“Fine for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 129 Hotels in Miami
The Netherlands
“Fine for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Hotel is well located near the airport as well as restaurants and shopping locations.
The room was pretty big which was nice.
Our toilet didn't flush properly though, so we called the front desk. Maintenance was out so they gave us another room.
Hotel overall was fine, but a little rundown (could do with a little refurbishment).
Fine for one night though and located close to airport.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Hyatt Place hotels are basically the same wherever you go. However, in this case, the place needs a little TLC. The service, as at all Hyatt properties, was excellent for the most part and the layout of the rooms is just fine. That said, we stayed in a room that was pet-friendly even though we did not bring a pet. The carpet remained damp throughout our one-day stay and we discovered a wet spot (about 12" in diameter) just in front of the sink. We presume that carpet had just been cleaned as a result of a recent pet stay, and the wet spot was probably a last-minute pet cleanup, as well.

We called down to the front desk the evening of our stay to report that we were not receiving several channels on the hotel's channel guide. And, some other channels were pixilated. The person I spoke with advised that the hotel's engineering personnel were gone for the day, but she would have one of the "guys" come up and look into the problem. She then asked If I could call back in a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes if no one came to the room to check out the reception problem.

As with other Hyatt Places, the air conditioning unit is located next to the bed, is quite loud, and cycles on and off every couple of minutes, making a good night's sleep difficult.

Lastly, the complimentary breakfast is underwhelming. In addition to cereal, fruit, juice and coffee, the breakfast "buffet" includes an egg and cheese biscuit. The biscuit was cold, heavy, and pretty tasteless.

I will still stay a Hyatt Places in the future, but probably not at this particular property. There are too many other choices.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hyatt in Doral and must say that I am loving staying at Hyatt Places. The rooms are about the best I've seen, the set up is amazing, plenty of room for you to relax, work, watch TV, and stretch out.

The staff here were all VERY nice, the hotel was clean and updated. Beds were comfy. The only issue we had was the AC unit was VERY noisy but to confess, I didn't complain as I didn't realize that this was the case until I was unpacked and I assumed that the fix was to move to another room...and to be honest, it just wasn't worth it.

I'll stay here again if I am in the area again, I really enjoyed it and again, Hyatt Place hotels are just pretty amazing

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Portsmouth, New Hampshire, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I am a Hyatt goldpoints member and I have stayed in different level Hyatt's and my first poor experience. This hotel did not meet expectations. My room had a overwhelming mold smell. A portion of the floor was wet near desk area.
I ordered the hummus plate. It was not of good quality or worth the price. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Clean, convenient & comfortable. Stayed here for a girls basketball tournament at University of Miami. Not meant to be a walking friendly hotel. Have stayed at other Hyatt Places in the past and felt this one lacked a bit on the free breakfast.

Good if you need a clean place to sleep and plan on spending the day out and about.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here again because of the positive experience we've had here before- and I must say, the quality of the room we were in has definitely gone down a notch. It was indeed clean- but the room is showing signs of wear and tear. The carpeting in our room was in need of a good steam cleaning. There was some sort of construction going on at the hotel- and I wish we had known before we booked. I'm not sure if it was like this on all of the floors, but the one we were on smelled like chemicals and paint all day long. It was quite overwhelming. We all enjoyed the breakfast offered here very much. Fresh fruit, warm breakfast sandwiches, a variety of cereals and juices... it was all very good. We did some laundry while we were there and thought the $2 to wash and $2 to dry was quite reasonable for a hotel's laundry room. The pool are was clean and well maintained. I liked that they had the pool towels at the pool.
The staff here are always so helpful and friendly. They really are the reason we may return to this property if we're in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky, EEUU
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Extended stay here. Nice rooms and good housekeeping. Breakfast not that good. Hot food was always cold and no microwave anywhere, ANYWHERE. Guest laundry expensive to use. Two dollars to wash, two more dollars to dry plus you buy your soap. Friendly employees and good transportation to/from airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral? Share your experiences!