We were coming in from another city and we overnighted at this hotel before leaving for a flight early the next morning. The hotel airport shuttle didn't come as frequently as we expected to pick us up from the airport and when it finally got there I practically had to jump in front of the shuttle to get it to stop to pick us up. We got there about 1130-1200 hoping for an early checkin, but the lady at the desk said they were full the night before and had no available rooms-- she didn't even check to see if anyone had checked out early and if a room could be prepared for us. She said that under no circumstances would anyone be able to check in before 3pm. The hotel has a locked room to store your luggage so we stored our bags and went and got lunch. The hotel is on quite a busy street-- but there are a couple of restaurants near by-- so the walk was not bad. We got back a little after 2-- and I talked to someone else about early checkin (I think it was a manager). He checked and found there was a room available that would meet our needs and so we took it. At that same time, I overheard the same lady telling another guest absolutely no checkin before 3pm and he had to wait in the lobby while we went to our room. Not sure what the deal was with that-- but I found it very discourteous. We booked our room with the buffet breakfast and which was nice-- great fresh fruit, yogurt, as well as an assortment of breads, scrambled eggs with toppings, bacon, sausage, and potatoes. If I needed to stay in the Miami Airport area again, I would try another hotel hoping to find something better, although overall it wasn't that bad.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Miami Airport Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Crowne Plaza Miami
- Miami Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenience, comfort and personal service makes the Crowne Plaza Miami International Airport hotel an ideal destination for business and leisure travelers. The Crowne Plaza hotel MIA, located on NW Lejeune Rd, is only half a mile from the MIA terminals with 24-hour complimentary MIA shuttle service. Our hotel offers a complete package of guest amenities, including a full service restaurant, lounge, a South Beach style pool, and fitness center. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available in all 305 rooms and public space. To make your stay even more convenient, we offer on demand remote printing capabilities in our business center (complimentary for registered guests). This Miami hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants and entertainment. Transportation can be arranged to the Port of Miami and shuttle service is also available to the popular Dolphin Mall (both services are available for a small fee). Enjoy being just minutes away from trendy South Beach, Port of Miami, Coconut Grove nightlife and Coral Gables. **We are a non-smoking hotel.** The hotel is centrally located near Miami International Airport and putting all the excitement of Miami within easy reach makes us one of the most convenient hotels in Miami. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Crowne Plaza Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.