“Cruise Departure Stop” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)

You added Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Mills Drive, Miami, FL 33183   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #55 of 129 Hotels in Miami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I live in Miami had to stay weekend here due to my home having that pest control carp be I got put over it. This hotel is closest to me centrally located just off the Florida turnpike in Kendall area of Miami off 88th aka Kendall Drive. It's in an open mall called "The Palm's" that has multiple restaurants, bars, some retail stores and a large Publix grocery store that surround a large manmade lake beautifully lit at night. It's in a safe area as well.
While here the hotel appears in the process of being refreshed I saw new wall treatments, new carpets, new paint in halls, lobby, rooms and exterior. There were lots of workers all over. The room itself looked and felt like a budget motel. The furniture looks outdated, the lamp shades were loose hanging crooked, one lamp didn't work, the others had different light bulbs shining on yellow light the other bright white light. The sheets were clean, comfy bed and pillows, flat screen TV and - yes- hotel has WiFi but it's spotty. The staff were all friendly - a rarity in Miami!
Unfortunately the price I paid $157 a night discounted and that's low for this hotel - does not reflect paying for a hotel that can easily be a non descript budget cheap hotel. There is no luxury here.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, 5 days ago
We are so happy you took the time to submit your comments. We are working to upgraded all the comments your mentioned. We hope you will come back after we have completed our upgrades. Our location is the best in Miami/Kendall. Hotel prices are high during this time of the year.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I don't mind paying for a good room but this room was smelly and in need of a repairs.
Carpets in hall way are badly stained. Lobby under construction. Definitely not worth $150 per night. There are nicer hotels in the area. Shame because I like the location.

• Stayed January 2015
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your comments. We are remodeling to correct any items that were unpleasant for you. January to April are high season for all of Miami. Please come back when we have finished and you will understand why everyone wants to stay at our location.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this establishment through Christmas/New Year's. I regret ever staying at this hotel. My wife and kids had no other choice as every hotel in Miami was sold out for these dates. Not sure why, but I did give this hotel many chances to change my mind. Nope, every night was worse than the last. I'm going to point out just a FEW of the things that we experienced as I think the list would be too long to put on here. Currently, the hotel is going through some much needed renovations. Fine, no problem there. What I do have a problem with is that the renovations crew is working from about 7am til after 7pm some nights. I think that's totally unacceptable. My family does not need to come back to a hotel full of noise, dust and hazards after a long day of being out (sometimes to get away from the construction work). Next issue, hot water. After the first night, fine I understand if something went wrong, but why should my family and I have to wake up every morning (with the exception of 2 days) to no hot water? I did not know that in this day in age, no hot water would be a constant problem in a hotel, especially when they are charging $200. I was not the only one as every day I saw a line of guests at the front desk complaining. Next, the so-called buffet breakfast. Not sure why other guests praise it so much but I guess they did not stay as long as we did. After a few days, I was pretty much set on only eating the cereal, as it seemed to be the only safe thing to have. Some days there was some type of mystery meat served, that neither I, other guests or even the breakfast attendant knew what it was. Which brings me to my next issue, the breakfast attendants. I understand this is Miami, and it has a large Hispanic population but I think it would be wise to at least have someone that can speak English to answer simple questions. I asked both attendants one morning, where I could get new silverware because mine were dirty and one kept answering "Good morning". Everything out of her mouth was "Good morning". The other attendant spoke to me in Spanish even though I kept telling her I did not understand. The rooms were OK other than the first room we were put in. It had...let's say bodily stains on the comforter and we were not about to try and look for other things wrong in that room. The halls either had a musty smell or a smell of other "substances". I'm sure all hotels get guests who smoke and do things they're not supposed to but when it seemed to have happened for most of our stay, I think it becomes a problem. Most of the front desk staff was helpful. I say most because there was a young man (Humberto?) and young lady (can't remember her name) that had a very bad attitude when I asked questions regarding directions to the airport and various places and the issues regarding the hot water. Seemed they were more interested in texting/playing on their phone. Even though I've only mentioned a few things here I think it's very obvious that this hotel is not up to par to what other similarly priced hotels offer, in terms of quality of service. Please don't make the same mistake we did and stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: If you need to use their "free wifi" make sure you ask to stay on the first floor close to...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
We value all your comments and we apologize any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We are upgrading the hotel to serve our guest and strive to make it a Home Away from Home environment because we are the best location in Miami, Kendall. We have discussed your concerns with our Housekeeping Supervisor and the staff. Miami is a popular destination for all travelers year round but from December through April hotels are at high season rates. Please give us another chance once we have completed our upgrades.
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our Dec. 30th stay was very good for the money. Our room was clean, the HVAC unit did not make any excessive racket, the sheets were smooth, the towels were thick, there was no odor in the room and no mold in the bathroom. For this class of property, they are doing things right. The breakfast area was clean, everything that was supposed to be hot was hot and everything that was supposed to be cold was cold. Sometimes I worry about food poisoning at breakfast buffets, but not this time. The "theme" was make your own breakfast burrito. Even the scrambled eggs were pretty good. The staff kept the area clean, even around the waffle makers, which I usually find to be too messy to use. The orange juice was OJ, not orange punch. The front desk clerk got me checked in quickly and efficiently. I was very tired and this was much appreciated. He was nice and so was the gentleman at checkout the next morning. They are undergoing some renovations, but it did not seem to cause any interruptions in service. I will stay here again the next time I am in Miami.

Room Tip: Room 404 was quiet and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
We are so happy to hear all your positive comments regarding your stay with us. We strive to make your stay a home away from home experience. We are a 3 Star Hotel with a 5 Star attitude.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)? Share your experiences!