“Nice suburban hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Mills Drive, Miami, FL 33183   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #51 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Miami
“Nice suburban hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Live in Miami and stayed at this hotel while our house was being tented. Had to add another night after we checked in, was not a problem since it was during the week. Desk staff is very friendly and always greeted us by name when we came through the door. The room was okay and included a small refrigerator and microwave. There was only a desk chair in the room. Would have liked a comfortable chair for reading. A/C was a bit noisy. Breakfast was okay but not as nice as some places I have stayed. This hotel is located in a shopping center with a Kohl's and Nordstrom Rack. There are also several places within walking distance to eat including an Outback. A Blue Martini nightclub opened recently. Within a few miles either way on Kendall Drive there are probably 20 restaurants. There was one computer in the lobby for guests but was always occupied, they do have wireless internet in the rooms. This hotel is about 15 miles southwest of downtown Miami and about and hour west of Miami Beach.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

My husband and I took our grandchildren to Miami for 8 days. We stayed at this hotel because it had good reviews on TA, and because it could accomodate us all --2 adults, 4 children ages 11, 9, 6 and 3.
We have been on many trips with these children, to various locations in the US, and never encountered this problem before. After the first night, my oldest grandaughter announced she had been bitten by something. We had been to the pool, and out and about in hot, hot hot Miami, so I dismissed it. She kept getting more bites...no one else did,
After we had been there 4 nights, her brothers discovered an insect on the fold-out sofa bed (she and her little sister had slept on this bed the night before--only one night. My husband killed the insect andsaved the evidence. I went downstairs and did some research on the hotel computer. WALA! We had bedbugs! I told the manager(who did not at first admit to being the manager) very quietly, because at the time I was not sure how I was going to handle the situation. We agreed to move to another floor in the hotel because I was not sure we could find accomodations for the rest of our stay, AND, I guess I was hoping for the best. We also were given 3 days off our bill. We did not see any more evidence of the little critters. However, I could not enjoy the rest of the stay because I kept wondering if I had made the right decision for my family.
When we arrived home, the childrens' mother noticed several bites on the 2 little boys, which did not come until the evening of the day we returned home. Their doctor informed us that sometimes you will not see bites until as much as 24 hours after being bit.
The real reason I decided to blow the whistle on this hotel is, I'm afraid there might have been bugs in the SECOND room, also!!!
On another note: The breakfast was not spectacular AND the living room configuration in both rooms made it impossibe to get around the room when the bed was out---a fire hazard, I'm sure. In the second room, we moved the furniture around so we could get around the room when the bed was out.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

We stayed for four nights over the Memorial Day weekend. We have two little ones (4 and 5) that go to bed very early, so we appreciate a hotel room with a separate bedroom so my wife and I don't have to go dark and quiet at 8 PM. In that respect, the hotel was great. The room was configured with a separate living room and a bedroom with a real door in between. The room itself was a little awkwardly shaped. The living room was long an narrow with the TV at one end, and a sofa at the other. The TV was small-ish (about a 20 in widescreen) and was about 15 feet from the sofa, so TV watching was odd at best. The room did have the Bathroom off of the Living Room instead of the Bedroom, so that is another plus in our situation. The room also had a refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffee maker, so we were able to keep food in our room and heat up stuff for the girls to eat.
The breakfast was a bit lacking, in my opinion. Most hotels now have the waffle maker, so that is not a big deal. Aside from waffles, your choice was cereal (3 types), yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, sausages that you had to heat yourself in the microwave, toast, and bagels, and a basket of oranges and apples. There was milk and a variety of juices. Better than nothing, but I have seen better at less expensive hotels. Their coffee is hotel-standard Maxwell House, which in my opinion is awful. They did also have a small selection of teas (mostly chamomile).
The Fitness room consisted of a treadmill, a bike, and an elliptical trainer. That was it.
The location was absolutely great! without having to leave the mall parking lot, you had several options for food (including a pretty good Cuban restaurant), as well as a Publix and a CVS. The location is convenient to the Turnpike, and just off of Kendall Drive which is a major East-West artery in the Kendall area. You are less than 30 min from the beaches, and about an hour out of the Keys.
All in all, for our type of travel to Miami which involves visiting a lot of family, with an occasional trip to the beach, this location is great. The room rate was also very reasonable given that it was a holiday weekend. The staff was very friendly, especially the front desk staff.
I would definitely return again for my next stay in Miami unless the rates start going up.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Tacoma, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

We stayed here two times bracketed around a trip to KeyWest, KeyLargo environs. Difficult to find but way better find than the first place we stayed after an enjoyable Cubano evening on Calle Ocho. Nothing spacious about rooms or pool but clean and nicely appointed / on the better side considering continental breakfasts. Definitely good & dependable value.

On one stay my wife left her hair straightener and the other my son left his phone - both times we called alerting them to our mistakes and they returned calls letting us know they had found our belongings!

Perfect for FIU parents and head east and you're in Everglades

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

Stayed here on business, and the hotel met our needs. Staff was friendly, room clean, and my room had a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was good, what you would expect from a continental breakfast. Close to several restaurants within about a mile drive.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2010

We stayed here one night. The room was very comfortable. The front desk called our room soon after we checked in to see if we needed anything. The windows could not be opened, so we had to rely on the air conditioning. Breakfast of waffles and cereal was good.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

We stayed at this motel for two nights over Super Bowl weekend because our usual hotel, the Marriott Dadeland, was unavailable. We found it to be perfectly adequate - nothing special about it, but the staff was very nice and helpful and the room was spotless. Only two complaints - it is a little difficult to find if you don't know the area and don't have mapquest available - it's not on the main street and can not be seen from it. Also, the TV was set as an alarm clock, which we did not realize, and on the first morning of our stay we were awakened with a loud "Hello" and lots of light and we thought someone had entered our room. Make sure you disable that feature! The room was expensive for what it was, but it was Super Bowl weekend and all the hotels in Miami were double their usual price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)? Share your experiences!