“Hyatt Place reliably good” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #58 of 130 hotels in Miami
London
“Hyatt Place reliably good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights as it was close to the airport and also cheap enough to off-set the price of a fancier downtown hotel later on in our trip. I've stayed in a Hyatt Place before and it was pretty much the same and this is a good thing. The rooms are large (huge by european standards) and breakfast is included though it's not amazing. However, for the money, I don't think you can beat it. They have self-serve check-in which suited us though I'm aware not everyone is a fan of these. If you're over-nighting in Miami for a connecting flight then this hotel would do the job but if you plan on spending time in South Beach or Downtown it would probably be better to stay in those areas.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
RichardMiamiHyattPl, General Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear Stephen J

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of any assistance to you, don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 305-718-8292 Ext 5101.

Richard Collazo CHA.
Hyatt Place Miami Airport West

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night. Room and hallway had a very bad smell. Lock on door was half broken and I felt that if someone kick the door in it would open easily. The window locks were also non functioning. TV was broken and changed it's own channels. It was the worst stay ever. Hotel host was also rude too. I will not stay here ever again! I was even overcharged. Don't waste your money here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear A C

I apologize that your expectations were not met, we try very hard to make every guest stay a good.

I wish you had brought this to my attention, this is the first time I've ever heard of a TV not working or a door lock being broken. I take all these comments very seriously, and for my staff being rude does not make sense.

Again I apologized that your stay was not a good one, please know your comments will help us in improving the hotel.

General Mananger
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Motel is a cut above average in terms of appearance and cleanliness. Efficient shuttle service from Miami airport and is fairly close to that facility. We used it as a stopover, leaving on a cruise the next day after our arrival. We would stay there again. We didn't have a car, so nearby restaurants were adequate for a one-night stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
RichardMiamiHyattPl, General Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Dear Agrathwol:

Richard Collazo CHA.
Hyatt Place Miami Airport West
Queensbury, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I thought that coming to a Hyatt hotel I would come to a beautiful nice clean hotel, but I got shocked seeing a very old dilapidated bathroom

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
RichardMiamiHyattPl, General Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Dear Joeana S

Please that Hyatt is aware of the bathroom's and is currently in the planning stages to remodel all the bathrooms.
We hope that in the future you will return and see that we are listening to our guest and making improvements. We will be rolling out a new breakfast concept starting June 1 that will exceed guest expectations.

Again I apologize that your stay was not a good one.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 305 718 8292.

Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral GM
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We arrived into MIA late at night and used our Hyatt points to pay for a one night stop over before travelling on to Naples. I'm glad we used points and hadn't paid as I have always associated the Hyatt name with a more upscale hotel.
We picked our car up and drove to the hotel. Even with directions it took a little finding. We were checked in and advised where the hotel facilities were. A request for food was met with 'check what we have at the counter'. I knew a 24 hour menu was available so asked husband to sort this and took our luggage on up to the room. He came up with 4 sandwiches and 4 bottled sodas which cost $40.

The room was spacious though the bathroom was small. We had 2 doubles and a large sofa which converted to a sofa bed. The TV was large and there was also a fridge and coffee maker. The air conditioning unit was very loud and could be heard throughout the night.
The room was adequate but obviously well used and the carpet made our socks very dirty.

We went for breakfast, which was complimentary, in the morning and it was absolutely heaving. It was hard to find seating and queues were long. The food was basic but served our purposes. It consisted of tea, coffee or juice, fruit, cereal, toast and pastries.

There was a small pool to the side of the hotel but we didn't use it.

To sum up - for 1 night as a basic hotel stop over hotel it served our purposes but I wouldn't have liked to use it for any longer.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
RichardMiamiHyattPl, General Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Sraj:

Thank you for taking the time to out of your schedule to complete a survey on Trip Advisor.
I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Place Miami Airport I will share your comments with the team.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 305 718 8292.
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We spent a night here prior to flights the next morning, and when I booked the hotel I specifically asked whether they had a 24 hour airport shuttle, as we knew we were arriving late. The Hyatt reservations desk assured me that they did. When we arrived at the airport, however, we were told that the shuttle stopped at 9 pm. We waited for another half hour (at midnight!) in the Miami airport waiting for a cab, which cost us $30. When we got to the hotel, we told the reception desk what had happened, and the manager offered us complimentary wine and snacks to apologize. It was a nice gesture and very much appreciated. The property itself is nice for s short stay, the only disadvantage is the tiny breakfast area--they do the best they can, but the next morning there were over a hundred people (mostly pre-cruise passengers, Christmas week) trying to get breakfast. It was pretty chaotic. Our room was spacious and clean though and overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

I prefer to stay at Hyatt Place. This was a business trip and the room is what I expected with familiar styling and everything where I know I'll find it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
RichardMiamiHyattPl, Manager at Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral, responded to this review, January 4, 2012

Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral GM

Been to Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral? Share your experiences!