“Near the Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 110 Hotels in Miami
farnham common
“Near the Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The Crowne Plaza was relatively easy to find as we journeyed in to Miami from the Keys. All the front door staff were very helpful, especially one of the ladies on Reception. The room was the standard utilitarian hotel model except for no fridge or tea, both of which would have been helpful. Fine for a one-night transit stop. The hotel was undergoing refurbishment and the carpet on our floor was new. The cost of parking is addition to the hotel price!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear JandJFarnhamCommon, Thank You very much for your visit and the feedback posted. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed a relaxing and comfortable stay with us and noted the items that would have added further enjoyment. While a fridge is not a standard item in our guest rooms, it can be requested pending availability as well as tea.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year and many pleasant and enjoyable journeys.........

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Very clean hotel. with nice rooms near the hotel. But what really stood out was the front desk clerk Cory who saw me in a panic because i had left my phone in the taxi that just drove me to the hotel from Orlando. He wasted no time and sprung into action, using his own phone he called long distance and luckily the taxi driver had not left Miami.
Wish all employees like where as hospitably as Cory. Great job!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Derek A, I am very pleased to read that my Business Partner Corey was successful in assisting with your dilemma. Thank You very much for sharing this with us and all interested.
May we wish you a Happy New Year and Thank You for your visit.........
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

What a nice place, My family and I stayed there for a long weekend, at first I thought I would have been to far away from the beach, but I realized that we are 15 minutes away from it. Great locations overall, my family and I enjoyed this hotel, after my family departure I could only say what a nice place !!

• Stayed December 2013
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Clacayo, my Business partners and I are delighted to read that your visit to our hotel pleased you and your family. Thank You very much for sharing your feedback and selecting our hotel for your visit.
Our best wishes for a relaxing and joyful Holiday period. May your future travels be safe and enjoyable.
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel which is five minutes from the airport. The rooms are very over priced at $225.00 per night, the beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on, the rooms were sub par at best. Parking is expensive when it should be included with hotel room. The pool is located on the second floor and does not have much room for lounging. There is construction going on around pool area which is very noisy. The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is the bar/lounge had great service and food. I recommend staying at another hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Al P, we are very disappointed that the sleeping comfort you expected could not be delivered along with the enjoyment of some other facilities. My Business partners in the Lounge and the Culinary department appreciate their recognition for the their service and food quality. Thank You very much for selecting our hotel and the feedback provide. Wherever possible we will make every effort to address our guests needs and expectations.
Wishing you pleasant and relaxing travels and our best wishes for the Holidays.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed overnight whilst waiting for a connecting flight. Must confess, I wasn't overly impressed. The standards between the Crowne Plaza's in Europe and the Crowne Plaza's in the US seem to be of a slightly different grade. The bathrooms were white tiled (cracked), dated, dark and dingy. The toilet was constantly leaking. Pipes made a noise. It was all very 1950's. It's a hotel airport so the comfort levels will naturally be lower, but it was just an overall unpleasant welcome to the US.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Clairege, first of all Thank You for your visit and the feedback offered to all of us. It is regretful that your stay was not at satisfactory level and your product concerns were further deepened by the leaking toilet. This we should have addressed prior to your arrival if it was a noticeable issue. Regretfully we could not address a full bathroom renovation of each guest room as time only allowed for remodeling the main guest room area. We are certainly working towards correcting this matter during the next round of remodeling. As of now, all guest rooms have been completely remodeled. A new Fitness Center is currently under construction on the Pool deck and is expected to be completed mid February 2014.
Again, we appreciated your feedback and wish that your future travels offer the expected relaxation and comfort.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to the Miami airport, but even so I found it a quiet and very comfortable place to stay. My room was nicely furnished and very clean. My room overlooked the pool which was nice. The front desk staff was really friendly and welcoming! Sometimes you don't get that in Miami so that was a pleasant surprise.

I visited the pool area, didn't get in, but it was a good place to hang out. There were a couple of cabanas and plenty of deck chairs. I had two meals at the on site restaurant, which were very good. The restaurant staff was efficient. I also used the bar/lounge area twice. Nice bar. Clean and comfortable.

The only reason I didn't give five stars is due to ongoing construction at the property. If I understood correctly it will soon be their new fitness center. It looks like it will be awesome upon completion. Don't misunderstand. The construction only occurred during the day, and I was not inconvenienced by it. It was a bit noisy during my afternoon check-in process. After the construction is complete I have no doubt this is a five start property. I look forward to finding out on my next visit to Miami.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Darryl D, Thank You so very much for sharing your feedback with us and others interested in our property. We loved reading of your approval of our product and especially the positive comments about our service performance. My Business partners and I thank you for taking time to compose and post your comments.
If we can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Wishing you pleasant and relaxing Holidays and safe travels.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel has a friendly staff, is clean, visible security 24 hours a day and is close to many attractions. Currently there is some renovation that should be completed by April 2014. In the meantime, expect leaks in the lobby/check in area when it rains, construction noise etc until the project is complete.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms overlook the pool area on one end and currently some construction on the other e...