a working tv and treadmill. There is a CVS and public groc store within walking distance which makes this a convenient hotel to stay at.

• Stayed February 2012
colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

this was a good choice for my overnight stay, prior to an early morning flight from mia. airport transportation was efficient, and the hotel was quite comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Clermont, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Clean and comfortable, ample parking with great location near stores, eating and shops. Breakfast OK, adequate. Good coffee! This is an older hotel, but has been maintained and updated. Sink area is right as you come in the door, so can be difficult getting by at times. Would like to have seen storage shelves under sink to get everything off the counter - coffee pot and ice bucket tray left little room for personal belongings. Soft towels in adequate number.

Room Tip: Probably the extra expense for a suite would be worth the extra space. Our company will not pay the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

This little hotel provided the comfort as promised. Ample free parking on a little shopping estate with some eateries / takeaways and CVS pharmacy and Publix food mart onsite.
Front desk service was helpful and complimentary breakfast was quite adequate . Complimentary wifi was a bonus but the reception was better when we were in the separate sitting room/ lounge of our suite. A very spacious and large suite with small kitchenette / microwave and kitchen table for 2. TV in the bedroom and in the lounge. Large safety box and large spa- jacuzzi bath ( with shower over ). The bath was in the same room as the beds. There was a separate room for the toilet and sinks.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Upon arriving to this hotel, I was a bit skeptical. But after I entered my room, I was at ease. The hotel was clean and quiet. The room had a microwave, refrigerator, safe, and even a whirlpool. The hotel was conveniently located near Florida International University, where I was meeting a client and some students. I slept comfortably and the breakfast was okay. The staff was courteous but not as concerned or empathetic as I would have liked. (I'll explain) I woke up the next morning searching for my phone. I figured it had fallen through the crack of the mattress and the headboard. I reached down to discover all types of hidden treasures (not really). First I pulled up an old remote, which lead me to believe that they do not normally check the head of the beds because the room had a new remote. Next, I touched something that felt like satin. I immediately pulled the bed back and to my disgust I found a pair of panties (I would upload a picture but I don't want to offend anyone. I have one available by request.) How gross was that? I informed the hotel staff and they didn't seem the least bit alarmed or concerned. One of the receptionist even made an excuse saying the the cleaning person probably couldn't move the bed. I informed her that I, a very petite lady who barely weighs 120 lbs, had no trouble moving it so I don't see anyone else having a problem. She offered to send someone to clean the room, but I informed her I was checking out in a couple of hours so it was unnecessary. It kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I kept thinking: 1) the room should've been thoroughly examined upon my arrival and 2) what if the person wearing those underwear last was infected by something. What offended me most is I have yet to receive a formal apology. I liked the hotel up until that point. Hopefully, your experience much more pleasant.

Room Tip: Inspect your room. Especially between the mattress and headboard.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ToolsMiami, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Hello Ms. B S,
First, please allow me to apologize for what happened during your stay with us, I assure you steps have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again, to you or anyone else.
Please know that a letter of apology was sent to the address on record (GA) on 02/10/2012.
We are grateful that you stayed with us and hope that on your next trip to Miami you will give us an opportunity to host you again.
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

The hotel staff are courteous and accommodating. The hotel is very clean, quiet, and quite lovely. Our room was extremely comfortable with very nice beds. I will definitely choose this hotel next time we're in that section of Miami!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!