“Very Helpful Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11750 Mills Drive, Miami, FL 33183   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #49 of 129 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Very Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I made a mistake when booking my room, and the hotel manager tried several different options to help me out. The staff was great. I appreciate how they went above and beyond what was necessary to fix a problem that was my fault.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Montego Bay, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Small hotel with family like atmosphere and good price. Close to shopping and very friendly staff. Manager Mr. Zapatta along with other staff members, Luis, Carmen and Juan made my stay very comfortable. Will stay at Country Inn and Suites again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Stuart, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I used to stay in this hotel 18 years ago a lot. Now it is a different ownership. The hotel is older, the suites have an awkward floorplan. The TV's are very small flat screens. The mall next door is busy now. 18 years ago it was almost dead. Up and Downside is that Blue Martini is right next to the hotel. Upside you can go partying, downside is you hear the music at night. Not crazy loud but you can hear it. I am guessing a room facing north would be better. Breakfast is inlcuded but limited

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Kendall, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spoke with Carmen L. Powers of Country Inn & Suites in Kendall, Fla. and asked if she could find me a place in the Knoxville TN area. After giving her the particulars she called me back right away and helped me book for 7 days at a Country Inn & Suites in the Knoxville area. The room was great and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I got a great rate, I couldn't have had better service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Let me preface my review by saying that I'm the type of person that only posts reviews when I have a terrible experience, whether it be at a hotel or restaurant. I really don't give a lot of "good reviews." However, my stay here was so satisfying that I have decided to take the time to share my experience.

I'm a physician who just moved to Florida. My lease fell through so I had to find a hotel to stay for at least two weeks while I looked for a place to live. I generally stay in 4-5 star hotels only, but because of my likely "prolonged" stay, I had to be a bit more economical. After doing a lot of research on area hotels, I decided to settle with Country Inn & Suites, and boy was I happy I did.

Location - the hotel is located in the Kendall area. If you guys know South Florida/Miami at all, picking location is key especially when it comes to avoiding traffic. This Hotel is conveniently located between two major highways, 821 and 874. It was a BREEZE for me to get to locations throughout Miami everyday. As a bonus, it is literally located in the middle of an outdoor mall. Walking distance to grocery, all sorts of food ranging from American to Cuban, and also Bars. There's a little bit of everything. If you've dealt with Miami before you'll know that once you get home you don't want to leave because of the heavy traffic. Being able to go out to dinner and having access to departmental stores STEPS from your hotel room was pretty amazing.

Quality - hotel was clean, literally spotless. I'm very, very OCD when it comes to cleanliness. Rooms were flawless, sheets smelled great, pillows were super comfortable.

Staff - probably one of the best staffs I've ever dealt with. Courteous at all times. By my 3rd night there, they greeted me by my name. Any requests I had was always quickly handled in a polite way. They were also prompt with their service. I remember one occasion where I was waiting behind a family that was taking awhile to check in. The staff noticed this and quickly called someone from the back to come assist me. This type of customer service is extremely rare. They have really nailed it on customer service and satisfaction here.

Free stuff - in the lobby were tons of brochures for the area, free coffee 24 hours of all types, pool, gym, work computer, and printer.

To sum it up, my stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Miami/Kendall was excellent. You can search all you want for a "budget" or "economical" hotel, but you won't find a hotel that will give you a better "bang for the buck" in the area.

I think a lot of times people search out hotels and pick the ones with the lowest price and thinking they're getting the "best deal." That's generally not true if you have a horrible stay/vacation because you wanted to save "$5" a night.

Bottom line: If you are undecided about which area hotel to stay in and the difference per night is only $5-$15, it's a no brainer pick. Country Inn & Suites is a hidden gem, 5 star hotel for a 3 star hotel price. I highly recommend staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Miami/Kendall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you Michael for your great review. We always appreciated all reviews but when you recognize the outstanding performance of our staff it is special to all.

We do agree that the Country Inn & Sutes Miami (Kendall) is the best location in Kendall and fast becoming a well known secret.

Management & Staff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel met my expectations. Spacious, clean room, good amenities, friendly staff. The breakfast selections could improve, but overall, a good value. This property has an excellent location, in Kendall, next to The Palms at Town & Country, a beautiful shopping complex. Close to dining and shopping.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We have the best location in Kendall and easy to get around Miami,
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments.
See you next time you are in this area.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I used to live in the area and came for a visit. I chose this hotel mainly for the location, breakfast, free wifi and price compared to others in the Kendall area. I was also traveling with two kids. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was great with a variety of choices. The staff was friendly. We ha a room with two queen beds. I was not that spacious with the three of us but I can't complain. The microwave and refrigerator in the room was a plus. I must say the beds were very comfortable the lake view was nice as well. This hotel is near all major highways. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. There was an outdoor pool, a small exercise room, and a laundry room none of which I used. You can also get to beaches within a 30-45 min drive depending on traffic. Should I visit Kendall again I would choose this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Louis2011, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall), responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites Miami/Kendall.
We have the best location in Kendall.
Great free breakfast, wifi, parking and the lake view.
Looking forward to see you again whenever you are in this area.
Best Regards,
Louis

Been to Country Inn & Suites Miami (Kendall)? Share your experiences!