“Great location and extremely comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #36 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Gilroy, California
“Great location and extremely comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Good conference/events rooms, great staff, quick to respond to all your questions and needs.
Great workout room and pool/spa.
Several restaurants in walking distance that provide Cuban, fish, or Vegan/vegetarian meals.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear AggieT, thank you very much for your visit. Pleased to read that you had the opportunity to explore the neighborhood and include it in your feedback. Hope to be of service again in the future, until then, pleasant journeys...............

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had to make a last minute reservation due to a flight cancelation, I called the Hotel and the person on the phone ( I think her name was Sandra) took care of everything for me. Once I arrived I found out that I had been upgraded to a pool view room with sliding doors ( the weather was not on my side to go for a swim but the upgrade was nice) As a Platinum member the manager Brandion greeted me as I was having breakfast in the restaurant. Very nice detail. Overall everyone at the hotel made sure I have a good stay even though it was for only 1 day. Thank you Sandra for the reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 5th or 6th floor. They are considerably quieter.
    • 5 of 5 stars
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear chuncho88, we are very pleased to read your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. The Business Partners mentioned wish to express their appreciation for identifying them for their service performance.
We do thank you for your business and the time taken to post this feedback. Until we meet again, many pleasant journeys.............
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Very convenient to the airport. The staff was extremely attentive, and very interested ensuring my stay was comfortable.
This is an older property along LeJeune road, and the competition is the Marriott complex across the street. I have to say, that this hotel holds its own very well, and I would stay here again vs. the Marriott, largely because it's a less expensive property that delivers the same product ... a bed, for a quick airport overnight.
Don't expect too much, and you'll be satisfied with this hotel. Again, for the value, it's an ideal hotel that does a good job being what they are ... an airport hotel.

• 4 of 5 stars
Dear meetjimbo, your thoughts and observations posted after your stay with us are helpful and very much appreciated. It is pleasing to read that we can and do more often than not deliver the expected service and accommodation value.
Wishing you many safe and pleasant journeys...............
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

One of those places that's fine for a short stay immediately before or after a flight. Very handy for the airport and with a good shuttle service. Bar food ok and breakfast adequate if nothing special. Rooms a but gloomy and with that transient feel but clean and fairly spacious. Added security of a key card lift. Car park ok but they do charge you for it. Good swimming pool and fitness facilities. Our experience was of efficient and courteous staff.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear SixthSense, we would like to thank you for having received your business and the posting of your detailed and balanced review. I am pleased to state that we are looking forward to the start of our product upgrade cycle, starting right after Labor Day. We are sure that the new product will enhance the accommodation experience of our future guests and match the service performance mentioned.
Safe and pleasant journeys until we meet again....................
Lima, Peru
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Conveniente location for a quick trip to Miami. They charge $13 for parking. If you rent a car try to look for a location further from the airport to avoid parking fees. The place is average. Good for one night. The front desk person was courteous and helpful. They immediately offered a wake up call and free wi-fi.

Room Tip: Look for rooms with windows towards the south for less noise.
    • 3 of 5 stars
pksahora, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear JoseAntonioRobles, we like to thank you for receiving your business and the feedback posted. I am pleased to share with you and other readers of this review that we will begin our 2012 renovation cycle at the beginning of September 2012. First up is the Hotel Lobby and the Restaurant followed by the Guestrooms and Guest room floors. Guest room renovation will include upgrading Television sets to 42 inch Flatscreen Tv's. More renovation details to follow.
Again, we thank you for your visit, wishing you many enjoyable journeys.............
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've recentely stayed at the Crowne Plaza Miami Airport, I had booked thru a third company and had already prepaid my room. When I tried to check in the lady in the front desk ask me for a credit card for payment, i asked if she meant for incidentals since my room was already prepaid. she told me the room was never prepaid only guaranteed. I gave her my credit card and advise it was a debit card. I'm a loyal PC member for over 5 years now, i asked her for an upgrade and she told me my rate didnt qualify, first time i heard that. To my understanding PC member get upgrade for free; regardless the rate. At this time i was getting very aggravated for all the rude, i asked to speak to the manager and she told me she was the supervisor. I asked her again to speak to the manager and she told me that at the moment the she was the manager since the manager on duty was gone for the night. The supervisor name was camilla, and from what i read on previous review, she's alwasy rude. I guess i shouldnt feel bad anymore, however i will not be going back to that crowne plaza, i rather be disloyal and head to the marriot next door.

Room Tip: change managment
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank lifeexperiencecounts
Dear lifeexperiencecounts, WOW this does not look good at all. I am so very sorry that you too had a disappointing encounter with my colleague. It has certainly taken me my surprise. As I stated in my response to the previous posting, we will do whatever is necessary to stop this unacceptable behaviour and take appropriate corrective actions. I appreciate you being such a loyal supporter of our brands and agree with you that you should expect to be recognized for your loyalty.
Please know that I am ready to assist you whenever it may be of benefit to you. In the meantime I have little left but to offer my apology for our shortcoming. Know that your feedback has our full attention.
forth worth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I recentely stayed at the crown plaza near miami international airport ,i was sent by american airlines due to problems with my flight.I have stayed at crowne plaza before and my experiences have always been positive . But on this occasion i found the lady in the front desk to be very rude and condesending her name is camila ,not only was she rude but she seemed more interested in what she was doing on her computer than assisting me the customer. And to make matters even worse i asked to speak to a supervisor and she told me she was the supervisor in a very bad tone.I find it very sad that crowne plaza has such an employee in a supervision role. I think the hotel seriously needs to consider better who they put in such positions,because if a supervisor treats a customer like that i cant even imagine what a manager must be like. I thought that with being a platinum member in the priority club program the service should have been excellent which it was far from that. I feel as though i was treated differently by her due to the fact that american airlines was paying for my room which shouldnt matter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank micheal r
Dear michael r, I am disappointed to read about your unpleasant service experience at our hotel. We will use all the tools available to to research the matter and than take appropriate corrective measures. While the negative experience with one individual is certainly concerning, I would encourage readers not to assume that such a behavior will be tolerated if not corrected and/or that others share the same attitudes.
As I stated, we will take timely and appropriate actions necessary to correct this concern immediately. Please accept my personal apology for the incident and thank you for providing us with your feedback.