“Good location for us; breakfast poor” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Good location for us; breakfast poor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

We booked this hotel for two nights only, as we had arranged an airboat tour nearby (subsequently cancelled due to weather). We had just arrived after a fabulous 8 days in Grand Cayman so hope this review isn't tainted by the weather we found in Miami! Other reasons for booking this hotel was the free wi-fi and breakfast. Wi-fi for us was great (2nd floor) but breakfast was truly awful! There is VERY limited selection. First morning only hot food was scrambled egg - with ham slices available. Next morning was hard boiled eggs with bacon. There is a waffle maker you can use, a small selection of cereals (3) and fruit juices. It is very basic. And all this is served on disposable plates, with plastic cutlery. But... the room was large, clean and comfortable. We had little interaction with staff, but seemed ok. There is a small kitchenette area in the room (which we didn't use). They have a pool, which was being used by others even in the rain.

There is an excellent little family run Italian restaurant (Nunzio's) across the parking lot which should be tried wherever you stay in Miami! In summary - rooms good, clean, nice size. Don't stay there just for the offer of free breakfast!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Heathrow, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The hospitality at this property is awesome, more than met my expectations.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Ostrava
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Dear Friends,
Last month (July) I visited Florida and stayed some days in hotel Comfort Suites in Miami, Kendall. This hotel was recommended us by Visitor Centre. It was our first trip to USA, but we have been travelling a lot by all Europe and partly Asia, so we have some experience. We were accommodated in some 5 Florida hotels before, so we have possibility to compare them.After only one day and night in this hotel we decided to cancel our plans and no travel anywhere else, simply stay in the best hotel of all .
And do you ask me why?
There was everything we needed in one place in this hotel. Good nice and clean accommodation, really suitable, good service, pool, PC room, Fit room, good way equiped room and specially nice and good people -staff, open and all the time ready to help and give an advice .

So I felt , that I return from our trips not to hotel, but simply I went home.I was a bit sad to leave this nice place, where every morning kind and keep smilling Mr. Ernesto J. Vaca , wished me and other quests to enjoy our breakfast and have a nice day. And the breakfast service waited to last guest, not closing during eating .

I felt, that it was really over duties of common personal, when I wanted to buy some souvenirs , which I couldn´t manage to discover enywhere and I was with great style given by the exceptional man.

As I know all my life, everything is in people and their behaviour to us and I met a lot of good people there, in USA .

But I know, that if I ever visit this part of the Earth, the only hotel I will be in is COMFORT SUITES MIAMI KENDALL.
So thank you a lot again.

Jitka Hodulíková
Ostrava
Czech Republic- Europe

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed in this hotel recently based on Tripadvisor reviews. It was an excellent choice for travelling around south Miami, the Keys and the Everglades. It is also only a half hour drive to Key Biscayne or SoBe.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fort Mitchell, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

My family and I were staying in Miami prior to cruising to the Bahamas. I am usually very picky about hotels and I always look for reviews before I stay in them. Rooms have to be clean, comfortable and upgraded. This hotel met all of my expectations: from guest services, dining/breakfast, to room decor and furniture. The cleaning staff ..spoke little English but were still very kind and helpful. This property is in great condition and well managed. I absolutely enjoyed my two day stay here. In addition, this hotel is within walking distance to local drug and grocery store. Also, there are shopping stores nearby, which is an added bonus for those traveling with children. Again, a great place to stay if you are visiting Miami, Florida!!

Room Tip: Rooms are very, very clean, furniture and fixtures are in excellent condition:)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toa Baja
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This Hotel has been renovated, extremely clean and staff is very proper.
The Security is very good and it offers a nice quick Hot Breakfast every morning.
You can't go bad...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Osprey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

WARNING... I'm a bit of a Hotel snob...with that said we were pleasantly surprized!
We booked one night while in town for our son's freshman orientation to FIU. Not familiar with the area & not here for the "Miami scene, this hotel was ideal. The location was close, & convient to campus & Clean!. We had a long busy day on campus, checked in after 8 PM & our accomidations were comfortable to come home to the first night. The bed was perfect, nice linens, a spacious room...far more then we needed.. We had a king bed room/suite & were given an FIU discount (10.00). You have to request it. Unfortunately we had plans to eat on campus so I can't comment on the continental buffet although it looked yummy. Coffee was good. I just made reservations for our family to stay here this weekend while we move our son in. (just a small thumbs down-. the carpet in our ground floor room was due a cleaning...it wasn't gross just obvious in some spots due a cleaning) I'll post again after this weekends stay.

Room Tip: room 121 on the ground floor, close to lobby, breakfast, good location. Window faced the post office...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall? Share your experiences!