“Amazing service.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Miami
San Pedro, Belize
“Amazing service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I traveled as a single woman. This was my first trip to Miami and of course, I was a bit nervous being all alone in a city that I was unfamiliar with. I was also staying for 5 days so I was also concerned that I had chosen a good base. I can't say enough nice things about this hotel and the wonderful team of staff there. The staff all went above and beyond, every single time, without fail, to help me, provide me with customer service and to make me feel welcome. I was astounded actually as this isn't a small hotel and they are extremely busy.

The staff work long hours and are dealing with demanding customers continuously. Nevertheless, nothing was too much to ask. If I asked about a local restaurant or shop, they would go out of their way to look up and print out the information I needed. I can't remember all of the names of the many staff members who looked after me and helped to make my stay so pleasant, but two that stood out in my mind were Robert, who is an absolute gem and Nicole, who was so patient and very kind to me. Hector, the shuttle driver, was also wonderful and extremely helpful. The managers who were on duty always impressed me to by mucking in and helping their staff out and really working as a team. They truly work so hard and seem to take a great deal of pride in what they do. OK. Enough gushing about the staff.

The room was as shown in photographs. It had a living room area and bedroom area. It was spacious, clean and comfortable. I used the pool almost daily, which was a great amenity for me. I'm not a big breakfast fan, but the spread was generous and there was a lot of variety. I appreciated the fruit and cottage cheese myself, but they do all sorts of things like french toast and breakfast sandwiches as well as oatmeal, cereal, yogurt and pastries.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. Someone there is very smart at hiring great customer service personnel. For anyone planning to stay in Miami near the airport, if you want to feel welcome and cared for, I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Aruba
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel, the staff was really friendly, a very big man helped us and was very welcoming and nice. When we arrived in the room there was a big A/C unit in the room which would constantly turn off and on with an enormous sound. This sound would wake you at times during the night and in the morning or make the tv less understandable. The tv had some channels not working well where the sound would be on and off and some channels would have a scrambled screen.
I found a pubic hair next to the pillow which grossed me out. The bathroom is super small where the toilet is almost in the bath tub and the door does not close if you are sitting on the toilet because it closes within 1 cm of the toilet. The bath tub's drain was clogged and would take some time to let the water go. When we called for the A/C unit and the bath tub they told us that all the rooms have that airconditing in the room and they will fix the clogged bath tub drain. Nothing was done.
Since I was there for only 3 days and out of the room most of the time, I did not bother changing rooms or even hotel. But I do not think I will return to stay there in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chaguanas, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

My stay at the hotel was only for one night but my first impression was great. I boarded the shuttle at Miami international airport and was greeted by a polite and helpful shuttle driver. The hotel is located about 10 mins from the airport which is a major plus. At the hotel my check in took about 10 mins and I was off to my room. The room was quiet,clean and modern in typical Hyatt design. My stay was undisturbed and I had a great night's rest. The breakfast was buffet styled with a good variety of items to chose from. In summary my stay was great. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Ground Floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Royal Oak, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Checked in late, I was told the key card machine "didn't work" and the front desk person "would have to let me into my room with a master key" and that "maybe" I could get a key in the morning. The lobby was a mess- cleaning products on the counter, a full gallon of milk sitting on the counter at the cafe, and all of the refrigerators were open. The halls were littered with paper from a local pizza place, and luggage carts all over the place, and load teenagers swimming in the pool at 2:00am.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stay here a lot because it is close to my office. The hotel is clean, the rooms are big and spacious. Some of it is a little dated and there is not a full service restaurant. That said, I think it is perfectly good. The food you can get, is fine and their breakfast is actually very, very good. What really solidifies this for me though is the service. Literally EVERYONE that works here is over the top amazing and hospitable. I truly feel like I am a guest here. I am very please with everything. It's not luxury, but for the money I think it is quite good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We checked into the Hyatt late in the evening and left fairly early the next day, the hotel was clean & comfortable for our overnight stay. The staff was very friendly & breakfast was okay. Good place for a quick stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Hyatt place properties are well set up for families and business travelers as well. We enjoy the space of the rooms that offer a separate sitting area that our youngest enjoys sleeping. This hotel was well maintained and clean. The front area staff was very helpful and accommodating. We enjoy the food/snack selection and the free breakfast area is about the best in the industry.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral? Share your experiences!