“Noisy but convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 129 hotels in Miami
Abbeville, South Carolina
“Noisy but convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Easy check-in and lots of amenities. There was airport, highway and train noise but not to cause problems. The folks in the room above us were bouncing around like Chinese gymnasts at night. A phone call to the desk handled that problem. Even though there were three driveways to the property, only one was always open. One of these driveways would have made ingress and egress much easier (entrance onto 12th). There is a lot of highway construction in all directions so have alternate routes in mind. We didn't need the kitchen but anything you would need for a lengthy stay was there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

At a first glance the hotel is not very attractive. The "residence" style allow some rooms to be located literally on street, with direct access to anyone. It is not a common thing to see. The room is not bad, with all furniture and appliances needed to a long stay. But you should be aware that you will be situated just below the final approach/ take-off trajectory of Miami Airport. It is really noisy! The ear plugs provided by the staff are not sufficient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tony G, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post a review for our hotel and for your candid feedback. The hotel uses these reviews to understand what guests truly enjoy about their stay, and what we can do to improve their stay. Thank you!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have no problem with airport noise. ESPECIALLY when I book next to an airport! The room was immaculate. Runway 9/27 is a busy one though and at 13,000 feet, it sure to have the big boys taking off and screaming to gain altitude and a pretty constant rate in good weather. Hey, they supply you with ear plugs,lol. Free wi-fi and parking is always a plus.This would not be a place where I would stay for 6 weeks ( I overheard a guy looking to book in the summer) given the aircraft noise and outside rush hour traffic. To me, with the kitchen set up, living room and dining area and all, this is a property better suited for the country or an area with less hustle and bustle where you can enjoy the amenities of home in a quiet atmosphere. Stephanie was the crown jewel of the front desk folks who were all nice. The themed free eats every night was a nice touch on the pocket as well as the palate and of course the free breakfast in the morning was delicious, hot and on time. Oh, and good coffee is always available around the clock. The ceilings in the rooms are paper thin. The upper rooms are called penthouses and you have a family with active kids above you, you're in for a noisy stay. Since I was a short stay guy I didn't complain but the front desk would admonish the tenants if requested. Good transient place. I would stay again and this time shoot a few hoops or hit a few tennis balls. Go. Stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay under the penthouse suites or rooms with families. The ceilings are thin. Asked to be...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Tony G, Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear JAYTRAVEL1958:
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. The hotel uses these reviews to understand what guests truly enjoy about their stay, and what we need to do to improve. Thank you very much for your candid feedback. Kind Regards, TGomez
demaileron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This place gets an even five stars. Cool rooms, great staff, very good food, and a very quick airport shuttle.

Keep in mind it is an AIRPORT area hotel. Miami International is one of the busier airports in North America. It is just beyond me when people get on TripAdvisor and complain about jet noise while at an airport area hotel.

If you don't like Jet noise, don't fly. Or at least, don't stay at an airport area hotel.

Meanwhile, I look forward to my return.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Residence Inn by Marriott - Airport. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you soon!
Summerville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Let me start out by saying that the staff at this hotel was great. The issues were not within their control. I was there for 12 days for work. The place is old and shows its age. The studio suite I had was very large and was on ground level. All of the rooms exit to the outside. There is no security or anything preventing anyone from.the property. As a woman alone, I did not feel safe at times. There were some questionable characters on the property. The biggest issue by far is the NOISE! It is directly in the landing approach for Miami airport. It felt like they were landing on the roof. The building often shook! The planes were frequent. Oh, and to top it off, around 3-4 am a train right next to the hotel came through, horns blaring. There is no sound proofing either as the Gorilla above me was another issue. Despite the convenience to where I had to go, I would never stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tony G, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
We thank you very much for having taken the time to post a response for our hotel and letting us know what we are doing right and what we need to improve. Guest Satisfaction is our #1 priority. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly. Kindest regards,
Ashland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am a Marriott regular, and prefer Residence Inn & Springhill Suites. I chose this property since t was close to University of Miami, wher I was conducting business and close to the airport, where I would be departing from. Much to my chagrin, there is no airport shuttle!! This is definately needed. The rooms are tired, and the bathroom in need of updating/regrouting. Not to pleasant to look at.

On the plus side, the satff is young and energetic and happy to help and recommend local restaurants. I do appreciate that kind of service. The lobby printer was not working, so they offered to have me forward the docs to them, and they printed everything for me. The manager worked hard on Wednesday night cooking the burgers for the BBQ. Nice to see that, too!!

The planes do come right overhead.In fact, you can wave to the passengers!!. It's not too offensive, though.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tony G, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We thank you very much for having taken the time to post a response for our hotel. It gives us the opportunity to learn and improve our services. We will certainly look into the possibility of adding airport shuttle service to and from the hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know what we are doing right and what we need to improve. Guest Satisfaction is our #1 priority. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly. Kindest regards,
Havertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I agree that the hotel does lie right beneath the plane landing path so that it can be noisy during the night, however it quiets down after midnight. The room is average and we couldn't get the internet to work for some reason, no matter through wireless or wired network. We never had problem at the other residence inn, so was surprised to have encountered the problem. The front desk did call the room to follow up, however the problem still cannot be resolved because no technician is present at that time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tony G, General Manager at Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a response. I apologize that you were not able to connect to our WiFi service during your most recent visit. We have since contacted our internet service provider and have requested that they check every access point to assure that this does not happen in the future. Please know that we have complimentary 24/7 technical support for all of our guests and that we realize how important it is to be able to connect. Thank you again and please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. Kind Regards, TonyG

Been to Residence Inn Miami Airport West/Doral Area? Share your experiences!