“Nice place to start a cruise vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #35 of 129 hotels in Miami
Brampton, Canada
“Nice place to start a cruise vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I checked in for two nights prior to our cruise vacation and we were very happy overall with our experience.

One thing I really enjoyed and appreciated as a guest was the sleep amenities provided in the room to help you relax after a long day of travelling or sight seeing. The amenity pack includes a room spray, face cream and foot cream to help you relax. GREAT!!!!

Service was good all round the hotel; found the airport shuttle to be extremely efficient. At check-in the front desk associates worked hard to meet a last minute request. Although she was unable to accommodate our request she went above and beyond trying to see what she could do for us so I would like to say thank you!!!

We had dinner the first night of our stay and were happy with the selections, we especially enjoyed the Coconut Shrimp. We had the breakfast buffet our first morning and found standard breakfast options; with reasonable value for money.

We decided to try happy hour our first night at the hotel but couldn't see what Happy Hour offers there may have been. My one recommendation to the bar staff would be to highlight the offer(s) to guests when they come into the bar.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay at the Crowne Plaza again in future.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the pool or are a smoker that smokes outside then request a room on the second...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear travel-fan66, Thank You, for the very informative and well thought out feedback posted after your visit to our hotel. It is vary much appreciated and others considering our area will benefit from the detail you provided in your review.
We certainly hope that you will visit us again and wish you Bon Voyage until we meet again. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can provide future assistance.........

668 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
RALEIGH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I recently spent several weeks at this location for business. Everyone on the hotel staff from the front desk, waitstaff, housekeeping and maintenance have been wonderful. Every request that I had was taken care of with a smile. The room was clean and the bed is very comfortable. I was concerned about being comfortable for such a long stay in a hotel but I felt like it was a home away from home. We were lucky that they have a restaurant, a free shuttle to the airport and we are walking distance to several other restaurants. If you are looking for a place to stay in Miami, go to the Crowne Plaza because you will not regret it. As an extra bonus I got several hotel points so that on my next stay, I can get upgrades on my type of room and the meals.

Room Tip: The rooms with the even numbers face the pool and they also have rooms with a couch for extra room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sharon B, i am very pleased to read that your visit, spanning several weeks, was an enjoyable and productive one. My business partners and I are also thrilled that you have taken the time to post this review and the encouragement of others to visit our hotel. Please note that we are ready to assist you whenever the opportunity arises.
So, Thank You, for your business, your company and the feedback provided. May all your future travels be safe and enjoyable.
Shawnee, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I arrived at the Miami Airport about 3:00 PM on Saturday May 31, 2013. We had a short wait for a the Crown Plaza Shuttle which was driven by a friendly efficient driver. We were taken directly to the hotel, about a 10 minute drive, in traffic. The lobby of the hotel was new looking and clean. The deck staff were very efficient and friendly. Our room, on the 5th floor, was very clean and cool and ready for us. After changing, we went to the bar for a drink and was very disappointed in the way we were treated by the bar tender. We ended up waiting over 10 minutes while the bar tender talked to his friends and other employees and then we left. The concierge pointed us in the direction of the right down the block on LeJuene Road. It was the best thing that happened to us but that's another story. Back to the hotel and our bed was great, it was quiet and check-out the next morning was quick and efficient. The driver let us off within feet of our check-in kiosk. It was overall a good experience to start the vacation.

Room Tip: The higher you can get the quieter it will be.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear daokie, pleased to read that your overall experience with our hotel was a satisfactory one and your vacation started of enjoyable. Thank You very much for your visit and the posting of your feedback. We have taken note of the matter affecting the enjoyment of our Bar area and communicated it to the respective Department Manager for review.
We hope that the future will provide another opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel, until then safe and enjoyable journeys......
Buxton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

As a regular customer to Crowne Plaza (CP) Hotels I thought would put together a quick review on this hotel. When I fly into Miami International Airport (MIA) I cannot imagine staying at any other hotel that this. From jumping on the courtesy bus at the airport, taking the short drive to the hotel and checking in you could be in your room within 30 minutes of leaving the aircraft.

This hotel lives up the CP brand, the beds are fantastic and the rooms are all furnished to a good standard. When in residence I like to see stay on the 2nd floor as some of the rooms have direct access to the pool area.

Staffs at the hotel are very accommodating and welcoming; if you opt for breakfast you will not be disappointed the food is off a very high standard. The Hotel itself has great access to local shops and restaurants, all of which are within a 10 to 15 minute walk.

Every day, the hotel has a free bus call that will take you to and from one of the major malls in Miami. The bus is operated by Macy’s and is fully air-conditioned. A very short distance from the mall containing Macys, you can get easy access to the Dolphin Mall, which is the premium out-let mall in Miami.

If you decided this option is not for you, you can exit the hotel, turning right outside the main entrance and at the main traffic interchange you can get a no 7 bus to the Dolphin Mall which takes about 1 hours and will cost you $2.00 each way.

Finally, a big thank you to all the management and staff, who offer a high quality and attentive service, my only critique relates to room service and the quality of the food which is focused towards the low end of processed food.

Room Tip: King room on the second floor facing the pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Flying-Dove, your loyalty to our business and the generous reviews posted are very gratifying and stimulating. Know that we are here for you whenever the need arises. We just love having you as our guest.
I've noted the feedback regarding in room dining and will review and discuss with our F/B team as we are working on our Fall menu update.
Again, Thank You for all your feedback and support. Until the next visit, Bon Voyage.......
Cary, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the first week of June. All the staff was friendly, helpful and wonderful in every way. My room was spotless, comfortable and spacious. I enjoyed the little extras that were included (the spa products are wonderful!). I was most pleased with the quality of the pillows (no lumpy pillows here!) and bedding. There is a small daily fee for parking but parking is easy and close to the entrance. Breakfast is okay but the bar is pretty good for dinner. There are also a couple of restaurants within walking distance but I didn't get a chance to try any of those. Overall, I really enjoyed this little oasis. I know I will be staying here whenever my work brings me back to Miami.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear ml59917, from all of us here at the Crowne Plaza Miami Intern. Airport a heartfelt Thank You for your visit and your generous review. We are pleased to read that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and look forward to the occasion. Until we meet again, Bon Voyage...........
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Spent 5 nights here at end of May and had a wonderful experience overall; checked in after midnight and service was still friendly and welcoming from Francine as if it was high noon which is not the norm for checking into hotel at that hour of night.

Rooms were great as newly renovated and quite spacious also, breakfast was the normal fare but service was always warm and friendly.

Close to Coral Gables and a short drive to downtown when needed but found some nice restaurants in Coral Gables and Dolphin Mall so no reason to go anywhere else.

Overall would love to stay at this hotel again as what is expected of a good hotel brand.

Room Tip: The 42 series rooms are larger
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Richard R, we are pleased to have had the honor of your visit and the very encouraging review posted. My Business Partner Francine was specially pleased that you mentioned her by name. Know that we here if ever we can be of assistance.
May all you future journeys be peaceful and safe.................
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on 5/28 for one night until my flight the next morning. The check-in process was very quick, Francine desk clerk (from Jamaica) was very nice and efficient, she provided all the information I needed. I arrived late and the regular resturant was closed so I grabbed a bite to eat from the bar, the food I ordered was very good. The room was very nice (non-smoking) and the bed very comfortable, if I have another night layover flight out of Miami, I will definitely stay here, maybe 2 nights next time instead of one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear zbreezes, very pleased to read that our Business Partner Francine provided you with the expected service and contributed to an enjoyable stay with us. Thank You very much for highlighting her service and the posting of your observations.
We are looking forward to your next trip and encourage you to reach out and let us know if we can be of any assistance.
Until we meet again, Bon Voyage..............

Been to Crowne Plaza Miami Airport? Share your experiences!