“Very good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #53 of 130 hotels in Miami
Barbados
“Very good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was the perfect location for my purpose. Besides business, at walking distance you have a few good restaurants and the Doral golf complex, a little more distant the Dolphin and International malls. The hotel was clean, the staff very very kind, the rooms clean, spacious and comfortable, the breakfast excellent, free in room wi-fi, and the food offer was very good. The hotel offers a free shuttle to the international mall and the airport. The hotel manger was so kind to give me a lift to a close business location with the shuttle bus.
I definitely recommend this hotel and thank the staff for the excellent service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so very much for your review of the hotel. We are always happy when our guests have an enjoyable stay and are pleased with our services and amenities. This is what we strive for with each guest. We hope to see you again in the very near future.

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay from the 17th-20th.

The staff is super friendly; hotel/rooms are kept exceptionally clean, breakfast was excellent and bought plenty of options(Day 1: waffles, eggs, ham, cereal, yogurt fresh fruit/juice, oatmeal, toast & bagels).

Our room was VERY spacious. There's a sofa bed sectional as well as a TV that rotates which was great!

The hotel is accessible to plenty of highways, a short 15 minute drive to South Beach and there are plenty of food options in the area (Doral).

My only complaint is there should be better signage outside of the hotel because it is very easy to ride past.

I have no real complaints I'd definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall on floors 3-6; more than likely you won't be across from a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
we thank you for your review of our hotel and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here for some days while we did some tours to the everglades etc. The hotel is a good choice if you are looking for a cheap but clean place. The rooms are a bit outdated and the bathrooms are small but everything was clean and comfortable. The breakfast offers fresh fruit, non-fat yoghurt, fresh juices and toast. i really enjoyed that because usually you don't get fresh fruit in hotels in this category in the US.
Wifi and parking is free and there is a free airport shuttle. The location is also perfect for driving to the Everglades because you don't have to cross downtown Miami.
All in all it's a nice place for some days if you don't plan to spent a lot of time in the hotel room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality and we thank you for the review of the hotel. We look forward to you staying with us again sometime in the near future.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Friends and I were traveling to Miami for a 2 week vacation. Our condo wouldn't be ready to check into until the day after we arrived, so prior to flying into Miami I went online to look for a hotel that offered free airport shuttle, along with free WiFi. The Hyatt Place matched both of those pre-requisites. Upon reading reviews here on TA, I was convinced this was the best place for us.

I am glad to report that our stay at the Hyatt Place Miami/West Doral was a pleasant one.

Given that this hotel is about 5 miles away from the airport, you have to call the hotel upon arriving at the airport, so the shuttle can come pick you up. They don't have regular shuttle service to/from the airport as I was told. I knew this before our trip, so as soon as our plane landed, before getting off the plane, I called the hotel front desk to let them know we had arrived, and sure enough, within 5 minutes of exiting baggage claim, we saw the Hyatt Place shuttle heading our way to pick us up.

I don't know if Miami hotels make a habit of it, but I was pleasantly delighted that the shuttle had complimentary ice cold bottled water which the driver asked if we wanted any. Given Miami's relative heat and humidity, cold water is always a welcome sign. The shuttle driver, an older gentleman, was very cordial and even asked if we needed recommendations with regard to a place to dine at that evening.

Check-in was the fastest I have ever seen in my life, and I travel a lot. I am talking about less than 30 seconds to check in. The guy didn't even bother asking for my ID or Credit Card. Just asked my name, confirmed my card and he handed me my key and off we went up to our 3rd floor room.

Upon getting into the room, I was amazed at how nice the room was, but also how ample and spacious it was. You walk into the living room/kitchenette and further in are the beds and bathroom/closet. Much to my surprise, I was amazed to see that the room had a 42" Plasma flatscreen that actually had matching HD on the screen. Many times you'll see hotels having LCDs with stretch SD, not true HD. Not at this hotel. Very high marks for that in my book.

It bears mentioning that this hotel is literally like 50 steps away from both Burker King and Boston Market which are both adjacent the hotel parking lot. Something that came in handy for us as we didn't have to go far for food.

The WiFi at the hotel came in handy and you most certainly can't beat FREE WiFi. Front desk told me that WiFi only works in the rooms, which wasn't quite true, because I used the hotel WiFi on my iPad while having a glass of OJ poolside the next morning. The one improvement this hotel could make is to ensure they have WiFi available in their lobby. It's a beautifully appointed lobby with plenty of seating/meeting space for it not to have WiFi available in that area; but they must know why they don't have WiFi available in that area.

Speaking of which, another bright spot is the extensive continental breakfast offered down in the lounge adjacent the front desk. Unlike most hotels, Hyatt Place had warm ham/egg muffins similiar to what McDonalds offers. That, coupled with the OJ made for a great start to the day for us.

While we didn't book a car during our one-day hotel stay, I did notice that they offer ample parking throughout the property, and because the hotel is somewhat secluded within what appears to be a series of business offices, it makes for a safe parking area.

The beds were extremely comfortable, as was the hot shower I took. I guess they had the AC turned on full blast at 55 degrees when we got to the room. That was comfortable coming from the airport, but we did turn it off at the end of the evening upon turning in for bed.

This was our first time staying at this property, and already I've bookmarked their website as we intend on returning upon our next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: Our room was towards the back of the property overlooking the back parking and was very comfortable...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your great and detailed review of our hotel. We certainly appreciate all the feedback you offered. We do try to make our guests as comfortable as possible and a bottle of water on the ride from the airport certainly helps on those hot and humid summer days. We hope to be of service to you again in the near future.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

It was a little inconvenient for arrival as there was much road construction in front of the hotel. However, was we arrived and nestled in, had a great room with fantastic view. Once construction is finished seems to be accessible by train if I'm not mistaken.

• Stayed August 2012
We thank you for your review of the hotel. we are pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Port of spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hotel is ideally located, shuttle service of great use (to/from airport and other surrounding areas), decent breakfast. Rooms are spacious and well laid out , extra blankets and pillows in room, separate areas are very nicely equipped.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
We thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy that your stay was pleasant and you enjoyed our amenities. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this property. Everything was clean, comfortable, and well stocked, Check in was easy and service was good. I should say that check in was easy AFTER I walked all the way around the hotel with luggage. The parking area forms a line circling the hotel. However, prior to check-in (without a room key), you can only get in the front door. While this is common at hotels, the layout made it much more of a pain here.

The location is good (on a major road and near a major freeway) although it is REALLY down a side street (not on a major road as the address indicates).

The room itself was quite adequate - with a living area (sofa), desk area, wet bar/refrigerator, and semi-separated bedroom. As another reviewer indicated, the closet is half hidden - meaning only partially accessible behind the bathroom counter. Drawer space was also somewhat limited (and in the funky corner with the closet).

Although the room was generally quiet, I could at times hear the TV in the room next to me through the adjoining door. Also, be prepared to have planes fly directly overhead as this is on the flight path to the airport.

The breakfast buffet was quite nice, with a good assortment of items including nice breakfast sandwiches (as well as fruit, pastries, etc.). There is also a small "snack bar" from which you can purchase sandwiches and light meals.

Wireless internet only worked in some parts of the room (not the bedroom!).

The room was generally good - and I would consider staying there again due to a nice combination of price, features, and location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review of our property. we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to serve you again some time in the future.

Been to Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral? Share your experiences!